Final Chapter – The Strategist Accepts The Challenge.

Mastermind KSSA Strategist.

-A week Later-

-3rd Person Pov-

-Seoul Police Department –

Jaejoong was released from the hospital and became apart of the KSSA group, you would of expected things to be awkward, but that was not the case. He was well fitted in as if he had been there from the very beginning; even a normal causal conversation was often exchanged between Daehyun and Jaejoong…that was surprising for the agents.

However…Byul and Daehyun were still weren’t acting how they would use to, if anything Daehyun were keeping his distance and only talk to her if it was a serious matter of missions. Byul on the other hand knew and could see Daehyun’s action, which day by day had made her even more determined to quickly come up with a plan.

‘I’m going to start my patrolling.’ Daehyun said getting up from his seat

‘Yep, Good Luck’ Hyosung said

‘Watch your back alright?’ Jaejoong said

As soon as Daehyun left the room, everyone turned their heads and faced Byul.

‘So how is the plan coming along?’ Jieun asked curious

Byul groaned and slumped her head down on her working desk ‘I can’t think of anything.’ She groaned

‘It’s been already a week…’ Himchan commented

‘I know. But nothing seems to come in mind’ Byul grumbled ‘I’m completely blanked out.’

‘Maybe you should try approaching him, like how he often does to you’ Sunhwa suggested

Agents who were in the room blanked out…

‘Byul can’t ride a motorbike…’ Jongup stated

‘Much less even have a license’ Yongguk added

‘Why not ask him out to eat and then tell him’ Hana suggested

‘Any time, anywhere she’s in sight he would already disappear’ Zelo stated

‘Hard to believe that his our leader when his completely running away from a girl.’ Jaejoong joked

But the agents found themselves just nodding and agreeing with Jaejoong.

‘How about giving him a call’ Yongguk suggested

‘If he would disappear, just cause she’s around, what makes you think he would pick up her call.’ Hyosung stated

‘Well he does always call you through the police line.’ Youngjae stated ‘Maybe you should do the same’

Daehyun did have a habit of using the police’s line to reach her, and never fail to surprised her every time he did. Many of those moments played in Byul’s mind and they made her smile.

‘I’d like to see you do better’

Byul eyes brightened when an idea had came in mind.

‘oh~ I know that look.’ Sunhwa said grinning ‘so what’s the plan?’

Byul smirked ‘I need you guys to help me’ she said

-The Next Day-

-Police Station-

‘Byul’s in place guys’ Sunhwa whispered after checking her phone

Yongguk had gave them all his latest recreation of communication device, it looked and was the size of a ear stud making it easier to hide and doesn’t look too obvious like a normal earpiece would. Which the agents found to be very easily used, it had the ability to pick up the smallest sound made by the wearer.

 

In the office, all the agents were present aside from Byul, which Jieun and Hana had covered for her saying she gone out to buy snacks.

Daehyun had no suspensions of what so ever was working at his desk, Jaejoong was wondering around near Daehyun to make sure keeping him busy for the other agents to do their part of the plan…which Zelo had name it ‘The Confession Mission’

Hearing Sunhwa through their earpiece, Himchan and Youngjae grinned and both started typing away doing their part of the plan.

‘Zelo, Jongup how are you guys going?’ Hyosung asked

YEP! IT’s turned to it’s max – Zelo

IT’s all done here – Jongup

Zelo and Jongup job was to turn the speakers of the police station on and up to it’s max, which was not hard for them to do so.

‘And we’re done’ Himchan and Youngjae both said

‘Byul, we’re all set and ready to go.’ Yongguk spoke quietly

Neh, okay. – Byul

‘Good luck~’ the agents all whispered

Thanks, I’ll need it – Byul

-Daehyun Pov-

I let out an inaudible sigh, I couldn’t concentrate…not like I ever could for the last couples of days.

‘Are you feeling all right? Maybe you should take a break.’ Jaejoong suggest, who was the closest one standing near me

I shook my head ‘nah I’m good.’ I said

Jaejoong and me are on good terms; it was better then getting at each other’s throats.

‘Doesn’t seem like sitting there, just sigh will help you concentrate. So just take a breather or a drink.’ Jaejoong said handing me a bottle of water

I took it and thanked him, but before I could open the bottle the phone on my desk rang. Keeping the phone between my ear and shoulders, I opened the bottle of water.

