Chapter 9 - When He Lets Her Go + When He Help His Rival = His Rival Encouraged Her

Mastermind KSSA Strategist.

-Hospital-


-3rd Person Pov-


Jaejoong was taken into the emergency room, while sitting outside in the waiting room were Byul, Sunhwa, Zelo, Jongup, Jieun, Hana, and Yongguk. Daehyun, Himchan, Hyosung, and Youngjae had gone to turn in the gang leader to the government. There was silence amongst the 7 agents outside of the emergency room, they were filled with worry and concern. They couldn't do anything more then to wait for the doctors to do their job and to report them of Jaejoong's condition. The light of the room changed from red to green. The agents stood up from their seats, seeing that the emergency room opened and a doctor came out.


'The injury was nothing too serious, we had taken out the bullet…though he had lost a large amount of blood, but he'll be fine after staying and resting here for a few days.' The doctor reported


The agents all let out a sigh of relief 'Can we visit him?' Byul asked hopefully


the doctor smiled and nod 'Of course. He should be regaining conscious soon.' The doctor said


'Thank you, Doctor.' The agents thanked and bowed respectively


Entering the room, the agents were greeted by Jaejoong already had woken up.


Yongguk grinned 'Good to see your up and living.' He joked


Jaejoong chuckled and nod 'yeah, glad to be alive.' He joked back


The girls went and gave Jaejoong a hug, which he returned while as the guys patted him on the back and gave him hi-5s.
'Where's the other rest?' Jaejoong asked seeing that not the entire team was here.


'Oh they all went to turn in the gang leader to the KSSA Headquarters' Sunhwa answered
Silence took over the in the room once again.


'So…I'll be behind bars once I get out of here, right?' Jaejoong questioned breaking the silence.


The question was something that the agents would of liked to avoid, but they knew, there was no point.
'We're not sure…but that's most likely the case.' Yongguk said


Jaejoong nodded, but a grateful smile came on to his face 'That doesn't matter. I'm thankful and grateful that you guys had let me join this mission. It means a lot to me.' He said sincerely


Agents in the rooms responded to Jaejoong with a smile 'It's nothing really. It's actually really honor to have being able to work with KSSA's best and top Agent.' Jieun said smiling

Zelo and Jongup both nod agreeing

'Yeah, truthfully we've heard a lot of stories about you and all, but never heard your name or seen a picture of you.' Hana said


Jaejoong Chuckled 'you mean EX- Top and best agent.' He corrected jokingly, causing everyone laugh 'so how long am I stuck in here?'


'The doctor said you'll be in here for a week' Zelo answered


Jaejoong groaned 'It's going to be boring as hell here.' He complained


Byul smiled 'we'll probably get days off, since we've just completed a big mission successfully' She said


'SO~ We'll visit often or everyday if possible' Jongup said grinning 'And then you can tell us more stories of your missions!'

Jaejoong laughed and nod 'Sure thing and thanks guys.' He thanked

-KSSA Headquarters-


-Daehyun -


'Great work, you've all accomplished this mission very well, as expected.' The government said pleased 'but where are the rest?'


'Their at the hospital' Hyosung answered


'Have they being seriously injured?' the Government question, voice showing concern.
Himchan, Hyosung, and Youngjae shake their heads.


'No, just Jaejoong.' Daehyun answered 'others are waiting for his well-being results.'


'Knowing Jaejoong his not one to be reckless or let his guard down and knowing that Byul is the strategist that would never allow anyone to get harmed in mission…what had gone wrong?' the government questioned curiously.


The agents went silent, Youngjae, Hyosung and Himchan didn't want to reveal that cause knowing that Daehyun might get in trouble…But Daehyun on the other hand and a guilty but also an ashamed expression on.


'I was the reason for the problem and cause.' Daehyun stated


Youngjae, Hyosung and Himchan gasped silently surprised that their leader had confessed without hesitation.


'I got lost in my own rage and had taken action that was not being planned, risking myself in danger but Jaejoong had prevented that.' Daehyun explained and then bowed 'I apologize for my behavior and reckless actions.'


