Chapter 3

Save Me From The Dark [Hiatus, I'm sorry...I want to make sure everything is carefully planned before uploading chapters]

~SooJin POV~

I don't know much of what happened, but all that matters is that I got to the hall with the twelve doors. The room was like a perfect circle, or cyclinder if you want to get all technical. I slowly spun in a circle as I observed my surroundings. All the doors were the same. JoonHo has really made it difficult to know what to expect. Since the hidden door trick, I've decided not to trust anything in this building. Standing clueless was no good in a situation like this. I was just wasting precious time. The guardians were relying on me. My parents were relying on me. Who knew what was happening outside of this fortress of insanity. To be honest, I didn't even know what was happening inside this place, never mind outside it.

'You can do this, SooJin. Just stay alive and you will be fine.' For some reason my reassuring thoughts weren't very helpful.

'Man up and get on with it!' With that thought in mind, I forced myself to walk over to the first door to my left. I breathed in deeply as if it was my final breath and slowly turned the doorknob.

 

For a start, I knew that I was no longer in the building. I was outside, unless it was some sort of illusion, but that didn't matter. I looked back to where the door was. Was. It had somehow vanished and I knew I had no other way to escape this place unless I found whoever was there. This certainly wasn't going to be easy. I stared at the sight in front of me. I was standing on a boulder which seemed to be the only surface I could stand on without entering the water that was crashing off of the surrounding boulders. The only other surface in my view that I could actually climb up was across the vast water surface in front of me, with not the calmest of waves to say the least. The thought that someone who needed me was here pushed me to enter the mysterious waters.

I wasn't the fastest of swimmers but at least I knew how to. I felt a shiver run up my spine as I plunged deeper into the water, until I couldn't stand on the ground below and had to swim to stay at the surface. I used the fastest I could do, front-crawl. Once my body had adjusted to the temperature, I started to swim faster but the waves crashing against me slowed me down. I was about halfway there but I had spent ten minutes in one spot and realised I wasn't getting anywhere. It was only when I felt the seaweed that somehow wrapped around my shoe the whole ten minutes slide up to my lower shin that I realised I was being held back by what was underneath me. I scrunched my eyes closed and inhaled deeply before reaching down to my legs and trying to free them from the seaweed's grasp. Just as I was about to lift my head out of the water, I felt something hit the back of my head. As I would on land, I held my head to ease the pain, but my lungs had no more oxygen left and I had to lift my head out of the water.

I looked up to find small rocks falling from the top of the cliff to my left. I had to move fast in order to avoid any serious injuries, luckily it was one of the smaller stones that hit me, but if I stayed around for any longer I knew I wouldn't last very long. I continued swimming but the ten minutes I had wasted while swimming nowhere tired me out. The distance from where I first was to where I was heading wasn't incredibly long, I've swam further before, but lengths in a calm pool was a lot easier compared to the choppy and unpredictable conditions of the sea.

I started to float on my back to catch my breath back. I moved my arms in a windmill motion and made some progress towards land, where I could now make out steps leading to the top of the cliff that were made naturally by erosion. Strange to think that nature could make these kind of things. I know that what has happened certainly was no coincidence. I took this time to think about the days events, or what I thought was the days events. I had no idea how long it was till I opened my eyes after arriving in the hall. 'How do I even find someone when I don't know what to look for? They could be disguised for all I--'

My thoughts were abruptly stopped when my head crashed into the cliff face behind me. That's what I get for not paying attention. I brought my left hand to the back of my head and when I brought it back I could see blood covering it. The water around me started to turn red as I felt more and more faint. I don't know if it was because of the fresh wound or the fact that I hate the sight and smell of blood.

'I've let everyone down and I've not even found anyone. I'm so sorry.' I was so close, yet my eyes involuntarily closed once again before I had the chance to save myself.'