‘This is Seoul Police department. Please state your Name, Situation, Victim & Location.’ I recited before quickly getting a mouth full of water.

M-My

The phone in my hand dropped. My eyes widened while the water in my mouth was spattered out. Choking and coughing due to the water, I hit my chest multiply times to sustain them, Jaejoong who stood behind me also helped by patting hard on my back.

‘B-BYUL?’ I exclaimed shocked after recovering from the chough and choking, I could easily recognize her voice anywhere and through anything.

 Name is

I didn’t know if it was anymore possible for me to get anymore shocked…because Byul’s voice didn’t only came from the phone…but it was heard loud in the room. Jumping out of my chair I opened the door, which had the main police department on the other side. The agents followed behind me, coming out of the office and stood behind in the main department…every single person who was inside the building was staring around confusingly.

Cheol Ki Byul.

Byul’s voice was loud and clear to be heard through the entire department. Her voice was heard due to the speakers in the building.

Hearing the caller’s name the workers whispered amongst each other.

‘What’s going on?’

‘Isn’t she a worker here?’

The situation…the situation that I’m in…is there is this guy…a guy I had fallen in love with.

The department was filled with sounds of surprised grasps or happy squeals.

‘OMOMOMO it’s a confession!’ a female worker squealed in delight

However…for me…my heart sunk. Confession…Byul was confessing…but I knew I wasn’t the one.

‘Why did it go to my line?’ I thought sadly ‘Could it should have been to Jaejoong but got to me by mistake?’

More and more I thought of it…the more I felt my heart drowning deeper in sadness and pain.  My head hung low to hide my emotions.

He doesn’t seem to have noticed my feelings for him, and is avoiding me.

My head snapped up, eyeing basically nothing in confusion.

‘Avoiding?’ I whispered to no one in particular

I was sure enough that Jaejoong and Byul aren’t avoiding each other, they have been talking and hanging with each other very well…so why did she say his avoiding her?

I turned behind me to give Jaejoong a questioning look, which he gave me a ‘what?’ look.

So I’ll right now like to make a public announcement... I…Cheol Ki Byul had been in love with Him for 5 years now.

‘5-5 YEARS?!’ I could hear many voices of the workers exclaimed in shock

‘5…years…’ I thought to myself also shocked.

It wasn’t possible…it wasn’t possible that she could of known Jaejoong for 5 years right?

More confusion hit me.

Was it possible… that It could have been someone else in the team that I never took notice of?

So please accept my confession.

My curiosity and anxiety was growing more and more to the point that my heart could stop.

The victim of my love is Daehyun.

‘W-What?’ I stuttered eyes wide, mouth unable to close and mind not functioning

Did she…

Jung Daehyun.

Just like that…it seemed like my mind had crashed and my heart exploded.

Location…Seoul Garden Public Park. B-bye!

I could barely hear the last line before the line went dead.

I couldn’t hear the squeals, shouts and roaring sounds of cheers in the background.

-3rd Person Pov-

the agents ignore the sounds of cheering of the workers in the background, only focusing on their leader who had froze up in pure shock.

‘You don’t think his dead right?’ Zelo stated

Youngjae rolled his eyes and walked up to the frozen statue Daehyun.

‘Yah’ Youngjae called

But Daehyun didn’t move or snap out of his frozen state

Youngjae’s eyes twitched ‘Yah!’ he called this time louder

‘Yeah… I think he died happy.’ Jongup commented nodding his head agreeing with Zelo

Growing aggravated Youngjae slapped Daehyun on the cheek hard…which earned a wide mouth drops from everyone, including the agents.

But still there was no response or a sway of movement from Daehyun

‘Yah, yah was that really necessary?’ Himchan question first to have recovered

Youngjae shrugged his shoulders ‘I thought it would get him back.’ He stated ‘but I guess I thought wrong.’

‘Is he even breathing?’ Jieun questioned

‘He can’t die right now, Byul is waiting for him.’ Sunhwa exclaimed

Hearing Byul’s name, Daehyun was brought out of his frozen state

‘B-Byul…w-what…w-why. i…I t-thought…but…Jae…’ Daehyun stuttered unable to make an understandable sentence.

‘Yah! There’s no time for you to be absorbing everything right now!’ Yongguk scolded

‘PALI go get to her!’ Hana rushed

Daehyun was still mixed up with his emotion at the very moment and was also unable to think of anything straight.

