Chapter 3 – Strategist’s Mind + Leader’s Silence = Wrong Location.

Mastermind KSSA Strategist.

-Jaejoong Pov –

I woke up early by early I mean 5am. I quickly got dressed, I wore a high collar black jacket and placed a beanie on, before driving out to Seoul police station in my black sports car. I parked a block away from the station and for the rest of the way I walked, the front entrance was locked, which meant that no workers are in yet. I slid the letter through underneath the entrance and went back into my car. Entering into my car, I let out sigh.

‘Doesn’t seem like KSSA agents are around.’ I muttered to myself and smirked ‘must be in Gwangmyeong.’

I drove back home and entered the house.

‘Doesn’t seem like she’s up yet. ‘ I thought to myself, seeing that it was completely quiet in the house.

I checked the time and it was only 6.

‘She would be up in 30 minutes. Better start making breakfast’ I thought and went into the kitchen.

I’m not some creepy stalker or anything, but I knew what time Byul often get out and go to work because it was necessary if I was to kidnap her. I open the fridge, took out various ingredients, and started to prepare breakfast.

‘Wonder if she would like waffles?’ I whispered to myself, before shrugging my shoulders ‘why would I care what she likes. She eats what she gets’

-Your Pov –

I woke up and looked at the time…it was 6:20am.

‘I’m not even home or can go to work…should I just sleep in?’ I thought, but then shook my head ‘Not like I could go back to sleep anyway.’

I got up going to brush my teeth and headed down stairs. While walking down, there was a very lovely smell of something cook…Waffles, which made my mouth water. But…I can’t let my guard down…after all this is my kidnaper’s house. I walked into the kitchen…

‘Take a seat. It’s almost done’ Jaejoong said

I nod, pulling out a chair and sat down on the kitchen bench. Jaejoong place a plate of freshly made waffle with chocolate and ice cream, in front of me.

‘You don’t mind Waffles do you?’ Jaejoong questioned, while seating himself next to me with his own plate.

Okay. I give. The plate of heaven in front of me had won.

I shook my head ‘ I like waffles.’ I said and ate very quickly.

IT WAS THE BEST WAFFLES EVER!

-Jaejoong Pov-

I stared at the girl beside me amused, she was eating very quickly almost like she was just swallowing not even chewing. She’s like a child really. I tried hard to bite back a big smile and a chuckle…she was adorable. I was mainly happier that she enjoyed it.

‘I completed your first condition’ I said

Byul stopped eating, looked at me for a second before looking back down at her food, and continued eating. ‘Thanks’ she said.

‘It’s nothing.’ I said and start eating my breakfast.

-Daehyun Pov-

I would be lying if I said I had a good sleep, because the truth was I DIDN’T get any sleep at all. I checked the time and it was 6 in the morning, I went to get ready and properly dressed before heading down stairs to see Youngjae, Hyosung, Himchan, Zelo, and Sunhwa already up. Hyosung and Himchan were both making breakfast, Sunhwa was setting up the table, Zelo was exercising in the living room, and Youngjae was watching the news in the living room. They saw me and greet me a good morning, I did the same and joined Youngjae in the living room.

‘You didn’t have any shut eye, did you.’ Youngjae said not looking away from the TV.

I nod

Youngjae smirked ‘typical you.’ He said

‘How could I, when she’s probably in danger at this moment’ I muttered

But Youngjae heard it ‘Hey, have some hope in her, she can take care of her self’ he said

I frowned ‘She doesn’t know self defense’ I retorted

Youngjae rolled his eyes ‘and whose fault would that be?’ he mocked ‘you’re the one who didn’t want her to get bruised or even a scratch from the trainer. FYI we’re KSSA for heaven sakes we ALL should get self defense training but you were against it for her.’

I let out a low growl ‘Shut up’ I uttered

But truthfully Youngjae was right, I was at fault for that. I should of just let Byul learn some self-defense so I wouldn’t be this worried right now…but F*** was I an idiot.

‘Food’s done.’ Hyosung said placing the late plate of eggs on the table.

