Confessions?

Toy Cars

        Hey guys! I'm finally back with a new chapter! I'm sorry that I took so long. I really have no excuses. So, if you have forgotten what happend last, I suggest you read the last chapter before starting this one. Enjoy


 

    Daehyun stopped in his tracks. “Those voices sound awfully familiar…”

 

        They turned around to see the tops of two heads sticking out just above a trashcan. Youngjae sighed, “Come on out you guys, we know you’re there.”

 

        “No you don’t!”

 

        “Oh stop it, Junhong, we’ve been discovered.” The two of them walked out of behind the garbage. “Sorry hyung,” Junhong whispered.

 

        “Its okay,” Jongup patted his taller friend’s shoulder.

 

        “I thought we asked you two to stay home?” Daehyun questioned, his eyebrows raised.

 

        Junhong fidgeted with the hem of his shirt. “Well, we did for a little while. Then we decided that we might be more helpful if we came with you.”

 

        “Yeah, like, I could help look out and Junhong could…reach things on tall shelves or something…” Jongup added.

 

        Youngjae sighed, “Well, I guess since you guys are already here, we might as well let them stay, Daehyun.”

 

        Nodding, Daehyun motioned for the two boys to follow them. They reached the back of the building to find a perfect entry point; a loading dock door that was slightly ajar.

 

        Pushing the door open, Youngjae entered the building. “Well, aren’t we lucky.”

 

        Daehyun shrugged. “Yeah, someone must have not closed it all the way when they were leaving.”

 

        The four quietly snuck through the loading area. It was mostly empty except for some large cardboard boxes. It didn’t look extravagant like the front of the building had. The walls were gray cinder blocks and the floors were plain cement.

 

        The group reached a metal door with a small window in it. Peering through it, they could see the main elevators and entrance area.

 

        “Okay you guys, we need to find the place where they keep all of the records.” Daehyun started to push the door open a little.

 

        Quickly stopping him, Youngjae reached for the door handle, pulling it closed again. “First we need to find what floor the financial company is on. They may own the building, but they aren’t the only business here“

 

        “Okay, so how do you suppose we find that out?” Daehyun asked.

 

        Youngjae cracked the door open a little, glancing outside; there was a directory by the elevators. The boys were too far away to read it though, so someone would have to get closer. “Well, we need to go look at that directory somehow without getting caught by the guard at the front desk.”

 

        All of them still sitting there pondering what to do, Jongup slipped between Daehyun and Youngjae, and out the door.

 

        Caught off guard by what just happened, Daehyun’s eyes widened. “What do you think you’re doing?” he whispered harshly.

 

        Paying no attention to him, Jongup continued to make his way over towards the directory. The list was full of companies, but considering the Woo Company owned the building, Jongup started at the top floor. After a few seconds later he saw the listing.

 

Floor 50: Woo Financial Company

President Woo Jiho

 

        He glanced over to the guard station where the officer still seemed to be turned in the opposite direction. Quickly, Jongup make his way back to their hiding place.

 

        “What in the hell were you thinking, doing that?” Youngjae whispered angrily.

 

        “I saw the opportunity and took it. Their offices are on the 50th floor and there are some maintenance stairs just down this hallway.” Jongup pointed down the cement wall corridor. “That way we don’t have to step foot into any of the hallways or elevators because they all most likely have cameras in them.”

 

        “Wait…are we really going to climb up 50 floors?” Junhong questioned them; his face had concern written all over it.

 

        “Well, we’re going to have to. Otherwise we might be caught. It won’t be too bad, and think, with your long legs, you could take three stairs at a time!” Daehyun joked.

 

        Junhong’s face fell as the other three started walking towards the steps. Twenty floors in and they were all out of breath. Youngjae sat down to take a rest and Junhong quickly followed his lead by plopping down on a few steps below him.

 

        “You okay?” Daehyun asked, resting his hand on Youngjae’s shoulder.

 

        “Yeah, I just needed to rest a minute.” Youngjae motioned for Daehyun to sit beside him. “You might as well take a rest too while we’re here.”

 

        Daehyun complied and sat down on the cement step. The stairwell was uninteresting. The winding stairs were painted cement, the walls were cement blocks, and on each landing was a strip of fluorescent lights. As Daehyun’s eyes wandered up, they followed the metal railing that curved like a snake to the top of the building, which wasn’t even visible from where they were sitting.

 

        Junhong had laid himself on the landing at the bottom of the steps Daehyun and Youngjae were sitting on. As he lay there resting, he looked over at Daehyun. “So…hyung…”

 

        “Yeah?”

 

        “How long have you two been going out?” Junhong waved his index finger at him and Youngjae, whose eyes both widened.

 

        “We…we aren’t.” Daehyun quickly glanced over at Youngjae, who was avoiding eye contact, but whose face was as red as his own.

 

        Jongup, who was sitting on the step below them, turned around with an inquisitive look. “Really? I mean I totally thought so too. The way you too look at each other is kinda like the way that Yongguk and Himchan do when they are in one of those…moods.” He stuck his tongue out and made a face of disapproval.

 

        “We…I…” Daehyun was speechless. He didn’t have any excuses. He felt like a kid who had been caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Or rather, reaching for the cookie jar.

 

        Youngjae suddenly stood up. “We should probably get going.”

 

        The rest followed suit as Youngjae headed up the next flight of steps. Not much was heard amongst the group but the huffing and puffing as they continued their journey upwards.

 

        Once on the correct floor, they entered the office. The entrance had a secretary’s desk and a hallway that led to offices on either side.  “Okay, where would we find the records?” Jongup asked.

 

        Youngjae shrugged, “Well, I guess we’ll just have to snoop around. You and Junhong take the right hallway and Daehyun and I will take the left one.” They parted ways and went on their search. Luckily it didn’t look like the office was that large. For company that owned an entire building, the company didn’t take up a lot of space.

 

        As Youngjae was walking by each of the offices, reading every plaque, Daehyun followed behind. Instead of helping out, he was watching as Youngjae searched for the right room. He couldn’t help but to think of what the maknaes had said in the stairwell. Had he really been that obvious? If he had been, had Youngjae noticed?

 

        “Youngjae…”

 

        He looked up from the plaque that he had been reading and looked over at Daehyun. “What?”

 

        “Have you ever thought about…us?” Daehyun looked at his feet, a little too scared to see his reaction.

 

        Youngjae sighed and walked over to Daehyun who looked up at him. “I have…and I think we should wait. I think I have feelings for you, Daehyun, but I’m not sure what they are. I haven’t spent a lot of time trying to figure them out either. My mind has been focused on other things. So, maybe after this adventure is over with, we can talk.”

 

        Daehyun smiled and gave Youngjae a little nod. “Okay.” He started walking ahead to continue their search for the room when Youngjae grabbed him by his wrist.

 

        “I have a quick question for you though. Do…do you have feelings for me?”

 

        Just as Daehyun was about to open his mouth, they both heard Junhong calling their names. Pretty soon they saw the lanky maknae running down the hallway towards them.

       

        “Daehyun hyung, Youngjae hyung, we found the room!”

 


I know it's kinda short for being gone so long, but at least its something, right? Well, thank you again for reading and don't forget to comment and subscribe! Also, don't forget to follow me on tumblr here. If you don't want to subscribe or follow, then you can always check on updates about the story here.