‘YAH! GET TO SOUEL GARDEN PARK RIGHT NOW!’ Everyone shouted

Daehyun mind clicked and was able to get bits of his sense back, quickly he rushed to the front entrance but was stopped by Jaejoong.

‘Hey, you can’t go there empty handed, so here’ Jaejoong said and handed Daehyun something.

Daehyun glanced down quickly at what Jaejoong had gave him and back up at Jaejoong.

A grateful and thankful smile came onto his features ‘thanks’ he said before dashing out the door and onto his motorbike.

‘Hey what did you give him?’ Hyosung asked curious

Jaejoong grinned ‘You’ll see ‘ he said ‘well aren’t we going to see how it goes?’

The agents all grinned ‘let’s go.’ they chorused

-Your Pov-

My heart was pounding hard and rapidly during the call and still now after I had hang up.

The nervousness was overwhelming, I wasn’t able to keep still so I paced back and forth. My eyes glancing at the clock that was in the park, every second that ticked by only got my anxiety raise and heart to accelerate to the point it would crash to a stop in less then a second.

‘Okay okay calm down. Breath. Breath. Just relax’ I whispered to myself to calm my raging mixed feelings down.

-3rd Person Pov-

‘Aishi where is he?’ Hyosung whispered ‘he left earlier then us and here we are here before him!’

The current situation right now…was that the agents who had went to the location that Byul had said to spy on the result of the mission. They hid behind bushes, having the perfect long view of everything that’s going to happen in the scene before them.

But as Himchan had said, Daehyun hasn’t arrived in the scene yet and the poor strategist was having near heart attack moments due to nervousness.

‘Seriously one of the two or both will die if they are behaving like this.’  Youngjae commented frustrated

‘Well just hopes he turns up quick or else SOMEONE will die soon.’ Jieun stated

- 10 minutes later-

-Your Pov-

Hope was slowly disappearing.

The police station wasn’t that far from the park, 5 minute max…and yet Daehyun did turn up.

‘He doesn’t feel the same…’ my mind told me

My heart sunk.

Slowly, disappointedly I start leaving.

First step

I hoped… I wished… he would turn up calling my name.

‘What was I thinking?’ I questioned myself

Second step

I glanced back incase he would come but saw no one.  Tears formed at the corner of my eyes.

I sadly chuckled ‘its one-sided…’ I whispered

Third step

‘Do I have to forget and move on?’ I questioned mentally

But…I’ve already fallen too deep to get out.

A silent tear trailed down

‘I don’t want to…’ I whispered ‘I don’t want anyone else---‘

VROOM

-3rd Person Pov-

-Agents-

Their hearts were pounding hard against their chest.

‘WHAT THE HELL IS HOLDING HIM?!’ Jieun silently shouted angrily

‘Aishi, his not picking up his phone’ Himchan cussed

‘Did he chicken out?’ Hana wondered

Youngjae shook his head ‘No Daehyun wouldn’t do that’ he reasoned ‘there must be a good reason.’

Agents were starting to get fed up, as Daehyun still haven’t shown up yet. What now worried them was the fact that from afar they could see that Byul was losing hope.

‘, she’s leaving’ Yongguk stated

‘Daehyun get there now!’ Every agent thought panicking and anxiously

VROOM

Their faces brighten up, as it took everything in their will power to not have danced and cheered or to jump out and punch Daehyun on the head for being so late.

There appeared in the scene was Daehyun.

‘Um...guys don’t you think we’re gonna get deep because Daehyun rode his motorbike in a public park?’ Jaejoong questioned

 ‘We’ll worry about that later.’ Hyosung stated

-Daehyun & Byul-

‘Yah, your not thinking of leaving were you?’ Daehyun questioned taking off his helmet and get off the motorbike.

Turning around Byul stared speechless of the arrival of someone he had hoped for yet also expected. There stood Daehyun, only few meters away behind her.

‘D-Daehyun.’ She stuttered in a whisper

Daehyun had a toothy smile on…but that smile turned into a light frown, when he saw her eyes were watery and a single tear had trailed down from her eyes. Calmly but quickly, Daehyun approached Byul till he stood right in front of her. Lifting up his right hand, he wiped away the tear and let his hand remained holding gently the side of her face.

‘What happened? Why are you crying?’ Daehyun asked worryingly.

