Chapter 1

Save Me From The Dark [Hiatus, I'm sorry...I want to make sure everything is carefully planned before uploading chapters]

You had just woken up and somebody was already knocking your bedroom door. You gave a small groan and answered, "Come in." The tall man opened the door and stepped inside, giving you a 90 degrees bow as he entered. "Princess! Your father wants to see you at once," the man said. "It's urgent."

You rolled your eyes and nodded. "Alright, I'll be downstairs soon. Thanks Minho." Minho then nodded and left. You were a bit annoyed that your father always sent one of the servants whenever he wanted to speak to you. 'If it was so urgent, then why doesn't he use his feet and walk here himself?' You thought.

You stood up from your king sized bed and walked into your closet. You never liked to wear any extravagant clothes unless you were told to for a special occasion. It was summer so you threw on a pair of shorts and an earthly green tank top before putting on a pair of camouflage high tops.

Once you were ready to face the world, you clicked your fingers expecting to teleport to where your father was, most definitely the dining room, but nothing happened. You trued focusing extra hard and snapped your fingers a few more times but there was no improvement. You were confused but decided to ignore it and walk instead.

You became impatient due to the long walk down the corridor and decided to run. You then slid down the banister of the stairs that led you to the giant double doors of the dining room.

 

A maid passing by with fresh bed sheets chuckled and shook her head as you greeted her with a smile. "Good morning, Princess."

You sighed. "I've already told you that you can just call me SooJin, Yoona."

"Sorry, it's a habit." You just laughed and walked towards the dining room.

When you entered, you could see your father at the other end of the room, possibly ten metres away if your calculation was correct. You walked over and sat next to him. He had a concerned expression on his face and sighed. "You took your time."

"Sorry, I would have teleported but for some reason it--" your father interrupted you.

"The guardians are in trouble." For some reason this didn't surprise you. This time it was your turn to sigh.

"Has Xiumin tried to make ice cream using his powers again? I told him it wasn't a good idea."

"No it's more serious than that."

"Oh, has Kai accidentally teleported himself into the female toilets? I've already warned him not to let girls be his last thoughts before deciding to teleport to any restroom."

"SooJin, just listen. Now is not the time to be joking around."

"Alright, I'm listening," you sat back in your chair and crossed your arms, waiting for a response.

"The guardians were kidnapped while they were sleeping last night. The security guards said the only person they seen enter the palace last night was you." Your eyes widened.

"Uh, but I never went out last night...I had an early night and went to sleep at 8 o'clock and never woke up until 7 this morning!" You were shocked at this news. How could something like this be possible?

"Exactly, but I know who is behind this...Kim JoonHo."

"...I don't get it..." You look down, trying to figure out how it could be him. He was banished and sent to live for the rest of eternity in the darkside.

"JoonHo is a shape-shifter, meaning that he shape-shifted into you and somehow managed to take them all away. I'm guessing he used a darkside portal."

"Appa, I think you need to sort out your security system...well can't you just go to the darkside, do some sort of 'almighty and powerful' magic and get them back?" You asked as if it was the easiest thing in the world.

"No. I can't. I have to make sure nothing else happens here." He answered bluntly. He was fed up of your attitude towards the situation. "When he took the guardians to his lair in the darkside, he also began to drain their powers, meaning that your powers are also drained. That's why you can't teleport. You probably can't use any of your powers, except invisibility."

Everything sunk in and you couldn't bring yourself to speak. Your father continued. "This is why I brought you here. I'm relying on you to go and save the boys, but you don't have time to waste. JoonHo is already becoming stronger with the twelve powers of the guardians. As time goes on, he will become more powerful, as he becomes more powerful, EXO Planet will get darker and darker until the darkside completely takes over and then who knows what will happen next. I need to stay here but I have faith in you! You are strong, SooJin. Are you willing to save your friends and the lives of everyone on EXO Planet?"

You began to feel dizzy. You always loved a challenge but knowing that everyone relied on you and you alone was a scary thought. "No pressure, huh?" You inhaled deeply before answering.

"I'll do it."

"Good, you never had much of a choice." SooMan tried to sound relaxed but you knew that he was really worried.

 

"So...how do I get to JoonHo's lair?" Since you couldn't teleport, or knew how to get to the darkside, this was a bit of a problem.

"Here," your father held out a plain silver ring. "It's a ring that, when worn, can transport you to the darkside, but be careful with it! If you lose it, you will have no other way to come back and you will therefore be trapped in the darkside. Good luck."

You gave your father a hug and gave you a reassuring squeeze. You knew that deep down, he was more scared than he appeared. Your mother ran into the room, crying. She obviously heard the conversation. You gave her a small smile and hugged her tightly.

"I'll be back, everything will be the way it should be. Trust me. I love you both."

 

And with that, you slid the silver ring onto your finger.