Just in time as Jongup, Hana, Jieun, and Yongguk came down. Everyone sat and ate…

‘Those bastards better fed her, or I’ll chop their balls off’ I thought while eating

‘Yah, Leader don’t frown when you’re eating.’ Yongguk said to me

‘Ah, sorry’ I mumbled

We ate quickly, so we can start our plan.

‘I think we should still go along with Byul’s plan but minus her in it’ Himchan said

Everyone nod agreeing.

‘Then we’ll get dressed up then’ Jieun said, going upstairs with Hana to get change, into the right ‘bait’ clothes.

Yongguk went and prepared all of the gears that was needed and placed them on the table, when Hana and Jieun were done they both came down. They were both dressed in a mini dress, which was very short in length…one reason why I didn’t want Byul to take part in the mission in the first place. There was no way I would allow any male species lay eyes on her, if she’s wearing such disgusting revealing clothing. Yongguk explained the gears to us and showed us how they work.

‘got it?’ Yongguk questioned

We all nod.

‘Okay, next. Youngjae any in formation about the minion of the Black Lotus? Sunhwa have you found their location?’ Himchan questioned

‘I got a report form the spy that the minions are currently in the city.’ Sunhwa said

‘ There’s about 5 of them lurking around.’ Youngjae said

‘Let’s take action then.’ I said and then looked at Jieun and Hana ‘You guys just head out and wonder around in sight of them as much as possible.’

Jieun and Hana nod ‘Neh’ they both said

‘Make sure, your tracker is always on. Once your in remember to hide cameras around.’ Yongguk reminded.

‘Also remember to keep updating us, every 30 minutes or so’ Youngjae said

‘Be safe and keep your guard up’ Himchan and Hyosung said

Both Jieun and Hana nod again ‘Neh’ said heading to the door.

‘Wait.’ I said, stopping both of them, causing everyone to look at me. ‘W-When you see Byul…---‘

‘We’ll contact you right away and make sure that she’s not harmed. We know Leader. Don’t worry about it.’ Jieun said with an reassuring smile.

I nod ‘ be careful’ I said

They both left.

-Jaejoong Pov-

I am currently in the living room with Byul. I showed her and discussed everything I’ve knew and found out of the Black Lotus and their hideout.

‘So what do you think?’ I asked

Byul was still scanning and reading through some of the documents in front of her.

‘So you’ve infiltrated their hideout and placed some cameras right?’ she asked

I nod

‘he actually did this all on his own…’ I heard her whisper in amazement

I mentally smiled, in a sense she was complimenting me.

‘So what’s next?’ I asked

‘First, I need to monitor their movements.’ She said

‘let’s go to the computer room’ I said, standing up , with Byul following me to the computer room.

 I the computers and type in a few things, before on the screen viewed what the cameras were recording. Byul sat down in front of the computer watching the screen.

‘I’ll need some papers and a pen, Please’ she said

I went and got the papers and pens, handing them to her.

‘This will probably take a few days. Max 4 days’ She said while she started writing on the paper.

I nod ‘that’s not a problem. What do I do in the mean time?’ I questioned

‘Well…there’s really nothing much. So do whatever.’ She said, not looking away from the screen

‘If you need anything, just call me’ I said

‘mmhm’ she responded

Seeing that she was really focused, I left the room.

-That Night-

-3rd Person Pov-

- Mission Team- (Jieun & Hana)

Jieun and Nana had both being wondering around places since the morning till now, which was 9pm.

‘Still no sign of any movement’ Jieun said updating the base team.

‘Aishi my legs are killing me’ Hana complained. ‘why the F*** aren’t they kidnapping us already?!’

Oh their kidnapping someone, well more like got some hooker-Youngjae

‘Where?’ Jieun and Hana both asked

They’re heading towards your way. 2 minions with a lady wearing a red tube dress. – Sunhwa

Jieun Nana, you guy will follow them, they will take that lady to their hideout. Keep a good distance. When they enter their hideout, you guys will pretend to wonder around that area close to their hideout. I’m positive that one of the minions will spot you guys and take you in. – Daehyun.

