Checkmate

From Me To You

 

“Look, you’re so beautiful Lady Yza” my housemaid complimented.

“Nana, stop kidding okay…” I retorted, Nana was a few years older than me but she’s more of a child when she’s acting.

“I’m not kidding… you’re really beautiful, it seems that you’re a different person” she said while polishing my curled hair.

“Whatever…” I just replied.

“Okay, be ready, I’ll tell the driver to prepare the car” she went out of the room.

I’m wearing an elegant skin tone long backed gown with a pair of transparent heels. My long hair was curled with light face make-up.

____________________________________

 

Loud and upbeat sounds were heard when I came down from the car. Forte, Pat and Rho squealed and walked towards me, amazement was seen in their eyes.

“OH.MY.GOSH! you really followed my advice to be beautiful tonight!” Forte excitingly said.

“What’s with the skin tone? You look very y, Kris will definitely love it---” Rho covered and giggled.

“What’s with Kris?” I curiously asked.

“Nothing…” Pat said holding her smile.

The girls pulled me to the seniors’ area.

 

As usual, my eyes scanned the place for Luhan but on my disappointment, he’s not yet there.

“Hey what’s the problem? Finding your date?” Rho asked teasingly.

 

I slapped her arm and I was shocked when someone circled his arms around Rho’s waist, it’s D.O. I stared at them asking for explanation but Forte spoke instead.

“Rho was D.O’s girlfriend…and I have mine too…” she said and pulled Suho who’s smiling.

 

My mouth parted in awe.

“Not only them had…seemed that you’re the only one who's left” Pat added while holding Tao’s hand.

 

I cleared my throat.

“Whatever I don’t need one…” I said firmly.

“Really?” Rho teased raising her brow while caressing D.O’s arms.

“For real! And stop that, GROSS!” I said and rolled my eyes.

These girls were starting to be annoying.

 

When the atmosphere turned quite as Luhan arrived, Sehun approached me and held my hand.

“Yza, are you ready for the song?” he asked.

“Yes, don’t worry…I’ll do my best!” I enthusiastically said but my mind still flashes Luhan’s face and figure.

He’s wearing an elegant black tuxedo, quite messy styled hair with those doe sparkling eyes.

 

Sehun smiled and accompanied me since the girls were busy having their lovey doveys already. While talking to Sehun, I can feel fiercely staring eyes. I glanced at Luhan and saw him smirking.  When Iya arrived he suddenly circled his arms on the latter.

He smirked at me and I rolled my eyes but deep inside my blood was really boiling. Then I felt Sehun’s hand enclosed on mine. He pulled me to the event area.

Well it was a fine night, slow music and dancing couples as usual to promenades. I was alone on my seat since Sehun and other members of the band were assembling on the stage.

The couples paused when strums of guitar was heard as they test their instruments.

Kris on drums, Chanyeol on the base guitar, Lay on the lead guitar, Sehun on the rhythm guitar, D.O as vocalist and Baekhyun on the keyboards at the same time he’s singing. Then I remembered, I’m going to sing for them.

They jammed and the crowd started to cheer for them. A curve formed on my lips as I saw everyone’s happiness. But the songs that they played seemed to dig deep into my heart and striking it so hard. As they say, “it’s not the song that makes you cry but the flashback that follows”.

“That’s why I’m so sick of love songs…” I uttered.

 

After 5 songs Baekhyun spoke.

“Ahmm… Good evening everyone, I hope you’re all having fun!” Baekhyun greeted.

“Yes, we hope that you’ll enjoy the rest of the night!” D.O added.

“Oh yeah, I wish…” I side commented.

 

Then I hear someone squealed.

“D.O, I LOVE YOU!” Rho shouted making D.O red all over and Baekhyun patted him.

“Love you too…” D.O replied sheepishly and the crowd chanted “Ayieee…”.

 

I smiled at the scene seeing how sweet my friend to her dearest boyfriend and knowing that they are happy on their love life.

“Ok enough of that, so we have invited someone to sing for us tonight, so would you join us here on stage Miss Yza?” Baekhyun signaled me.

