The Alley

Toy Cars

           “What do you mean we can’t help you?” Junhong asked.

 

        Jongup stood up in protest, “Come on hyungs, you could use our help! Plus, we aren’t doing anything else!”

 

        “It’s not like my mom will know what we’ll be doing anyway. She’s always at work!” Junhong added. “Why can’t we help?”

 

        Daehyun raised his voice a little, causing Jongup and Junhong to back down. “She’ll know if we all get caught and go to jail. And, she would never forgive me for putting you guys in danger like that.”

 

        “This is my battle, not yours,” Youngjae spoke up.

 

        Junhong folded his arms across his chest. “If this is your battle, then why are you letting Daehyun hyung help?”

 

        Without making any eye contact, Youngjae set his hand on Daehyun’s knee. “I’m keeping a promise, that’s why.”

 

        Daehyun involuntarily felt his face heat up from the unexpected touch. He also noticed the quick glance that Jongup gave him, a smile strewn about his smug face.

 

        Removing his hand, Youngjae continued. “Plus, we told Yongguk and Himchan that we were coming over here to visit you. We were actually hoping that you guys could maybe cover for us while we go and check this place out.”

 

“But-“ Junhong started to object.

 

        “Okay,” Jongup interjected. “We’ll cover for you.”

 

        “Hyung!”

 

        “No Junhong, they’re right. Let’s just stay out of it.”

 

        “Thank you, Jongup. If Yongguk and Himchan call or come over, just make up some excuse, okay?” Youngjae instructed.

 

        Youngjae got up from his seat and looked down at Daehyun. “So, are you ready?”

 

        “Yup, let’s do this.”

 

-0-

 

        Youngjae was beginning to doubt Daehyun’s directional skills after about an hour of walking. “Are you sure you know where we're going?”

 

        “Yes. I used to walk this way every day to work. I was a dishwasher at this little coffee shop down the street from the Woo Financial Company. A lot of businessmen would always come in during lunch from there on their break.”

 

        The two continued down the street until they came across the large glass building. The Woo Company building loomed over them, windows black like an empty void. The first floor lobby was lit, the light escaping the rest of the buildings dark, overbearing presence. Youngjae glanced through the front windows to see a guard stationed at a security desk.

 

        “Well, we can’t go through the front if we're going to be sneaking in,” Youngjae sighed. “Is there another way in?”

 

        “Well, there's a back alley. That's where all the dumpsters are for all the businesses on this block.” Daehyun shrugged. “I’m sure there's somewhere we could sneak in back there.”

 

        Youngjae and Daehyun walked around the block until they reached the small opening to the dark alleyway. Daehyun immediately started walking down the barely lit path, but Youngjae stopped. Noticing that his companion was no longer by him, Daehyun turned around. “Are you coming or not?”

 

        “Yeah, its just that…it’s really dark.” Youngjae muttered.

 

        Daehyun cooed at his friend,  “Aw, is someone scared of the dark? Do you need me to hold your hand?”

 

        “No! I’m not a little kid!” Youngjae stomped past Daehyun, who still had his hand held out towards him.

 

        Closing the digits in towards his palm, Daehyun turned around and followed Youngjae down the alleyway.

 

        Scattered across the ground was trash and cigarette butts. The tall, dark buildings gave off an eerie feeling. They were supposed to be loud and full of busy people. The loading docks should have had trucks and people yelling at others not to drop the special equipment. In the middle of the night, however, there were no trucks, and no people; just the two of them and the mice. The young pair was almost to the back of the right building when there was a noise behind them.

 

        Youngjae stopped. “What was that?”

 

        Daehyun shrugged it off, “Probably just some alley cats or rats knocked something over. Nothing to worry about.”

 

        Youngjae nodded. Daehyun was probably right. As they continued, Youngjae couldn't help but to keep his eyes fixated on the other boy. Every once in awhile, he noticed Daehyun glancing back to see if Youngjae was still there following him. He averted his eyes from Daehyun every time so that it didn't seem like he was staring at him. He noticed the way Daehyun moved. His long strides were full of purpose and his shoulders were held back in a confident manner. It made Youngjae feel safe while he was with him.

 

        All of a sudden, there was another loud noise, followed by a muffled yelp.

 

        “Shh! Do you want them to hear us?!”

 

        “Sorry! It hurt!”

 

        Daehyun stopped in his tracks. Those two voices sounded awfully familiar…

 


So, yeah, its been over a month! I'm glad you have all stuck with me trough this! I hope you enjoy this short chapter!

 

What do you guys think of the B.A.P teaser?! Omg, I died a little.

 

So, please subscribe and leave me pretty comments!