‘Okay’ Jieun and Hana answered and followed Daehyun’s instructions

-Base Team- (Zelo, Jongup, Youngjae, Hyosung, Himchan, Yongguk, Daehyun & Sunhwa)

‘Never knew you could plan, yourself Leader’ Yongguk said smirking

Daehyun didn’t say anything but shrugged his shoulders. Everyone continue to watch the computer screen, which viewed what the cameras were recording around the hideout’s.

-An Hour Later-

‘Jieun Hana, keep your guard up. 3 minions are coming.’ Youngjae said

Okay- Jieun & Hana

They watch on the screen, as the minion were talking to Jieun and Hana…about 2 minutes of talking, the minions led the two girls in.

Himchan smirked ‘their in.’ he said

Youngjae took out another laptop, as he typed quickly, his screen then viewed the inside hallway of the hideout.

‘The cameras are on’ Youngjae said

From the ear piece, sounds of screaming and pleading for help could be heard, making the agents feel disgusted. Looking into Youngjae screen, it showed a large room, which held many captive girls. They were tied and many of them had bruises, from being abused by the minions.

-Mission Team-

Jieun and Hana were very disgusted as to how the girls were being treated, but that wasn’t the important matter right now, their eyes scanned the room looking for their fellow agent. The minion tied their wrist and ankles, before leaving. Once the door closed, Jieun and Hana easily got out of their binds, other girls who saw this quickly asked for their help.

‘Shh, Shh you’ll be fine, now that we’re here. But you all have to remain calm and keep quiet’ Hana said loud enough for the girls to hear.

The girls all nod, listening to her.

‘Now we have a question…’ Jieun said, and took out a picture of Byul ‘ Have anyone of you seen this girl?’

Jieun walked around the room showing them the picture, but everyone of them shook their heads ‘no’

‘Guys, she’s not here. None of them said they seen her here.’ Hana reported to the base team

SHE HAS TO BE THERE!- Daehyun

‘Leader, you have to calm down’ Hana said

There were sounds of exhaling and in taking sounds of breathings, their leader was trying to calm himself down.

There must be another room somewhere.- Daehyun

Jieun and Hana nod ‘Neh, we’ll check’ Hana said

‘Is this the only room where they keep their captives?’ Jieun asked

‘W-We’re not sure….’ One girl answered

‘S-Sometimes however, we can hear sound of girls being dragged or taken pass this room. It could be possible that there is another room…’ another girl answered

‘Or…they get sent off to Masan’ another girl said

Hana and Jieun looked at each other ‘Masan?’ they questioned

‘n-neh…we heard that...that’s where their leader is and where they would sell girls off’ A girl said

‘Guys, I think we found our destination of the leader. Mason’ Hana reported

Mason? That’s around 185 miles from Seoul. – Sunhwa

Since we already know the whereabouts of Black Lotus. The minions are not needed anymore. Free all captive and wait for us to come. – Daehyun

Jieun and Hana nod ‘Neh’ they said

-Base Team-

Daehyun, Zelo and Jongup, got ready to leave, but before Daehyun left, Youngjae stopped him.

‘Daehyun, don’t do anything stupid. You must stay collected’ Youngjae said

Daehyun nod and left.

‘They couldn’t of already sent Byul to Mason, already could they?’ Sunhwa suddenly questioned in worry

Hearing her question, the other agent went silent…because it was a possibility and they hoped that Daehyun would remain calm if that was the case.

-Mission Team-

Jieun and Hana freed all of the girls and waited in the room for Daehyun, Zelo and Jongup to arrive.

‘Your all are going to be safe, so please remain calm and stay quiet’ Jieun said to the girls

The girls all nod and sat down, waiting to be told what next to do. It didn’t take long, about 20 minutes or so, before they could heard loud crashes and sounds of men yelping in pain.

‘Their here.’ Hana said smirking.

The room door opened and Daehyun came in.