 

I stood slowly and the crowd shut their mouths as I walked to the stage, so quiet that all I heard was the sound of my heels hitting the floor.

“Wow, she’s beautiful, is she from their class also?” I heard one student compliment and I blush a little.

 

Baekhyun handed me the microphone and went to the keyboards while D.O joined the crowd to talk to Rho perhaps which made me smile more. I took a lungful of air and spoke.

“This song is for everyone…since its valentine’s day tomorrow, I’ll leave a quote for you guys, “Love is like a game of chess, a boy should not lose her queen and the girl should protect her king”…” I said, my eyes were stuck on only one person, my partner.

 

I stared at the band members, Kris smiled at me, the others gave me encouraging looks and Sehun gave me thumbs up. I signaled Baekhyun to start and pressed the keys of the keyboard.

I held the micro phone tightly and sang what’s inside my heart.

 

“Making my way downtown, walking fast, faces passed and I’m homebound”

“Staring blankly ahead, just making my way, making my way into the crowd”

“And I need and I missed you and now I wonder…”

“If I could fall into the sky, do you think time would pass me by?”

“Cause you know I’d walk a thousand miles, if I could just see you… Tonight”

 

 I sang while staring at him only him and nothing at all. He locked our stares making me memorize his face.

 

“It’s always times like this when I think of you and I wonder if you ever think of me”

“Cause every things so wrong and I don’t belong living in your precious memories”

 “Cause I need and I missed you and now I wonder…”

“If I could fall into the sky, do you think time would pass me by?”

“Cause you know I’d walk a thousand miles, if I could just see you… Tonight”

 

He broke our eye contact and walked out of the crowd.

Where is he?

 

“And I, I don’t want to let you know, I, I drown in your memories, I, I don’t want to let this go, I, I don’t…”

“Making my way downtown, walking fast, faces passed and I’m homebound”

“Staring blankly ahead, just making my way, making my way into the crowd”

“And I still need you and I still missed you and now I wonder…”

 

My eyes were trying to find Luhan… Then someone started to sing…

Luhan? my eyes widened as he approached me holding my dear diary on his chest… I stopped singing and let him sang the part.

 

“If I could fall into the sky, do you think time would pass us by?”

“Cause you know I’d walk a thousand miles, if I could just see you…”

 

He held my hand and tightened it, he stared directly to my eyes gesturing me to sing with him.

 

“If I could fall into the sky, do you think time would pass me by?”

“Cause you know I’d walk a thousand miles, if I could just see you…”

 

Then he let me sing the last part.

 

“If I could just hold you… Tonight…”

 

We stared at each other, holding our hands tightly. When Baekhyun grabbed the microphone from me and D.O got Luhan’s.

“This is it buddy…” D.O mumbled.

 

Luhan pulled me and held my waist still holding my dearest diary and the band played a slow song, the crowd was cheering.

(D.O and Baekhyun singing Marry your Daughter by Brian Mcknight)

“Luhan?” I uttered.

“Luhan? Are you still mad at me partner?” he joked and I blush when he chuckled.

“Lulu?” I uttered again rephrasing my endearment to him.

“Hmmm?” he hummed asking.

“This is embarrassing…let’s go down the stage…” I said staring at the crowd who’s dancing sweetly.

 

Rho gave me thumbs up since her partner was singing on stage, while Forte and Pat gave me teasing stares while having their sweet dance.

“Don’t mind them, mind us…” he said pulling me tighter into his body now my head is resting on his chest. Silence followed.

“Can you hear it?” he broke the silence.

“What?” I asked giving him a questioning look.

 

He pulled my head back to his chest.

“My heart, can you hear it?” he repeated.

“Lulu, what do you mean?” I asked him, I want it to come from his mouth but he just hushed me.

“Ssshhh, you won’t hear it…” he just said and we continued the slow dance.

 

Yes I hear his heart beating but it’s unfair because he can’t hear mine.

 

After the song he pulled me down the stage and took me elsewhere away from the crowd. We sat on a bench under the night sky. I felt awkward at the moment and to ease it I stared at my toes and wiggled it. Then he moved the diary to my side.

