Chapter 2

Save Me From The Dark [Hiatus, I'm sorry...I want to make sure everything is carefully planned before uploading chapters]

~SooJin POV~

 

I was standing in front of JoonHo's lair. I couldn't see the top of the highest tower because of it's enormous height. This place was the complete opposite of home. The sound of birds chirping was replaced by thunder and the sinister look of the whole place wasn't something I was used to. It had many arched windows and entrances and I could see every detail of the lightning bolts covering the sky like an electric blanket. It reminded me of Chen. Even though the scene before me was very dark and I could feel its evil aura, I couldn't help but take a moment to stare in awe at the mysterious beauty in front of me.

I tilted my head back and looked at the sky once more, bringing me back to reality and reminding me of why I was there. I gulped hard, trying to get rid of the forming lump in my throat. I took the silver ring off of my finger and slid it into the front right pocket of my shorts, and slowly but cautiously walked towards an arched entrance where I could see golden and flickering rays of light shining through the gaps. When I took a step into the building, I froze as I heard a booming voice surrounding me.

"Ah, SooJin. I've been expecting you," the booming voice said. I could hear the smirk he was wearing on his face, though I couldn't see him.

'Surely you can think of something original to say.' I thought to myself. "Give me back my friends!" I shouted on impulse. 

"A-a-ah~ Do you really think I'm just going to hand them over to you? I thought you were smarter than that." JoonHo replied, then continued.

"I knew you would come for them. I could easily kill you now but that wouldn't be any fun, would it?"

"Cut out the small talk and get to the chase. Where are they?" I could feel a snarl forming at the back of my throat.

"Oh, this is the best part of our little game! My minions shall lead you to a hall with twelve doors. Behind each door, there is one of the guardians. You simply go into the rooms and find them...if you manage to live for that long." He said the last part quietly but I could still hear him.

"Well that sounds easy. Now what's the catch?" I knew this wouldn't be an easy task and I was fed up of JoonHo beating around the bush. JoonHo gave a menacing chuckle.

"This is our first time talking and you already know me so well!" I rolled my eyes.

"I will let you enter on one condition. Give me your invisibility."

I was silent for a moment. Giving the only power I had left meant I would become completely mortal. It would weaken me and give me less chance of surviving whatever I had to face. I knew I was only being told half of the story.

 

"But that will just give you more strength. I came here to do the opposite."

"You catch on fast. You have two options, give me your powers with a very small chance of saving your precious pretty boys, or giving up now and have the once in a lifetime chance of watching them all die before being killed yourself."

I didn't have to think twice about this. The more time I spent here, the more pain that the guardians could be going through.

"Fine, but how do I--"

I screamed as I felt a sharp pain in my right arm. I turned to face a hooded man holding a needle into my arm, drawing blood out of it. He seemed to appear from nowhere. I only realised where he came from when I seen another man walk out from what seemed to be a hidden door as he grabbed my left arm so I couldn't escape.

"Good girl. If you're incredibly lucky then you might get all your powers back after finding the guardians...IF you find them. Now, minions! Take her away. You know where to go."

His 'minions' were abnormally tall. Probably taller than him. "You are one crazy psychopath, JoonHo!" I spat out the words. "Says the young girl who is practically heading towards her death."

"I'll prove you wrong! Just watch me!"

"Of course I'll watch, sweetie. This is going to be the best entertainment I've had in weeks." JoonHo laughed and I could hear is voice fade.

 

I blew away my long brown hair out of my eyes as the minions carried me up the stone staircase in front of me. I winced at the contact with my right arm. It still stung. The tight grip of the 'minions' (which probably suit 'henchmen' more so I'll call them that instead) was so strong that my body became limp under their grasp. The circulation in my arms were cut off and the amount of blood taken earlier was enough to make me extremely dizzy. Not to mention the drops of blood dripping down my arm as they didn't bother to clean it. My eyelids became heavy and closed as I allowed the henchmen to carry me.

Either way I would still have to play this sick 'little game'.