The government took time to take in the information Daehyun had told him and let out a sigh.


'You are human after all, and I am sure there is a good reason for what had made you do so. But there will be no more of this in the future do you understand?' The government stated


Daehyun nod 'Understood.' He replied


Youngjae, Hyosung and Himchan mentally sigh out of relief.


'Now about Jaejoong's situation.' The government said getting onto the next subject he had to tell the agents.


'About Jaejoong condemnation.' Daehyun said getting everyone's attention. 'I oppose his punishment of imprisonment.'


That said it surprised everyone, since from the beginning Daehyun was one to have asked for Jaejoong to be punished.


'Instead I would like to request that he serve under KSSA once again with us for however he may.' Daehyun continued 'I am indebt to him for risking his own life for mine. I hope you could take this in for consideration.'

Once again the other 3 agents and the government were left speechless, the government remained silent to take in mind of Daehyun's request. With no augmenting or bad point of the request, the government was pleased to approve of it.

The government nod with a small smile 'I will approve of it.' He said

'YES!' Youngjae, Hyosung and Himchan exclaimed happily

Daehyun gave a nod as a thankful gesture.

'From now onwards Kim Jaejoong will be apart of your team. He'll be place under your full command and care like the others.' The government continued 'I'll leave it for you to give him of the news.'

The agents all bowed 'Thank You.' They said sincerely

'Your all dismissed, until next further notice of missions.' The Government said

The agents nod and left the headquarters.

'Can't believe that he approved!' Hyosung said feeling very glad.

'I just can't believe that Daehyun would do something like that.' Himchan stated smirking 'so what changed your mind?'

'Like I said…he save me so I'll return the favor.' Daehyun answered

'Well this is good news for everyone!' Hyosung said smiling

Youngjae who hadn't said anything could only look to read Daehyun's thoughts and expression.

'There's something else to it…I know it.' Youngjae thought 'whatever is it…don't hurt yourself Daehyun.'

Himchan drove back to the hospital to see how everything had turned out for Jaejoong, arriving at the hospital and had asked the front desk where Jaejoong room was. They were given good news that Jaejoong was fine but will be staying in the hospital for a few days, pleased and glad with the news they quickly hurried to Jaejoong's room.
Arriving in front of the closed room, they could hear laughs and happy talking inside which made them smile, except Daehyun. Yes, he was happy for Jaejoong's well condition, but by the thought of how Jaejoong had ended in here the first place made him felt more guilt.

Entering the room, they were greeted happily by the other agents and by Jaejoong.

'Good to see you not bleeding to death' Himchan grinned

Jaejoong laugh ' Thanks for your manic driving.' He retorted

'Yes, I'm sure because of that you've gotten at least 4 speeding tickets. The government won't be too pleased to see that, you know.' Yongguk added with a grin.

Himchan rolled his eyes 'it was for saving a life, so I'll get off the hook.' He uttered

'So what did the government say?' Jieun questioned

'It's a mission success' Youngjae said smiling 'and get the next few days off until the mission comes.'

'Did he say anything about Jaejoong's condemnation?' Byul asked which got everyone to be curious.

Youngjae, Hyosung and Himchan smirked and turned to face Daehyun who had been silent 'Asked Daehyun our leader that' they said

Everyone turned their attention towards Daehyun.

'There's been a change of punishment for you.' Daehyun said looking at Jaejoong

The others who have not heard and been at the headquarters, felt uneasy.

'What is it?' Jaejoong asked

'You will be an KSSA agent again placed in our team and your placed under my full command' Daehyun said 'He didn't say how long though. So It must be up to you.'

The room was quite and silent, no one uttered a single word while trying to absorb what Daehyun had said…
'SERIOUS?!' the agents all exclaimed in shocked

Jaejoong was quite, but his eyes were widen and mouth dropped, he was more then shocked. 'W-What? But how?' he stuttered

Himchan grinned 'it's all Daehyun's doings.' He stated, which Daehyun earned another shocked and speechless look from the other agents.