“I enjoyed reading it…” he said lowly while staring at the sky.

 

Enjoyed my . I thought since all my secrets were inside it.

“And by the way, you’re so beautiful tonight, you look different” he said and smiled at me but I kept quiet.

“Argh! Talk to me!” he exclaimed and ruffled his hair.

“What would I say? You know everything since you’ve read it already…” I said sheepishly.

“Argghhh… Why can’t you be like other girls who know to please men?” he asked and crossed his arms.

 

Ahh…now  you’re telling me that I can’t please you, so I’m the one who should please, the hell test me… I cursed him in my thoughts.

“What do you want?” I seriously said meeting his eyes.

“I want you to spill everything to me, I want it from you and not from this writing!” he yelled.

“So where should I start?” I stayed sturdy as possible.

“What’s between you and Sehun?” he asked copying my seriousness.

“Nothing, I just want to be his friend and nothing else, about the thing on the science fair... I just want to make you jealous but you never did, so I lose I guess…” I stayed still so I won’t breakdown.

“Do you love me?” he blatantly said.

“I….I…” I can’t express my feelings in words.

“What?” he said seriously.

I took in some air and sigh.

“YOU ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWER SO WHY ING ASK ME ABOUT THE DAMN---“ I was cut by him as he captured my lips.

 

My eyes widened as a foreign object touched my lips. I pushed Luhan but he seemed to be so strong. He heaved me and held me sweetly not wanting me to go. He my bottom lip.

“Lu—“  I opened my mouth to speak and  make him stop because this thing made me feel something weird inside my stomach.

 

But he took it as a chance to devour my mouth. I bit his tongue when it met mine.

“OUCH! WHY DID YOU DO THAT?” he whined hanging his tongue.

 

I slapped his left cheek, slapped his right cheek and flicked his forehead.

“OUCH! YZA!?” he warned while rubbing his forehead and cheeks but I slapped him once more but it’s lighter now.

“WHAT THE? WHY ?!” He asked.

“How dare you?!” I yelled and slapped him again.

I’m about to hit him when he held my wrist and pulled me closer to him.

“I LOVE YOU…” he whispered huskily on my ear. His warm breath sent shivers on my spine and his manly scent it’s alluring.

 

My heart was racing every minute, it sounds THUMP, THUMP, THUMP X100.

He loves me?don’t know how to react on what he said. But for instance my body seemed to move on its own.

 

I found myself caressing his cheek, staring at him intently and narrowing the space between us, I guess this is my hidden desire. I saw him smirk when I did that making me move away from him.

“Why did you stop? Go on… I like it…” he teased.

I raised a brow.

I’ve heard that before… I thought.

When was that?... I thought so hard that I forgot about him.

“Ahhhh….. Science Fare!”  I exclaimed.

He dropped his shoulders.

“So you really thought about it?” he made a face.

 

Then I blushed when flashbacks of happenings  popped out. Luhan just gave me a confused look and moved his face closer. I flicked his forehead.

“Move away!” I said.

“Aww! You don’t have to do that!” he complained.

“Aish…” I mouthed.

“Wait… You’re unfair!” he said.

“Huh?” I just replied.

“I’ve said my feelings and still no replies, this is unfair!” he whined again.

“Huh? When?” I tilted my head.

(FACEPALM)

“Aish…” he murmured then he suddenly turned serious.

“I LOVE YOU…” he said sincerely and I can sense it but there’s something that halted me from releasing this feeling.

Am I afraid? No! Should I say it or not?

 

“I don’t know Lulu…” I replied hanging my head.

“I’ll help you decide on that…no complains alright?” he seductively said and pinned my chin.

He stared at my lips, slowly moving his face towards me. A lump was forming in my throat making my mouth dry.

Alright… I should give in perhaps.

 

When his lips touch mine, it seemed that my feelings burst out and I’m giving it to him and his wholeheartedly accepting it. He moved his lips and caressed my cheeks. He my lower lip coaxing me to open it for him, exploring mine.

