VIII

Chasing Summer

Life went by, but not a day passed where he didn't miss her.

 
He missed her body next to his. He missed her touch and how she made him feel. He missed the way she smelled of vanilla, and her soft hands on his.
 
He missed all the little things she did, he missed whenever she dressed up nicely for him, he wished he'd never had taken her for granted. He missed when she'd surprise him with an already made breakfast as he stumbled out of his room after sleeping or simply she'd surprise him whenever she'd give him a hug then a kiss on the cheek.
 
He missed her on his last birthday when he had done that stupid stupid thing. He'd take it all back if he could just have her next to him again.
 
Everyday was filled with longing, but he kept on moving forward. He knew things should probably get better but every fiber of his being knew that nobody could ever replace her. They were the perfect couple, he just had to ruin everything, which is a fact he knew for sure and it killed him inside.
 
 
It was a long day at work. He had closed 15 cases today. It was hard being a lawyer, but he enjoyed it anyway. The rush of being the best closer in the city always made his work much more bearable, and entertaining. He always won.
 
He got a pack of Oreos from his bag, yes he had a pack in his suitcase, because he was hungry and he was driving home.
 
She liked Oreos, they were her favorites.
 
"These are the best ing cookies ever!" She told him when they first started dating, then immediately stuffed one in his mouth.
"Right??" She asked him enthusiastically. All he did was nod, and swallow the blasted thing. He wasn't much for sweets, but these were actually good. They would've tasted better with milk.
 
 
He laughed at the memory. 'I miss her,' he thought. She was always the light that brightened up his darkness.
 
He was finishing the last piece of his Oreo pack when he finally reached his Unit.
 
He unlocked the door and stepped in, he stood stupefied for he had an unknown guest.
 
"You know, I never did tell you about that pretty girl I had a crush on." The guy said.
 
Jiyong kinked a brow. "Sho?"
 
"It was hard looking for this place, but you did well." Sho said, admiring the interior of Jiyong's home.
 
"But seriously, I never told you. Let me tell you all about her!" Shota told him enthusiastically. Jiyong, now GD, sat down and sighed. Sooner or later, Sho would have found this place out anyway then he'd weasel himself in and get back into Jiyong's life. Well, it was a good thing they were friends.
 
"Fine," Jiyong said, resting his cheek on his fist. He wasn't in the mood to hear his friend's latest conquest but hell, he had nothing better to do anyway. He didn't have a girlfriend to keep him busy.
 
"Damn you should've seen her... She was so...so fiiiine. That dress she was wearing that night? It was off the hook! I'm telling you. It had sleeves which made her look all saintly, but then you take a look at the whole picture and oooooh baby! It was anything BUT saintly."
 
"Her hair, man. Her hair was beautiful and long and dark and the curls that hung loose past her shoulders. That smile, you couldn't get past those lips. And those eyes, jeez. Looking at her was enough to drive me over the edge! Bro? Her voice? Like. An angel's. And those curves! Jesus Christ those curves, it's like they were solely made to tempt men. Her legs, too. Her legs were long and slender and they were all any man could stare at. I swear to God.  They were long as days. Plus she was wearing heels! So that's like, y x 100!" As Shota was talking, Jiyong could only fantasize about one girl. His girl. Ah yes, despite her beautiful personality and image, which could have been an attribute gifted by God, her body was...well, could be a present from the devil. Truly, she had assets. Everywhere. It was unfair, no sane man could tell her no. He didn't know if that was good or bad but as long as she was his, he'd be the happiest human being on earth. Now, he was jealous of the next man who would have her.
 
Shota continued droning on and on not giving Jiyong a glance as he was locked in his own world of Summer seeing as his iedetic memory fancied every inch of her. Even though they were just friends. Shota was a creeper, that was for sure.
 
"And she smelled...well, she smelled like you." He sniffed the air close to Jiyong and said.
 