'FOR REAL?!' they all exclaimed

Hyosung nod 'Yes, for real' she said happily.

'That's great!' Sunhwa exclaimed

'Your fine with that right Jaejoong?' Byul asked looking at Jaejoong.

Jaejoong was still gapping 'F-Fine? Is that even an punishment?!' he questioned

'hahaha his still in shock.' Jongup laughed

A nurse entered the room 'Sorry but visiting hours are over.' She said

'Aww…and we were about to celebrate.' Zelo whined
The agents bid Jaejoong a bye and get well quickly before leaving out the door, however Daehyun didn't and had stayed behind.

'I'd like a few minutes with him.' Daehyun said looking at the nurse.

The nurse nod 'only just 5 minutes' she said and left

The other agents stopped and gave Daehyun a questioning look

'I just need to talk to him alone.' Daehyun said 'You guys can head out first, I'll be there quick.'

None of the agents question further, only nodding and left as told.

Daehyun walked further into the room and stood beside the bed.

Jaejoong gave a thankful smile 'thank you for talking to the government for me' he said sincerely

Daehyun gave a nod 'it's nothing. It was the only way I could thank you for taking a bullet for me.' He said

Jaejoong chuckled 'don't take it hard on yourself because of that. It's an agent thing to back each other up.' He said

'Yeah. But I've been an and all. So thanks.' Daehyun said

There was a short silent that came after but Jaejoong broke it.

'There's something else isn't there?' Jaejoong questioned 'whatever it is, just say it.'

'I want you to take good care of her.' Daehyun stated, which confused Jaejoong.

Jaejoong gave Daehyun a confused look 'what are you talking about?' he asked

'I'm telling you to take good care of Byul.' Daehyun clarified

Jaejoong blinked a couple of times 'huh?' he uttered 'aren't it obvious that I will?'

Seeing that Jaejoong didn't completely understand what he had meant, Daehyun became a little frustrated.

'Yah, I'm saying that if you ever dare hurt her or upset her, making her cry, cheat on her or behind her back. I'll personally break every bone you have in your body and tear your every flesh to bits.' Daehyun threatened sternly.

Jaejoong mouth dropped 'W-What?! Hurt? Upset?...Cheat!' he stuttered completely surprised by what Daehyun had said ' You make it sound like you're her overprotective father who wouldn't let her boyfriend date her.'

Daehyun glared at Jaejoong 'that's what I meant. If your going to be with her, treat her right and make her happy.' He stated
Jaejoong raised a brow at him 'But I'm not dating her…' he said

'Not yet…' Daehyun muttered more to himself sadly.

But Jaejoong heard him and this time caught on. 'Hey, I'm telling you this now, I'm not the one that she likes.' Jaejoong said, serious.

Daehyun kept himself from scoffing 'You don't have to say that.' He said ' we both know the truth.'

Jaejoong eyes narrowed, not liking how Daehyun didn't believe him or for the fact that Daehyun didn't even seem to realize Byul's feelings.

'No. I'm telling you, whether you believe it or not. Byul really is in love with you.' Jaejoong stated

Daehyun had a bitter smile on 'I'd be lying to myself if I believed it.' He admitted 'if that love was to be anything…it would be that…I'm her friend, lucky if a family…but it's definitely nothing more.'

'Do you really believe that?' Jaejoong questioned

Daehyun nod 'It's always been one-sided.' He whispered to himself 'and it always will be.'

But Jaejoong heard it, before he could say anything, Daehyun turned his back and headed towards the door.

'You better recover fast…or she'll only worry more.' Daehyun said and left.

Jaejoong let out a sigh 'Why are things so messed up?' he questioned himself.

-A Week Later-

During those days, the agents had kept their words and came to visit Jaejoong often, Byul had practically came everyday to keep him company and leave when visiting hours were over. Even Daehyun would sometimes come to keep Jaejoong company or just have a simple conversation, but today, it was only Byul who had came to Visit.

'Aren't you glad to be leaving tomorrow.' Byul asked grinning

Jaejoong chuckled 'It's about time, I can get out of this death room.' He joked

Byul laughed 'it's not that bad.' She said

' So how are things going?' Jaejoong asked 'are you and Daehyun talking again.'