Byul who was still not believing the fact that Daehyun was solidly standing in front of her could only stare at him for another minute before opening ‘your really here.’ She whispered

A warm loving smile came onto Daehyun’s features ‘Sorry I came a little late’ he apologized

Slowly processing everything, Byul face turned pink…from shyness and from little anger. She flew punches at Daehyun’s chest, punches that didn’t even hurt him.

‘A little?! You scared me! I thought you weren’t coming!’ Byul rumbled while continuously throwing weak punches at him ‘I was worried of how I’d face you if you didn’t turn up!  PABO!’

Daehyun couldn’t help but to watch Byul doing so, to him…she was adorable at this very moment, not to mention the overly warm and happy feeling was rising and spreading through his body, because of how worked up Byul was for his lateness. His smile grew 10 fold, Daehyun wrapped his arms around Byul’s waist and pulled her into a gentle but tight embrace. Byul went quiet from Daehyun’s sudden action, caught off guard and was more then happy from the warmness she received from his embrace.

Daehyun chuckled ‘Sorry that I scared you. I had to pick something up.’ He explained ‘but seriously you were really going to leave just like that?’

 ‘Like I said I thought you weren’t going to turn up.’ Byul replied

‘Cheol Ki Byul, do you really not know, of course I would show up.’ Daehyun said with a grin ‘and 5 years? Really? Why didn’t you ever confess earlier?’

Byul frowned lightly ‘Yah! You just spoiled the moment’ she pouted, letting go of the embrace crossing her arms.

Daehyun arms were still around her, not letting go any time yet.

‘So…are you accepting my confession?’ Byul questioned, looking up at Daehyun

‘What makes you think I’d be accepting your confession?’ Daehyun stated rather then questioning.

Confusion was first evidence in Byul’s eyes, before a barely noticeable sadness were in them.

‘So…his only here to reject my feelings…’ Byul thought

Not knowing what to do…or what to say, she remained silent while trying to bite down the feeling of pain and sadness or the tears that wanted to leave her eyes.

Daehyun observed Byul, seeing the confusion that were in her eyes which then changed to sadness. He knew exactly what were her thoughts, there was a small guilt feeling that he had upset her from his not right choice of words…but other then that, he smiled. A loving smile.

Taking one arm away from the embrace, Daehyun reached it into his jacket’s pocket and pulled out a small box, which Byul was unable to notice.

‘Rather then accepting your confession.’ Daehyun said, clutching the small box in his hand tightly ‘Will you accept my proposal?’

- Agents -

The spying group of agents had their breath caught in their throats

‘Accept her accept her!’ The agents were chanting quietly

‘What makes you think I’d be accepting your confession?’ Daehyun stated

The agents jaws dropped, gapping and eyes widen like the size of a plate. Aside from Jaejoong who only smirked.

‘WHAT THE F*** DID HE JUST SAY?!” the agents mind all shouted

‘Y-yah, what kind of situation is this?!’ Himchan whispered in shock

The agents all looked at Youngjae who they knew was closest to Daehyun.

Youngjae shook his head furiously ‘I had no idea what’s in his mind this time.’ He said quickly

Their eyes went back to the scene and watched with pounding hearts of what will happen next.

‘Rather then accepting your confession.’ Daehyun said, clutching the small box in his hand tightly ‘Will you accept my proposal?’

Once again the agents were left shocked and speechless.

‘Ah, you cheese ball.’ Jaejoong thought smirking and shaking his head. ‘Good on you to finally got the courage.’  

-Daehyun & Byul-

‘W-What?’ Byul stuttered thinking she had heard it wrong

Daehyun smiled ‘Will you, Cheol Ki Byul instead of becoming my girlfriend, be my future wife?’ he questioned

‘Wife…’ the word repeated in Byul’s mind…’HOLLY MOTHER #@&*^#&%*&(@’

Silence…

‘Silent means ‘yes’ you know.’ Daehyun stated with a big grin.

Opening the small box, inside were two matching rings, couple rings to be exact.

‘Must thank Jaejoong later in the future for these.’ Daehyun thought gratefully.

Holding up Byul’s hand, Daehyun slide the silver band onto her ring finger as it fitted perfectly in place.

Grinning Daehyun place the other ring in Byul’s palm ‘you have to put it on for me’ he beamed

Blinking couple of times, Byul glance down at the ring that was on her finger before her eyes turned to the matching one that was in her palm. A hand was held out in front of her, looking up at the owner of the hand, Daehyun was grinning widely like a kid who had been given a lifetime of candy supply.