‘Take them all out safely, me and the others going to search through the hideout.’ Daehyun said

Jieun and Hana nod, doing as they are told. Daehyun, Zelo and Jongup fought through the hallways as many minion were charging at them, but they stand no match to the 3 agents. Along the way, from every passing door, they opened and check for anymore captive or Byul…but unfortunately she wasn’t in any of them. They reached t the final door, which they knew well where the sub-leader of the minion was in, Jongup kicked the door down and Zelo dashed in quickly shooting the minions in the leg and had his gun pointed at the sub-leader.

Daehyun stepped in with a hard and cold face. ‘Where is she?’ he questioned, showing a picture of Byul to the sub-leader.

The sub-leader shook his head quickly ‘I-I don’t know!’ he said in fear and nervousness

Daehyun’s eyes narrowed and harden ‘She was missing 3 days ago. I’m very sure you must of kidnaped her. NOW WHERE IS SHE?!’ Daehyun shouted angrily

The sub-leader shake in fear ‘I-I swear! W-We never encountered that girl before!’ he answered

Daehyun felt his insides tighten in pain and worry, he was going to snap very soon. He walked up to the sub-leader, grabbing him by the collar and slammed him to the wall hard.

‘DON’T F***EN LIE TO ME!’ Daehyun shouted in rage.

DAEHYUN! KEEP YOUR COOL! – Youngjae & Himchan.

Jongup and Zelo seeing their leader losing it, stepped up and put their hand on his shoulder

‘Leader, she’s not here...which mean she’s elsewhere. Probably safer then here’ Jongup said hoping to calm Daehyun down

Zelo nod ‘There’s no point dealing with someone like him’ he said

Daehyun let out a shaky breath, letting go of the sub-leader’s collar and stepped back. ‘Call the police. They’ll handle the rest here. We’re leaving’ Daehyun said and left the room.

-Base Team-

The agents all let out a relief yet a disappointed sigh, relief that Daehyun was under control but disappointed that clues to where Byul could be had brought them back to square one and in deep confusion.

‘If she’s not there, then where could she be?’ Hyosung questioned worried

‘Would it be possible that she had found out about Black Lotus actual location and is heading there herself?’ Yongguk questioned

Hearing Yongguk’s possible suggestion, brought more worry and stress to the agents, especially Sunhwa…who was on the verge of crying but kept her emotions stable.

‘When, the mission team returns…we’ll head back to Seoul. From there we’ll think what we should do next’ Himchan said

Everyone nod.

-Your Pov -

Never losing my focus and had been working the entire day, i never left my seat from the computer screen or stopped writing, the only time I would leave is  to go to the toilet. Jaejoong would often come in, to give me some snacks and drinks, he probably thinks that I’m a hard and dedicate worker which I am, but truthfully right now…i was trying to keep my mind off and away from worry about my friends and especially thoughts of Daehyun. The reason for the hard working was for the fact that, the faster i finish this and help Jaejoong, the faster i’ll be able to return back to the others…however keeping my mind away from thinking of Daehyun was impossible… when everything or even small things i did or see would remind me of Daehyun. Just like times like this…when i was too focus in work…

-Flash Back-

-3rd Person-

Hyosung had given them a new mission, upon reading the files and information of the mission, it was now all up to Byul, the strategist to come up with a plan. Because she wanted her fellow Agents, to return safe from their mission… her strategies has to be always be 100% perfect. Meaning she would keep herself on her worktable and never leaving it until her plans are completed…which often worry many of the agents.

While working and writing furiously the strategy, alone in the office, Daehyun came in. Due to Byul’s focus and concentration, she didn’t notice Daehyun’s presence. Daehyun shook his head at the hard working agent but smiled, he came behind her and covered her eyes.

‘Guess who~’ Daehyun sung

‘Yah! Daehyun! I’m Working!’ Byul said trying to prey Daehyun’s hands away

‘You’ve been working too hard! Take a break. I’ll take you out to eat’ Daehyun said smiling

Byul shook her head ‘This has to be done’ she said

‘The missions is not going anywhere, Byul~. Your worrying everyone’ Daehyun said hoping to persuade her.

