Chapter 7

Save Me From The Dark [Hiatus, I'm sorry...I want to make sure everything is carefully planned before uploading chapters]

We both shifted our eyes to each other and then back at the three-headed creature in front of us, completely aware of our presence; we had just entered it's territory.

This creature was in fact, a Chimera. Known to be a fire breathing monster, composed of three animals: a lion, a goat and a snake. I stared at it for a few minutes in silence, all six eyes staring back at me. With the head of a goat on the lion's back and a snake as the lion's tail, it was difficult for my mind to register that this was reality. Then again, the darkside is nothing like back home.

Suho whispered through his teeth, "I thought this thing was only a myth!?"

"Welp," I replied, my voice also a whisper. "Think again...Now how are we supposed to get past it?"

"I have no clue. We have no weapons...no powers." We both stood in silence after that, trying to stay as still as possible. The Chimera breathed slowly with smoke escaping its nostrils. If we made any sudden movements, we would be dead for sure.

We had to find some sort of solution...preferably before she got hungry. I knew it was a girl because, well, all Chimera's are if the legends are right. That's when it hit me.

"Suho...sing something." He looked at me with a confused expression painted across his face. "Girls love guys who can sing."

"Uh..."

I nudged his arm, "trust me."

When we were home he would sometimes sing while working or just for fun in general. Sometimes if he thought he was alone I would stay nearby to listen. It seemed to calm me whenever I was stressed about something.

This was a risky decision, but we had to try something. If we couldn't kill it -not that I would want to kill such a unique creature if I had the choice- at least he could try distracting it while I went to find the next guardian. Since the Chimera seemed to be guarding the entrance, they must be nearby.

Suho hesitated before singing a soft melody. His voice was so calming that I almost forgot that we were in a life or death situation. To my surprise, it looked as though the Chimera was also at peace while listening to the gentle song. All six eyes slowly started to close and within a few minutes she was lying on the floor. Only then was I able to spot the cage behind her in which there was someone tied to a chair.

His head hung low and I could tell he was a guardian. I had to find a way to get him out of the cage without waking the creature that only just fell into a slumber.

I gave Suho a thumbs up as a way of telling him to keep singing. He understood and nodded. I tiptoed my way over to the cage to try and find a way to open it. However, knowing Joonho, this wouldn't be the easiest of tasks. When I found where the gate of the cage was I figured I was right. It was locked...and I had no idea where the key was.

I muttered to myself, "in a room with nothing but a caged guardian and a sleeping Chimera, how am I supposed to find this key?" It should have been easy. The less there is in a place, the easier it is to spot things, right? Except in this case. I wandered around the room to look for the key, avoiding the Chimera so it wouldn't be disturbed, but there was no sign of it anywhere. Suho looked around the room too from where he was standing. After a few minutes he shook his head in defeat, but in the middle of doing so, he stopped suddenly. He waved me over so I went to him and stood by his side. I slowly turned my head to where he was staring. We could stop searching. We found the key.

It was around the goats horn.

"Isn't this just fantastic?" My voice dripped with sarcasm. It didn't seem too hard to take the key, since the Chimera was asleep. My fear though was that I might wake her up. I had no idea how easy it could be to disturb her. All I knew was that she was powerful, and if she caught me near her I would have no chance against her. Now that she was asleep, this was my only chance.

I slowly made my way to the Chimera, planning in my head the best way to take the key from her. When I thought of the simplest way, I got close to the goat head and slid the key off it's left horn ever so gently. I was surprised how easy it was to take it. She didn't stir one bit. I thought to myself, 'that was easy...'

After retrieving the key I then walked over to the cage again and pushed the key into the lock. I slowly twisted it and attempted to open the cage quietly.

Just one problem.

 

The key didn't work.

 

[A/N:OMG I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT POSTING IN SO LONG! I GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO HATE ME. school and other things got in the way...And then when I had the time...I GOT WRITERS BLOCK >< so I marked the story as haitus but I'm hoping to get back into this so I shall take it off for now...but I can't guarantee fast updates. This chapter took me 3 days to write because I wanted to try and keep it interesting, but I have been planning this chapter out for much longer than that. I just needed some opinions to make sure I wasn't boring you all with this. I'll do my best! Sorry!]