With a trembling hand, Byul place the matching ring on Daehyun’s ring finger. Once it fitted and was in place, before Daehyun could even get a bare second to admire the ring on his finger…he was almost tackled to the ground, but being an agent, he was strong and had quick reflexes to get his balance back as well as wrapping his arms around the small figure that had pounced on him in a tight hug.

‘YES!’ Byul beamed grinning from ear to ear.

Daehyun laughed ‘that’s really a late reply.’ He commented, ‘Shall we celebrate?’

Before Byul could answer, sound of cheers and claps were heard, turning to their side, they saw the group of spying agents.

‘ MISSION COMPLETE!’ The agents cheered

Byul chuckled ‘thanks guys’ she said sincerely

Daehyun raised a brow ‘so everyone was all in this?’ he questioned

Himchan smirked ‘of course.’ He said proud of himself ‘who else would be able to direct the call line to yours?’

‘Who else could mess up with the speakers?’ Youngjae added

Daehyun nodded in understanding ‘I see.’ He said and turns to Jaejoong ‘thanks by the way’

Jaejoong grinned ‘no problem.’ He said ‘can’t let you go and confess to her empty handed.’

‘Yah, forget all about those useless things!’ Hana said, hands on her hips ‘aren’t you both gonna kiss or anything?’

Hearing this both Byul’s and Daehyun’s faces turn red.

‘Well?’ Jieun pressed on with a grin

‘Yeah I’m sure you both are just dying to make out with each other’ Hyosung teased

A grim or a smirk was place on each agent’s face, filled with anticipation. Byul and Daehyun backed away form the group a little, feeling slightly afraid of their friends.

‘On 3…we hit the motor bike’ Daehyun whispered only for Byul to hear

Byul gave a small nod

‘3!’ Daehyun uttered

Within a blink of an eye, Daehyun and Byul both were on the motorbike, Daehyun already starting the engine, it took a few second for the agents to have realized what the two had planned.

‘YAH YOU GUYS BETTER NOT BE DOING WHAT I THINK YOUR DOING!’ Himchan shouted angrily stomping his foot.

Before the any one of the agents could stop the newly couple, Daehyun had already speed off, leaving nothing but dust behind him.

‘Aishi that punk’ Yongguk muttered stretching his head

 -Daehyun & Byul-

The ride was filled with laugher of their success of escaping.

‘Hahaha did you see their faces?’ Daehyun questioned laughing

Byul only responded with fits of laugher

Daehyun slowed down, once he reached an upcoming traffic light, changing from yellow to red. Taking the change he was given by the red light, Daehyun turned his head around and stole a quick kiss from Byul. Byul eyes widened from the warm and soft contact that she felt from Daehyun’s lips on hers, even though it was a short and quick peck, it showed a shy passionate love emotion.

Daehyun grinned ‘Saranghae’ he confessed

A loving smile came onto Byul’s face ‘Saranghae’ she replied ‘always and forever.’

 

 

-Police Department-

‘Yah seriously how can you two just left us like that?!’ Himchan scolded

Daehyun chuckled ‘I’m the leader and I can do whatever.’ He said

Himchan pouted ‘YAH I’M YOUR HYUNG!’ he cried

The other agents shook heir head at their childish friend

‘Please act your age Hyung…’ Jongup said

Zelo laughed ‘Yeah, your acting even more of a baby then I am’ he added

Himchan face turned red ‘YAH YOU LITTLE BRATS!’ he snapped and chased the two youngest members around the room.

‘Hey I’m curious…how long have you fallen for Byul?’ Jaejoong questioned looking at Daehyun

Before Daehyun could answer, Youngjae had beat him to it

‘That er was whipped by her for 5 and a half years.’ Youngjae answered shaking his head

Byul eyes widen and dropped in surprised, but then turned her attention to her now boyfriend/fiancé with a joking glare ‘and you had the guts to question why I didn’t confess earlier?’ she stated ‘you Pabo!’

Daehyun grinned ‘ I’m your Pabo ~.’ He sang happily, back hugging Byul

‘You are so seriously whipped Leader’ The agents grinned

Daehyun smiled, tightening his embrace with Byul ‘and I’m totally fine with that.’ He declared proudly.

- The End -

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

HI guys :D

Thanks for reading Mastermind KSSA Strategist.

Thanks for subscribing and all of your comments. :D

I really apprieated it! <3