But Byul was stubborn and shook her head, Daehyun pouted and had his puppy dog face on, which was ignored by Byul.

‘As your leader, I demand you to stop and take a break!’ Daehyun said faking a voice of dominance.

Byul continued to write ‘Denied.’ She stated

Daehyun let out a sigh ‘You leave me no choice.’ He said

Byul was suddenly being lifted and flung over Daehyun’s shoulder.

‘How does Japanese sound? Yeah, let’s go’ Daehyun said without letting Byul having the chance to answer

‘DAEHYUN PUT ME DOWN!’ Byul shouted

‘Babe you can resist and shout all you want. But I’m not gonna let you go, until you have at least 30 minute break.’ Daehyun said smiling

Byul continued to struggle and trash her arms and legs, but Daehyun was not fazed. He through the hallways of the Police station…earning many funny looks from the workers, He brought her to his motorcycle and set her siting on it.

‘Compare to the missions and you over working, I don’t care less about the mission, Even if it is to save the Government or the queen of England, all I care is Cheol Ki Byul not falling sick.’ Daehyun said, whiling buckling the helmet on for Byul.

 Byul was silent from what Daehyun had said, she was happy…even though maybe saving the Government and the Queen of England might have been more important.

Byul folded her arms ‘Fine. 30minutes only!’ she said

Daehyun smiled happy to have convinced her. Byul was just happy to have known that Daehyun cared.

-End Flashback-

-Your Pov -

i let out a sad sigh. Not minding…more like wishing that Daehyun would magically appear and flung me over his shoulders and take me away. But that would be just living in my fantasy…

‘AISHI! Stop thinking about him!’ I scolded myself mentally ‘The faster you get this done. The sooner you’ll be back with everyone again.’

Just then the door creaked and Jaejoong came in.

‘Come down for dinner’ Jaejoong said ‘you need a break’

I mentally had a weak smile ‘A break…like what Daehyun always says to me..’ I thought

But…this person before me wasn’t Daehyun…no, he was my kidnapper, Jaejoong.

I shook my head ‘I’ll get this done first.’ I said

‘You can take the work down with you’ he said

‘I need to watch the screen’ I said

Jaejoong didn’t say anything else and left.

-Jaejoong Pov –

Byul was indeed a hard worker, she had been in the computer room for almost the whole day, only to leave when the restroom was needed. Now was 9pm, so I made dinner and went to tell her to come down…however she denied and only went back to working… So I left the room. I went back down and looked at the plates of food I made, steak with potatoes salad and fries…the food wouldn’t taste good if it was going to be cold…

I let out a sigh ‘I’m thinking to much for a KSSA agent…’ I thought

But even when my mind was telling me to just leave it and let her eat whenever…I was already placing all of the food on a tray and carried it back to the computer room. I set the tray next to Byul and took a seat next to her, making her turn to face me.

‘Since you can’t come down. We’ll just eat up here’ I said, placing her plate in front of her

This was not the normal action Kim Jaejoong would do. Byul looked at me a little surprised but nod and thanked me, which I returned with just a nod and ate my food in silent. But I found myself to glance occasionally at Byul, especially when she took the first bite of her food…I guess I was curious if she liked the food or not.

‘This is really good’ Byul commented not looking at me and continued eating more

 ‘thanks’ I said

Not realizing that I was smiling…which I quickly stopped and looked away. It was lucky that she didn’t see it…because I wouldn’t want her to think that I am some friendly kidnapper...she should be scared of me and listen to whatever I say....right?. But if that was the case…why do I feel the need to see if she liked her food or care if she was eating or not?

Maybe, just maybe…because of being alone for a very long time…I actually wanted to be close to someone…as a friend.

-Youngjae Pov -

Right after when me and the others returned back to the house, we packed everything and headed back to Seoul. In the van there were small conversations, though Daehyun was the only one who remained silent. Hyosung was driving, Himchan was seated next to her, behind them were Sunhwa, Hana & Jieun, 3rd row were Zelo, Jongup & Yongguk and last row was me and Daehyun. I looked at Daehyun who was looking out of his window, some of the others would involve him in small conversations but he would remain in pure silence…this was one of those moment where no one could make him talk or much less pay attention to them…there was only one person who could, but she wasn’t here.

