16

When desires comes in between(discontinued)

-No One POV-

It was the last day before they left Jeju Island. They've basically all done different things. Some went out to the beach again while others stayed at the house.

-Avery POV-

It was a little past 5 o'clock. The ones who went out were back. I was up in my room, looking through the photos I took yesterday. Everyone else were outside in the back, preparing for tonight's barbecue.

I leaned my head and looked at the ceiling. My mind was still thinking about what Lay had told me. Dawn. I really wanted to meet this girl. To have such an impact on Kris, she must be something. Kris....What have you done to me?

I put my camera down on the bed carefully before getting off the bed. I slid the door open and stepped out. I inhaled deeply the fresh air. I stretched my arms out before leaning forward on the railing. I looked forward out at the endless mass of water. The sun was starting to go down. The sky was turning a darker shade blue but strips of light blue appeared here and there. I watched as a seagull flew above my head. How I wished I could fly alongside it. I can't believe that we were already going to leave tomorrow.

I wanted to stay here forever.

Live alongside the water and animals.

Away from all the conflicts and emotions I have.

Even though I love Jiyeon and Amber with all my heart, I'm too uneasy with everything to be able to stay with them like before. Staying here seems way more inviting than anything else.

I let out a sigh as I continued to stared out. Deep down, I knew why I felt like this. I knew why Kris made me feel like how I did. I knew it all too well. But I don't want to admit to it. Maybe it's because I can't see him seeing me in the same way. I mean we pretty much can be enemies especially after the keychain incident. Plus Jiyeon likes him. She seems so happy around him. All I want is for her to happy. Even if it means to sacrifice something of my own, it's fine. Jiyeon and Amber are all really had before so I cherish them greatly.

-knock knock-

I turned around and glanced in my room to see who it was. It was Lay. I smiled at him and he smiled back. I turned my attention back to the view in front of me. I heard him closer and soon he was next to me, leaning towards the railing too. We stayed like that, enjoying the slight breeze that blew around us.

"Don't wanna leave?" He asked without looking at me.

I pouted and nodded.

"hmm maybe I'll take you back here next vacation. My house is on the other side." I looked at him with big eyes.

"REALLY?!"

He nodded. I instantly smiled and jumped up and down. He chuckled at my childish behaviour. I laughed along with him. I'm happy that we sorted things out. He's a pretty cool guy.

Suddenly my stomach growled. I instantly blushed red as he smiled teasingly at me.

"Someone's hungry." He said while poking my side. I jumped a little and stuck my tongue at him.

"Haha well then let's go down. They're probably have already cooked some food."

He pushed me out of the room and almost made me fall down the stairs. I glared at him as he laughed at me.

"FINALLY!" Amber shouted as she threw a football at me. Of course, it ended up hitting me on the shoulder. I cried out in pain and rubbed the area as I glared at her. She tried not to laugh as she made an innocent face. Lay laughed out loud. I glared at him as he picked the football and threw it back to Amber. They ended up playing together.

Then I noticed Suho sitting with Chen and Luhan on a picnic blanket. I walked over to them and sat beside Suho.

"ahh I was wondering if I needed to go up and get you." He said as smiled at me. I smiled back and nodded to Luhan. They went back to their conversation as I looked around the backyard. That's when I noticed Kris busy cooking at the grill with Xiumin. Jiyeon was beside him, helping him. I watched as she kept talking and talking as he just nodded his head. I wondered why he just nodded. Then my mind goes back to the incident and my cheeks burn slightly.

"Hey Avery are you ok? You're turning red." Luhan asked as they looked at me with concern. Immediately I nodded before cupping my face.

"YAH CAN WE EAT YET!!!" Luhan shouted before getting hit with a hot dog.

"GOSH! EAT THAT AND BE PATIENT! We're almost done." Xiumin scolded back. We all burst in laughter as Luhan pouted and played with the hot dog.

We waited for about 20 minutes before they were finally done cooking everything. We gathered on a picnic blanket the size of 6 queen size beds put together. I helped bring the food over before seating in between Suho and Lay. We all started digging in, praising the cooks how delicious the food was. Lay busily put food on my plate.

"Yah. You need to eat more!" I said as I started putting some of the food on his plate.

He shook his head and blocked his plate from me. "I'm full." I looked at with shock. All he ate was a cooked potato and a grilled shrimp and he was full? Before I could question him further, he put a piece of meat against my mouth, urging me to open and eat it. Shyly, I opened my mouth and ate. He wanted to continue feeding me but I stopped him.

"It's ok. I can feed myself." I said covering my mouth.

"I used to always feed Dawn" He said softly with a glint of sadness in his eyes. I felt bad. He missed her. I reminded him of her.

I let out a sigh before lifting the chopsticks holding the food up and eating it. He instantly smiled and continued feeding me. Seeing him smile made me smile too.

-53 minutes later-

We all had finished eating and cleaned up. Once we were finished, we all gathered around the fancy fireplace area.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTeddLfdZv543wRD-JcloR (a/n there are no brown things. the middle thing only has the firewood stuff)

Kai and Kyungsoo got the fire going before settling down along with us. At first, we just stared at the lively fire building in between us. It was the first time I've ever sat down around a campfire so I was mesmerized by the growing flame.

"I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE YET!!" Amber suddenly exclaimed.

"I DON'T WANT TO GO BACK TO PRACTICE!!" Chen exclaimed as he pretended to cry on Sehun's shoulder who smacked him away. I laughed at them.

"Wait. Kai where are the marshmallows!? We can't have a fire going and no marshmallows!" Chanyeol shouted and we all nodded. Kai and Lay went in to find them. They came back after 5 minutes of looking. Lay passed out the roasting sticks to everyone as Kai brought out 2 huge bowls of marshmallows. Baekhyun and Chanyeol instantly squealed in excitment when they saw the huge bowls.

"Here you go." Lay said as he handed me one of the sticks. I smiled and thanked him as he sat down next to me. Happily we all roasted marshmallows and ate them. Occasionally, I would see Kris looking at me but I ignored it. It's my last night here. Let's enjoy it to the fullest.

We were basically finished with the marshmallows. Chanyeol and Baekhyun basically devoured most of it. I ate a few and Lay kept making more for me to eat. Dawn must have never gone hungry in her life since Lay seems to enjoy stuffing people full. Everyone was talking separately together. I trying to explain to Suho why I didn't want to join the swim team but he wouldn't listen.

-COUGH COUGH-

Everyone shut up and looked to the owner of the loud cough. It was Jiyeon who just smiled innocently at us.

"hehe so I had a lot of fun with you guys. Since we are all friends, I wanted to tell you guys all together."

Everyone looked at her questioningly. I already had a feeling on what she was gonna tell us. I could feel my heart beating faster. I didn't want to hear it.

She stood up and Kris slowly followed too.

She took his hand into hers.

She raised it up for us to see.

With a bright smile, "We're dating now"

Everyone cheered. One by one, everyone got up to congratulate them.

Yet I just sat there.

Staring at Kris  with tear threatening eyes.

As Kris stared back at me.

Then I smiled.

This is for the best......

--------------------

I'M SOWWIEEE!! The ending seemed so weird I'M SOWWIE! Also sowwie for such a late update!

ignore mistakes please!

Comment and subscribe PLEASE :D