Safe Haven

Monster

I added onto this chapter so if you've already read the begging of just go to the bottom and it's there I just thought that this chapter was too short.

 

-Morning-

 

I rolled over to be welcomed by the warm bright beam of sunlight shinning through the window to hit my face and cause me to sturr in my bed, causing one of the two pillows to fall off the loft to plumit towards the ground with a soft thud inaudible to the human ear.

I moved my hand around without opening to try and find the other pillow that was still on the bed but, I couldn't seem to locate it, so instead I used the second best thing to cover my face from the beam of light, so I pulled the sheets over my head but, the ray of light still managed to seep through, I grabbed the comforter and pulled it over top of sheet cover my body.

'Nope, no, I can't do this it's way to hot!' I began to pull away the sheet and comforter until a thougt poped into my head

'I can't, give up now, what's a little heat, I need my beauty sleep.' I mumbled to myself 

I began to cover my body with the sheet and comforter again but, this time I made a little hole to breathe through,

"NO, NO! I CAN'T IT'S LIKE A ING SAUNA IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SAHARA!" I expressed to myself ( once again) before I ripped the sheets off my body and got gosse bumps almost instantly do to the cooler air coming in contact with my warm skin but, then began to disappear after sitting in the rays of sunlight coming from the window just meters away on the wall. I turned around to face the window to see if I could manage to get a glimpse outside but, was no use because I had to cover my eyes with my hand instantly. Plus it was no use because the window was higher up from the bed, the only way I could see outside was if I stood up, like I was going to do that on this old wobbily bed just to plumit towards the concret floor.

I slipped the rest of my legs out from under the sheets, to crawl towards the cold metal latter that hasn't been used by another besides me in years. As my bare feet made contact with the cool concrete that supported the bed for years, it was farly dirty due to the dust and dirt that had acumilated over the years, plus the lack of maintence, who actually knows when a living thing has last been in here. 

I glanced over to my backpack just laying on top of my desk just to the right of everything else on the desk, which was pretty much, just a lamp which was still on due to the fact I was too lazy to turn it off, black cup filled with a few pencils and pens, the folders, *shiver.*

I opened my backpack to grab a pair of socks, as I opened it up my tooth paste and brush dropped tumbled out towards the ground but, before a single bristles could make contac with the cool floor I caught it in my hands in the blink of an eye.

"How the did I catch that?" I mumbled to myself astonished by my incredible coordination. I shook my head and sighed as memories of that horride place that I used to think that was a safe haven, built to protect me from the evil. When it was the total opposite, it was a place to keep all the evil in including me. 

I bit my lip trying to shake the memories, I stood from the crouch that I was in, and straitened my curved back still with the toothpaste and brush in my hands. I starred at both objects, before placing them onto the desk to put on my sock to envople with warmth to my now freezing feet. I slipped on my black boots grabbed my tooth past and brush in one hand than set off to find the washroom.

 

 

 

As I was walking back from the old grey,dusty concrete washroom, that had the pungint oder of decay and mold with the fait smell of blech, at least I think that what it was it may have been rat poision. But then again the halls smelled no different than the washroom. 

I was now wondering around trying to find a different way out then the way I came in from just incase someone did come back, with was most unlikely. Then there was a bang that inturputed my amless wondering, I swiftly wipped around to see if something was behind me but, i saw nothing, so I thought nothing of it, until a blur caught my eye down the hall across from me, but It ran? Cralwed? Flown? so fast that I couldn't get a good glimpse of the figure. I began to walk towards the direction  of the unknown figure, I reached the end of the hall and saw nothing, I turned to leave it at that thinking that it might of been just a rat, but how naive was I to do so, as I turned another clatter was heard, the noise was to loud to made by a rat. As i peered my head around the corner, I saw nothing so instead of leaving I proceeded in that direction.

Each step that I took felt as if I was trying to move in qwick sand, something was tryng to keep me away from getting to the end of the hallway knew it. Every bone in my body knew it, it told me to get away run and hide, maybe I should listen to what my body was saying but, at this point the pressure that was on my body to greatly that it kind of felt good as if someone was giving me a message. It started to move my body, I don't know at this point what I'm dong if I'm controlling my own body or if that thing was. I could barily peer my eyes around the corner of the hall now to see if there was actually a person. 

There was no one just a broken led light barily hangging onto the ceiling and the others flickering on and off with a ticking nosie each time. I turned my head to see if it went down the other way, there was nobody in the hallway but there was something on the ground, and my curiosity got the best of me and I began to walk towards it. as I got closer it wasn't just A thing it was multiple things, or should I say prints. I kleed down right beside one of the prints to get a closer glimspe of it. As I examended it more I wanted to figure what left this mark untintentionally I reached out to the print, to my surprize it was damp. With the substance on my index finger I rubbed it together with my thumb to feel the texture, it was smooth with the execption of some pebbles and dirt clumps. I was too sumudged to know what it was but, I knew at this point that A it was a foot print, B that I was no longer along then againI never knew that I was ever alone, and C who ever left this foot print didn't want me to know that it was here and who it was.

Then there was a pop and shattering sound, I wipped my head around to see the once dim hall with flickering lights a mess with glass of the lights all over the floor, one by one each light blub shattered heading towards me and at the end of the hall was a shawdow. No it wasn't a shawdow it was figure.