Meeting Up

Toy Cars

 

         Walking into Daehyun’s room, Youngjae stood by his bed and shook him a little.

 

        “Daehyun, get up. We need to get going.”

 

        The lump of blankets stayed stationary. The only sign that life existed under them was a few strands of hair that poked out from the top of the covers.

       

        “DAEHYUN, UP!”  He shook him a little harder than before.

 

        This time he earned a groan that emitted from under the multiple layers of blankets, but there still wasn’t any movement. Youngjae would have to use other means of getting his friend out of bed.

 

        Leaning in closely to the mass of covers, Youngjae whispered, “If you get up, I’ll fix you breakfast.”

 

        Almost immediately, Daehyun sat up, the covers falling from his face and pooling on the bed. His eyes were still heavy with sleep when he turned to face Youngjae.

 

        “What kind of food?” His voice was groggy and eyes barely open.

 

        “I knew that would get you awake. What do you want? I’ll go cook it for you while you get ready.

 

-0-

 

        After feeding Daehyun, they started their day. The two were on their way to Yongguk and Himchan’s club. The two owned a small bar in the middle of the party district in Busan. When Daehyun had told Youngjae the name of the place, he couldn’t help but to laugh.“The Underground" was possibly the most cliché name for a bar that also hosted underground rappers and performers.

 

        The streets were basically empty during the day; the party district only came alive after 11 at night. Now it was like a ghost town. Remnants from last night littered the streets: broken bottles, wadded up paper, and lost accessories could be seen up and down the sidewalk. The buildings were dark and looked as if they were vacant. Their neon signs and strobe lights were all off and rust visibly clung to the brackets that tied them to the buildings. The things that no one could see at night became apparent during the daytime.

 

        The Underground was no different from the other buildings that surrounded it.  The brick exterior had been painted black with the only sign of color being red spray paint that someone had used to make a single stripe across the front. The three windows were covered by large pieces of plywood and painted to match the exterior of the building, probably to keep the light from entering.

 

        Youngjae and Daehyun walked up to the doors. The only marking or information posted was a plastic sign that said, “Closed.” The letters had been faded from red to a light pink from the sunlight, but were still visible. Daehyun tried pulling the door open, but found it to be locked and resorted to banging on the wooden exterior.

 

        “Yah! Yongguk! I know you are in there! You better open up!” Daehyun yelled as he pounded.

 

        “Hold on! I’m coming! Stop pounding, you’ll put a hole in the door!” Yongguk growled from the opposite side.

 

        After a few clicks of multiple locks, the door finally opened to reveal a man dressed in black jeans and tank top. His scowl faded into a broad smile when he saw Daehyun standing in front of him.

 

        “Daehyun! Glad to see you back in Busan!” Yongguk said as he embraced his friend.

 

        “I’m glad to see you too Yongguk-hyung.” Daehyun hugged Yongguk back. Releasing himself from the embrace, he gestured towards Youngjae. “ This is Youngjae.”

 

        “Ah, the infamous Youngjae. I’ve heard a lot about you! You’re the only thing that Daehyun ever talks to me about over the phone.” Yongguk folded his arms and scanned Youngjae from head to toe as if he was analyzing him.

 

        “Really?” Youngjae shot a questioning glance over at Daehyun whose eyes had doubled in size. “What does he say?”

 

        Before Yongguk could open his mouth to speak, Daehyun interrupted him, “Hey, is Himchan inside? Lets go say hi to him!”

 

        “Hey Himchan! Come out here, we have guests!” Yongguk led the way into the club. The room was smaller than Youngjae had imagined. The bar was immediately to the right on the back wall with four stools that stood in front of it. The rest of the space was filled by ten tables, set up in a half circle, the shape reflecting that of the small stage that sat at the front of the room. Off to the right side of the room stood three doors, Yongguk sauntered over to the one near the bar and opened it up to reveal Himchan, still rifling through papers.

 

        “Don’t interrupt me, I’m still trying to go through all the financial papers that you made a mess of!” His reading glasses were halfway down his nose as he muttered to himself the words that he was reading.

 

        “You can do that later, Daehyun is here, and with his friend Youngjae.”

 

        Looking up from his desk, Himchan took off his glasses and set them on top of the stack of papers. “Daehyun! It’s good to see you again!” He got up from his seat and went over to give Daehyun a hug.

 

        “Youngjae, this is my friend and business partner, Himchan.” Yongguk said motioning his hand towards Himchan.

 

        “I think you mean boyfriend and business partner,” Himchan corrected him slapping Yongguk’s chest with the back of his hand.

 

        “Ah hyung you finally confessed to Himchan! That took you long enough!” Daehyun clapped his hands, applauding Yongguk.

 

        “Him confess to me? Hah! I’m the one that confessed. If I would have waited for him to confess, I would have wasted my whole life waiting.” Himchan folded his arms across his chest and glared at his boyfriend.

 

        “Aish, here he goes again,” groaned Yongguk.

 

        “What? It’s true! You are a big baby that would have never worked up the courage to say anything.”

 

        “How did you confess Himchan-hyung?” Daehyun was hoping the question would focus him on something other than verbally abusing Yongguk.

 

        “Well, we were out to eat and I could tell he had something on his mind. I knew that he liked me and I liked him. Being Yongguk I knew he wanted to confess first, but I was getting tired of waiting. He would start saying something, but then tell me ‘nevermind’ or ‘forget it.’ I knew each time that he was just chickening out. So, after dinner we were walking home and he did it again. So he said ‘nevermind’ and I said, ‘I love you.’” Himchan shrugged. Looking over at Yongguk who was staring at his feet, Himchan smiled and continued his story. “You should have seen his eyes when I said that! I swear they were bigger than an anime character’s.”

 

        “Yeah, so after he confessed and I came back to reality, we kissed, and the rest is history.” Yongguk raised his head and sheepishly smiled at Himchan.

 

        “Not exactly a fairytale confession, huh?” laughed Daehyun.

 

        “No, not really, but it worked and it was definitely memorable!”

 

        “Um, I don’t mean to interrupt, but Yongguk, you said that you had some information that might help me…” interrupted Youngjae.

 

        The mood changed quickly from a fun and happy atmosphere to a serious one.

 

        “Yeah…I know some something that might help.”


Hey guys! Sorry this chapter is a day late! I was on the road yesterday. I got to go see Marina and the Diamonds. She is a british singer. She even signed my CDs! :D So yeah! I hope you like this chapter! Don't forget to comment and subscribe! Also, don't forget to follow me on tumblr here. If you don't want to subscribe or follow, then you can always check on updates about the story here.