Chapter 6

Save Me From The Dark [Hiatus, I'm sorry...I want to make sure everything is carefully planned before uploading chapters]

I can't say that I remember what happened in the whirlpool, my eyes were closed and everything was silent. The only thing I remember was how tight I was holding onto SuHo as we fell into the unknown.

We landed on a hard surface with an echoing thud. We were right. The whirlpool was the hidden entrance. I opened my eyes to find myself in another cave, but it was nothing like the cave in the first room. This cave was huge with a large pit of lava next to where I was. There was some stepping stones to get across the lava and along to a wall that we would have to climb over in order to get anywhere.

I stood up and dusted myself off, then gave SuHo my right hand to pull himself up from the ground. I landed on him by accident during the journey. SuHo rubbed his back while inhaling through his teeth. "Sorry, SuHo..." I mumbled as I looked down at my feet in embarrassment.

"Don't worry about it, I've been through worse when the guys decided to have a pile-on," he chuckled. "Speaking of the guys, we shouldn't waste any more time standing here. Let's go." SuHo made the first move as he jumped onto a large stepping stone to the left. I followed him and we made some progress across while dodging the bubbling lava that would occasionally shoot into the air. As some stones weren't big enough for the both of us, we eventually had to go separate ways.

It came to a point where the gap between the nearest stone was too far for me to reach. I looked over at SuHo who was at the opposite side of the cave. I went back a few steps to the stones I already stood on, trying to find another route. I jumped onto a rather large stone that shook when I landed. It began sinking into the lava, the outer edges slowly being covered. I had to move fast. I tried searching for a route but the longer I took, the further I would have to jump to reach another stone.

"SuHo! It's sinking!" I shouted in his direction then continued frantically searching for the best option.

"Jump onto the one to your right! I'm coming to get you," SuHo turned around and made his way to where I was. I leaped onto the said stone and made my way across more stepping stones towards SuHo. I flinched as a piece of jagged rock fell from the roof of the cave and into the lava behind me, causing a splash which resulted in some lava landing next to my feet.

"Don't come back for me, SuHo. I'll meet you at the wall. I think the roof is caving in."

"Follow my steps then."

I did as I was told. More and more rocks started falling and I quickened my pace, occasionally tripping over a few that landed on the ground in front of me. SuHo was at the wall, signalling me to run faster. I leaped onto the platform where SuHo was, tumbling to the ground. SuHo pulled me up. "We have to hurry. Grip onto whatever you can and I'll give you a boost, I'll follow you."

I placed my left leg in SuHo's clasped hands and pushed myself up, gripping onto any parts of the wall that stuck out. I climbed further up the wall till I reached the top and turned around, my feet still glued in place, to pull SuHo up quicker. When we were both at the top, we swung our legs round and climbed down the other side. 

Our awareness of our surroundings sharpened again when another piece of sharp rock fell, piercing the ground and closing the space between us.

"Where are we even supposed to go now? We have to get out of here!" SuHo asked while running forward. There was no lava at this side of the room but the roof was in the same state. "There's nothing. No way of escape."

My heart sank at his words.

I slowly backed up against the wall opposite of the smaller wall we had just climbed over. My hands ran down it while tears ran down my face, SuHo watched me helplessly. Maybe it was the end of the road from here. 

My hands now at the lower part of the wall, I felt something different. This part was...softer? I spun around and inspected it. A small arch could be seen as it was a darker shade than the rest of the wall. I then realised that the arch wasn't rock. It was clay.

"Pass that jagged rock!"

SuHo did so and I began smashing the clay. There was a small tunnel behind it and I signalled for SuHo to crawl behind me as I just found our escape route. While we were crawling,  SuHo tried to brighten the mood for the time being.

"You know, it's times like these when I wish I wasn't claustrophobic. On a positive note, your shorts suit you! Are they new?"

I chuckled and rolled my eyes, "stop looking at my ."

"That's pretty hard when it's in my face."

"Paedo."

"You know I'm just kidding, right? This is the safest we are going to be as far as we know. We might have to run again soon."

"Well, you can say goodbye to safety. We're at the end of the tunnel."

I stepped out of the tunnel and stood up. My jaw dropped at what was in front of me. SuHo climbed out of the tunnel with a grunt and stood up. He looked at what I was staring at and his eyes nearly popped out of their sockets.

"It's...i-i-it's--" I cut SuHo off.

"Don't. Say. A word."