I circled my arms around his neck as he deepened the kiss and our tongues danced.

I know now, I really love this guy since the day we first met, my partner.

 

We’re running out of breaths when we parted from the kiss.

“So… What now?” he asked.

“What?” I also asked.

He just smiled at me, making my heart melt.

“Ah…Ah…Ah… 1.4.3” I said and stood up and started to walk back to the event area.

“Huh?” he asked.

“I.LOVE.YOU!” I yelled and ran to back to the crowd.

_______________________________

 

 “Where did you two go, huh?” the girls asked me.

“Ah---"

“Did Luhan confessed to you already?” they cut my words and bombarded me with questions.

“Nothing! End of story!” I exclaimed and sat on a seat nearby.

 

They followed and examined me. I gave them a questioning look.

“Oh my Yza, you need to retouch, you don’t have enough lipstick left…” Rho noticed.

“Does that mean…” Pat added.

“You two kissed!” Forte squealed.

“Wait…” I got a lipstick from my pouch and put on.

“Ok, happy…” I said.

Sometimes I hate logical persons.

The girls left me when they can’t squeeze anything from me.

Sehun suddenly approached me while I’m reminiscing what happened earlier.

“Hey Yza~~~ Can I have a dance with you?” he chanted.

“Sure Sehunnie!” I accepted his hand.

 

Sehun and I danced as the slow music was played.

“Yza? Are you and Luhan alright now?” he asked childishly.

“Yes definitely?” I replied.

“Good for you…” he said and kissed my hand.

 

 After a dance with Sehun I had Kris.

Kris confessed that he likes me but he said that me and Luhan will make a good couple.

“But when he ever hurts you, I’ll be here okay…” he said sweetly.

“Thanks Kris…” I hugged him.

 

But Luhan separated us.

“Oopss.. You’re both getting too far” he warned.

“Don’t worry pal… I will not take her away from you…” Kris stated.

“GOOD” Luhan smiled.

__________________________________

 

The rest of the night was so epic, if Sehun and Kris will talk to me Luhan will be listening or watching and like a total guard.

Luhan insisted to drive me home and the whole drive was quiet but I stole a few glances of him. Partner was really a man that was dreamt by every lady and I’m lucky I have him as my best friend and partner.

After a few minutes we arrived.

“See you tomorrow Lulu!” I waved and about to open the door but he locked it.

“Lulu?...” I eyed him and he just smiled.

“Wait… you forget something…” he handed my diary to me.

“Oh… thank you…” I get it and about to open the door but it was still locked.

“Lulu?” I eyed him again.

“You forgot my goodbye kiss…” he said pouting his lips with his eyes close.

I smiled at his silly act.

 

I pinned his chin and kiss his cheek instead. He opened his eyes and pouted crossing his arms like a child.

“I said kiss!” he groaned.

“That’s a kiss! So let me out now!” I rolled my eyes.

“No...I won’t let you out until you kiss me on the lips” he persisted.

“Aish Lulu! So childish and demanding” I said but still he didn’t move.

“Hmmm!” he pouted even more.

“Okay fine come here and bring it on!”  I challenged him.

 

He grinned and puckered his lips.

But instead of kissing him I blocked his face with my hand and pinned it on the headrest. He's slapping my arm but he can’t remove it so I unlocked the door and hurriedly got out from his car. He slid down the window and glared at me and I grinned at him.

“Good night Lulu! See you tomorrow! Muah…” I waved at him and ran inside the gates.

______________________________________

 

Before I slept I decided to write on my dearest diary, but on my surprise I saw doodles of Luhan replying on every entry inside the diary.  Every comment made me smile and made my heart pound like when he's around. But now even without his presence it still does.

“I Love you partner…” I uttered before my eyes closed.

_____________________________________

 

“Good Morning---Happy Valentine’s Day---” Nana chanted while opening the blinds.

“Get up and get ready for school” she said and threw the towel on me.

“Good Morning--- Happy Valentine’s Day---” I mimicked and went to the bathroom.

