Chapter 5

Save Me From The Dark [Hiatus, I'm sorry...I want to make sure everything is carefully planned before uploading chapters]

JoonHo looked at the monitor screen of the first room. He smirked at the sight of SuHo in SooJin's arms as she took care of him. He heard a knock at the door.

"Enter."

The hooded figure did as he was told.

"Master I can explain--"

"Explain what?" JoonHo leaned back on his chair.

"I-I should have stopped SuHo from saving the girl," the man looked down in shame. JoonHo laughed.

"Don't be shameful! This is working out better than I expected."

"What do you mean?"

JoonHo stood up from his black leather chair and walked over to the thirteen powers, focusing his attention on the power of water which glowed brighter than all the rest, except invisibility as is glowed just as brightly.

"You see this? This is SuHo's power. You see how bright it glows? It wasn't always like that."

There was some silence. JoonHo sighed and continued as the hooded figure still looked confused. "That means, when SuHo used his remaining powers to help SooJin, he quickened his own drainage process, meaning that he has no powers left and we now have all his strength when it comes to his magic."

"So...SooJin and SuHo are both mortals now?"

"Yes. Took you long enough to work it out. You may go now."

"T-thank you master!" The man bowed and left the room.


SuHo slowly opened his eyes to find SooJin sitting beside him while holding his now warm hand.

"You're alive!" SuHo quickly sat up and hugged SooJin. She shivered at his cold touch and he instantly pulled away. "Sorry, you must be freezing. I forgot."

SooJin gave him a warm smile and replied, "it's alright, as long as you have recovered we can continue to the next room."

"I feel fine, but maybe we should dry off before we continue. Who knows what we have to face next."

~SooJin POV~

We were lying at the top of the cliff, the place I had intended to go to since I entered the room. We lay on the grass to let the sun soak up the water that our clothes had taken in. Then it hit me. How were we supposed to get to the next room?

"Uh, SuHo?" I turned my head to face him. He had a few scratches on his face but he still looked so pure.

"Hmm?"

"Do you have any idea how we are supposed to get to the next room?"

"Could we not just go through the door you entered to get here?"

"We cant. Last time I checked, the door had vanished." SuHo's lips pressed into a straight line as I watched him silently thinking of an escape route so we could continue our journey. After a few minutes, he jumped up with a grin on his face.

"I got it! The entrance must be hidden somewhere! We have to look around for it."

"SuHo you're a genious!" I also sprang up from the ground and wrapped my arms around SuHo's neck, pulling him into a hug that could finally be appreciated now that we had dried our clothes using the rays of the summer sun and the gentle breeze. The weather had changed from dull and windy to bright and warm since I arrived.

SuHo returned the hug and it made me feel safe knowing I was no longer alone in this place full of uncertainties and secrets. He whispered in my ear, "thank you for saving me."

"You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours," I replied, trying not to cry from an overwhelming mixture of feelings that I couldn't distinguish. I pulled away from his grip and continued after swallowing the lump in my throat. "Let's look for this hidden entrance  then."

I lightly punched his shoulder and we began to search.

 

 

We had been searching around for almost an hour and no sign of any hidden entrances to the next room. I went back to the cave while SuHo searched at the top of the cliff. The only thing we found was some berries that we ate to give us some energy and satisfy our hunger for a while longer. SuHo put some of them in his jacket pocket in case we got hungry later.

"SooJin-ah! Come and take a look at this."

I hurried over to SuHo. He was standing at the rocky edge of the cliff, his eyes focused on the water below him.

"Is everything ok?"

"Look at that. Do you think that could be it?"

I followed his gaze. His eyes were glued to a whirlpool that was spiraling round and round at a fast pace. Maybe this was it, but it could also be a trap.

"This looks like something JoonHo would do. He would make the entrance look like a danger so that we would get stuck here if we decided not to take the risk."

"What if it's not the entrance?"

"That's how he wants you to think, its a gamble...but if it isn't the entrance...I guess we have to try and swim away before we are pulled too far under and can't get back to the surface. Whatever we do, don't let go. I don't want to lose you after finally finding you."

"I trust you." I could see a hint of worry in his eyes. 

I gave him a reassuring smile, hiding my own fears that I had so that he wouldn't be so worried. He took my left hand and held onto it tightly. We stepped further to the edge. We looked at each other and nodded in unison before taking a leap off of the cliff and into the mysterious whirlpool below.

 

[A/N: I'm so sorry I've not updated in like a week D: school has had me tied up with homework and studying for tests and stuff, but now that it's the February break I'm hoping to write some more :3 comments are appreciated and I'd love to  get some feedback from you! Any questions you may have, I would glady answer them as best as I can ^.^]