-Flash Back-

I had been talking to Daehyun, hoping that he would response somehow or even at least look at me, but it didn’t work. The other guys even Noonas tried…but it didn’t work. The reason to Daehyun’s silence was due to his mother falling sick and was in the hospital, he wanted to visit her but we are currently in the middle of an mission and the government wouldn’t allow him to.

‘This is the first time, I’ve seen Leader like this…’ Hana said

‘I don’t see a reason why he can’t visit his mother’ Sunhwa commented ‘the government is sometimes an ’

‘Yah, Sunhwa, don’t say that.’ Hyosung said ‘The government probably doesn’t want any enemies to know that a family of our leader is sick, in the hospital. They could take advantage of him and everyone in KSSA’

Sunhwa gave Hyosung a funny look ‘Yeah I get that, but…NO one knows of us.’ She said

Which I very much agreed to.

‘Better safe then sorry’ Jieun said

‘But if his being like this, it’ll affect our mission.’ Hana said

Everyone couldn’t help but to agree on this, we seriously needed to get Daehyun to snap out of it. Just then, then the youngest female agent came in, with lots of bags of food.

‘I brought lunch.’ Byul said carrying the bags to the table.

Byul wasn’t aware of the situation because the problem began when she was out, but KSSA strategist, she was sharp and felt that something was not right. She looked at us and then at Daehyun, who was siting far away from the group…staring out of the window.

‘What’s wrong with Daehyun?’ Byul asked, just loud enough for us to hear.

‘Daehyun Hyung received a call from the hospital, saying his mother is sick.’ Zelo explained ‘He wants to visit her but the government doesn’t allow it since it may bring danger to his mother and we’re in the middle of a mission.’

Byul nod in understanding

‘We tried to talk to him, but he wouldn’t respond or much less even paid any attention to us.’ Himchan said ‘and we’re worried it may affect his performance in our mission.’

Byul nod again processing everything that had been said

‘Well you guys, eat ahead.’ Byul said ‘I’ll see if I can convince him’

‘Trust us Byul…NOTHING will make him even look at you.’ Sunhwa said

Byul smiled ‘ I’ll give it a shot either way.’ She said, picking up a can of drink.

Byul then walked over to Daehyun, who didn’t notice a thing. Her next action surprised us…well more like Daehyun’s that surprised us. Byul from behind pressed the cold can of drink onto Daehyun’s cheeks, making him jumped a little and turned looking up at her. It may seem like it was cheating because she used a cold can of drink but at least she got his attention.

Byul smiled ‘Sitting here being a silent hippo, wouldn’t help or change anything, Daehyun.’ She said, and took Daehyun’s hand giving him the can of drink. ‘I brought food, come and eat. Then, we complete the mission and after that I’ve got a plan for you to least talk to your mum or at most, see her. That’s better then being like this right?’

Daehyun stared at Byul for a little while before a smile broke onto his face. Me and the other agent mouth dropped….

‘SHE DID IT!’ Jongup and Jieun exclaimed

Byul wasn’t only good at strategizing for physical mission…but also for recovering mental and emotional state for people…which is really Daebak.

‘Wait….silent hippo?’ Daehyun questioned, before frowning ‘Your implying I am big, fat and ugly?’

Byul had a sheepish smile ‘it was the only thing that I could think off’ she confessed ‘And that’s just mean, to say Hippos are ugly. They are free to be whatever size they wish and can be cute when they want to be!’

Daehyun grinned ‘then your implying that I am cute when I want to be?’ he teased

Byul was startled by Daehyun’s comment, but then she smiled ‘I only find you cute when your smiling.’ She said

From this far I could see that Daehyun was completely embarrassed and was blushing. Oh how I was laughing so hard mentally.

-End Flashback-

This is a major crisis at this rate…Byul isn’t around this moment.