Chapter 4

Save Me From The Dark [Hiatus, I'm sorry...I want to make sure everything is carefully planned before uploading chapters]

~SooJin POV~

I felt the most peaceful I ever had at that moment. I felt the surface beneath me was no longer liquid. I felt safer now that I was out of the sea.

'Am I dead?'

As I came back to my senses from my unconscious state, I could hear the waves crashing against the rock again.

'Nope. Still in a living hell.'

However, even though I was still in this hell hole, something seemed different. Once my eyes had adjusted to the light, I observed my surroundings. I was in a small cave that had a smoother stone floor surface and was probably underneath the part of the cliff that I was intending to climb up before I knocked myself out. I guessed this because the only thing visible outside the cave was water and the rocky stairs I came across while swimming. I guess I so happened to be lucky enough to get washed up here.

I was about to stand up to continue my journey until I heard shouting from above me.

"What do you think you are doing? You little brat! Orders from JoonHo say you can't go and find the girl, she has to find you!" I heard a voice say.

"Do you honestly think I'm going to obey his orders?! She would have been dead if I hadn't saved her." It was then that I realised that I had a jacket covering me, giving me more heat.

"Oh well done, Sherlock. Hang on...you were blocked inside the cave by boulders!"

"Well, I guess all that time at the gym paid off, didn't it?"

"Enough! Your little heroic action has it's own price for breaking the rules. Let's see who's laughing now, eh?" I couldn't hear anything else after that except the waves thrashing against the surrounding boulders near the entrance of the cave.

A few seconds later I seen what appeared to be a body falling from the top of the cliff above me, landing in the water with a big splash. It was then that it dawned on me.

'I have to save them! It could be one of the guardians!'

I shot up and threw the newly found jacket aside. I ran out of the cave and dived into the cold waters below. I swam towards the newly forming bubbles in the sea and tried to search for the body in that area. It was difficult to see amd with the waves shifting us both about, it didn't make the situation any easier. I could feel something brushing against my feet so I went deeper into the water to retrieve the drowning body.

When I got a grip of the mans arms, I wrapped them around my neck and hauled his body onto my back to prevent him from putting his face in the water again. It was hard to keep my own head above the water because of the weight pushing down on me, as well as trying to swim over to the cave again. I knew that the way I was holding him wasn't the best way, I should have pulled him along using one of my hands to pull him by the chin (well at least thats what I thought it looked like when I was watching the lifeguards being trained at home) but I panicked.

'What's the point in learning how to save a life if you just panic under pressure? Way to go, SooJin.'

After what felt like forever, I had finally arrived back at the cave. I quickly used all my strength to pull the man further into the cave as he coughed and spluttered before becoming scarily still. I knew my job to save this man's life wasn't over yet. I never bothered to check who it was I was saving. There was not a lot of time left and it wasn't necessary at that moment. This was one of the parts of the first aid course that I never forgot.

I turned the man's head over to the side to allow any water to drain from his mouth and nose then brought his head back to the centre. I immediately began mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, holding  his nose while strongly breathing four times into his mouth. I checked for any signs of breath.

Nothing.

I continued this cycle and after another twelve breaths, we finally had a breakthrough.

The man began to cough a few more times but at least he started to breathe again. He was shivering from the cold so I picked up the jacket from the ground and covered his torso with it. I caressed his cheek while pushing some of his hair away from his face. I held onto his hand in both of mine and gave it a gentle rub, hoping it would heat him up, even though I wasn't warm myself. I looked down at the unconscious man in front of me.

Yes, he was one of the guardians. Probably whenever I wasn't with them he could be called the 'guardian' of the guardians.

"It's alright, SuHo. They can't hurt us in this place now that I've finally found you."