 

It was a fine day, the weather and temperature was just right and I got a feeling that something good will happen today.

As I entered the gates Kris intentionally bumped at me.

“Good Morning---Happy Valentine’s Day---Sorry…” he said while opening his bag.

He held a box of chocolates and a teddy bear to me with a note.

“Good Morning, Happy Valentine’s Day!” I greeted.

“See you in class!” he waved. I read the note.

After reading this find Sehun…

 

I found Sehun inside the butterfly garden. I guess he’s examining the flowers, well that’s his habit every morning.

“Good Morning--- Happy Valentine’s Day--- what can I do for you?” he greeted.

“Good Morning, Happy Valentine’s Day!” I greeted back and handed him the note. 

He just nodded.

 

“Wait for me here…” he said and went to one corner of the garden.

 

When he went back, he’s holding a bouquet of pink roses and it had a note again.

“Thank you!” I said and hugged him. He hugged me back but pointed out the note.

Now find your partner…if you know who he is...

I stared at him, he smiled at me and glanced at the room.

“Thanks…” I mouthed.

 

The room was closed so I opened it and there he was, the man I loved.

“It’s quite an effort for this stuffs and letting our classmates out” I joked but he did not respond  or gave me any reaction at all instead he just stared outside the open window.

Is this one of your pranks Luhan, well I’m not buying it.

 thought and walked towards him. He’s typically not moving.

“Hey Lulu!” I yelled while shaking his shoulders.

 

But when he turned to face me, his eyes were sparkling. I paused and as my body froze seeing those beautiful eyes, he smiled and gave me smack kiss on my lips.

"Happy Valentine’s Day!” he exclaimed. 

“Luhan!” I turned scarlet and breathless for seconds but he’s just laughing at me.

You jerk! I thought and approached him.

I gave back the chocolates, teddy bear and roses. I briskly walk to go out from the classroom but the three girls blocked my way.

 

“No one from this room will go out!” Rho seriously said.

“No one is anyone from inside” Pat reminded.

“Go back, he’s not finish yet” Forte hardly said.

 

I glared on the smirking Luhan. So I went back, crossed my arms and drummed my fingers. I can hear soft squeals from the girls outside.

Luhan gave the valentine stuffs again and I accepted it and placed it on the desk. Then I crossed my arms impatiently again. He smiled and dug up a box from his pocket. He opened it, I was surprised, is he confessing or proposing something? Then I heard footsteps, I turned to face them.

Ok, so what now? These guys were seriously grinning at me. Then they showed me some kind of boards with letters.

WILL

YOU

BE

MY

GIRLFRIEND…

I stared at Luhan, he’s smiling, and then I heard something.

 

 “It’s a beautiful night, I’m looking for something dumb to do~~~” Forte sang.

“Oh baby, I think I wanna marry you~~~” Pat continued.

“Just say I do~~~” Rho chanted.

“JUST SAY I DO~~~” they coed.

 

I stared at Luhan again. I felt tears forming into my eye.

At last you noticed me, the “me” who’s been with you. That time I thought of a thing that will implicitly state my feelings and acceptance of his confession. 

 

“Can you see me, cause I'm right here,”

“Can you listen, cause I've been trying to make you notice,”

“But it relieves me to feel like somebody, we’ve been on a way to nowhere,”

“Trying so hard to get there and I said oh,”

“We gonna let it show, we gonna just let go of everything,”

“Holding back our dreams and try to make it come alive,”

“Come on let it shine so they can see we were meant to be somebody,”

“Somebody else, somehow, someday, some way…”

 

I sang it then…

“Just like a game of chess, in love I should not lose my queen” Luhan came near me.

“And I should protect my king” I continued.

 

He held my wrist and got the bracelet from the box.

“That’s the bracelet you bought when we have this shopping thing 4 months ago” I shockingly said.

“This bracelet will always fit you, I Love you Partner…” he said with so much love in his eyes.

“I LOVE YOU TOO…” I kissed him ignoring everyone.

“The best tandem is back and even better” I heard Forte.

 

________________________________________

one more and finish! ^^