"But with a hint of vanilla..yet she still smelled like you. How weird is that? But anyway, her name's Summer. It's a pretty name for a pretty girl!" He continued.
 
Summer. 'Did he say Summer?' Jiyong thought. No, no way. it couldn't be the same girl. Right? But he had to ask. "Huh? Summer? You saw Summer? Where???"
 
" Wait.. What? The pretty girl? The one who acts like such a smart and a sweet heart at the same time?The one with the nice body? The girl who isn't like any other girl I've ever met? THIS GIRL?" Shota asked, slapping a picture of Summer on the coffee table between them. 
 
Jiyong took it. He stared at the picture. He knew it. He was right. All the ways that Shota described her was like any way a man would describe a girl at a club, but Jiyong knew this girl was too good to be true than all the others. This was his girl. 
 
"She was there at the club. She bolted, though. You and Kiko probably scared her with your not-so-ing." 
 
"Me and Kiko...? She saw us...?"
 
"Well it was kinda hard to ignore you guys. It was like you were putting on a show. Not ashamed if anyone could see."
 
"You...you were the one she went on a date with?"
 
"Well, yeah. But see, it wasn't really a date. I accidentally spilled coffee--"
 
"That's my girlfriend you were talking about.." Jiyong trailed off.
 
"Yeah but then again, I didn't know that and you never told me since you were busy with--"
 
"Ohmygod, I'm going to kill you!!" He yelled and leaped at Shota, who expertly blocked Jiyong.
 
"I bought her that dress!" He was apalled! His friend had a thing for his girlfriend!
 
"How the could you do that!!" Jiyong yelled again and tried his best to beat up Shota, but the two were equally matched.
 
"And how the could you cheat on your girlfriend YOU IDIOT?!" Shota yelled back and gave Jiyong a strong shove.
 
Jiyong stopped in mid-action. That was it. That was it. That's why she left. That's why she--
 
"She saw us?" He sat down on the couch closest to him.
 
"Christ, ah Jesus Christ," he kept murmuring.
 
Shota sat down beside his friend. He pitied his friend. It was obvious that he was hurting and that he was clearly distraught. Nonetheless, he saw that Jiyong did miss Summer. It pained him to see his friend like this, and he could only imagine what Summer was going through right now.
 
"I don't get how you could do that to her. Why, G?" He asked.
 
"I don't know," he answered.
 
"So, you're the mystery boyfriend." Shota said. Jiyong looked up at him. 
 
"All she could talk about was you, you know? She didn't tell me your name, but she kept talking about you; how much you loved her, how happy she was to be with you.." Shota continued.
 
"And then I saw her at the club and asked if she wanted to hang with us. She stopped a few meters away from our table but she started tearing up, GD. I wondered what could have bothered her so much so I stood where she stood, and all I saw was you and Kimiko, so I figured that--" He told Jiyong part of the story but then was cut off.
 
"I messed up big time, Sho. I don't know how to fix this." Jiyong said.
 
Jiyong didn't know what to do. He didn't know where to look for her or how to do that. He didn't even know if he should pursue her. All these things ran through his head. Shota on the other hand could see his friend's apprehensions; a lot of factors were stopping him from getting to her, the greatest being that he did her wrong. He knew that GD made a big mistake, but it was honestly a huge ing mistake and he'd find a way to get them back together, this he swore.
 
"It's fine, bro. We'll find a way to fix it." Sho told him.
 
"Okay, okay." Jiyong said and Sho patted him on the shoulder.
 
"Can I ask you a question though?" He asked Sho.
 
"Fire away, man." Shota said and leaned on the back of the couch, stretching his arms and then placing them behind his head.
 
Jiyong asked his question. "Why the are you smelling people?? Weren't you taught any manners?? You creep!" 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
a/n
I'm stuck in traffic right now. Me and my friends are lost. I'm hungry. Save me. Oh, and thank you for you subscriptions and comments!  *also, I can't properly edit so if this chapter isn't gray, it's a flashback okay. :)) thank youu*