Byul went quiet hearing the question, with hesitation she shook her head 'No.' she answered

Jaejoong let out a sigh, he never did told Byul of what he and Daehyun talked about that day…but now it seemed like he had to…for both of the two blinded love birds sake.

'I think you should confess to him' Jaejoong suggested

Byul gave him a surprised look 'What? B- But his not even talking to me anymore. I don't think that's a good idea, he'd hate me more and things will only get more awkward.' She exclaimed

'I really don't think you've got much of a choice anymore Byul. ' Jaejoong stated 'and I highly doubt he'd reject you, after all his been in love with you for 5 and a half years.'

Byul went quiet and stared at the ground ' Its not possible…' she whispered doubtfully

Jaejoong face palmed 'they're both too dense to realize.' He thought annoyed

'He believes that your in love with me! That's why his being avoiding and behaved differently around you.' Jaejoong blurted out 'how could you not say that his in love with you, if that's the case.'

Byul gave him a surprised look 'huh? But why would he believe that?' she asked him

'Because you defended, worry and care for me' He reasoned

Byul gave him a funny look 'don't I give everyone that treatment?' she wondered

Jaejoong rolled his eyes 'well Daehyun isn't the person you would really consider very bright when it comes to these things…' he joked 'I could say the same for you as well…'

'If that's the case…' Byul trailed, in deep thought ' what should I do?'

'Like I said, I think you should confess to him.' Jaejoong advised

A troubled and anxious expression crossed her face, which Jaejoong knew exactly what was troubling her.

'It's 100% that his in love with you, you can even ask the others. I'm not joking or making this up.' Jaejoong assured with a warm smile

Byul was in deep thoughts…or more like coming up with a plan of how she should confess.

'well…it will take me whole to come up with something.' Byul said 'and to…gain confidence.'

Jaejoong smiled glad that Byul had decided to confess 'well just don't take too long with the plan and gathering your confidence.' He joked

Byul smiled 'I'd need everyone's help though' she said

Jaejoong grinned and nod 'Of course, just tell us and we'll do it.' He said

Byul smiled thankfully and gratefully.

-Daehyun and Youngjae-

'WHAT?! So you just gave her up?!' Youngjae exclaimed surprised from what Daehyun had shared with him, earning many funny look from people in the shop.

Right now, Daehyun and Youngjae were both in a Coffee shop, just chatting and relaxing…and that was when Daehyun felt he should tell what he and Jaejoong had talked about.

Daehyun shot Youngjae a glare, picking out a marshmallow in his hot chocolate and threw it at Youngjae 'Don't be so loud idiot.' He hissed

 Youngjae ignored the glare and marshmallow that hit his face directly and bounced off somewhere 'Yah, are you seriously really going to just give up on her and let Jaejoong have her?!' he asked

Daehyun shook his head 'I'm not giving up on her…I'm just willing to let Jaejoong date her.' He said

He gazed down at his hot chocolate, feeling down.

'I could never just stop loving her…' Daehyun added in a whisper, but Youngjae heard it.

'Why can't you just confess to her and find out her reply first?' Youngjae questioned

'I'm not going to risk having her avoiding me because she can't return my feelings.' Daehyun answered

Youngjae let out a stress sigh 'what will it take to make you believe that, honestly Byul is in love with you, just as you are with her!' he stressed feeling frustrated. 'And isn't it YOU that has been avoiding HER!? Geez Daehyun, your making things so hard for yourself, why can't you just take that risk so you can get a certain and direct answer, then you'll know what to do with yourself next.'

' I don't think I can or will I be able to handle it.' Daehyun admitted.

'You have to get hurt sometimes Daehyun. That's how you'll get stronger.' Youngjae encouraged

'There are just some weaknesses that you can never overcome or have it fixed' Daehyun retorted 'and Byul IS my weaknesses and IS my strength.'

Youngjae let out a defeated sigh 'fine, do whatever that you want.' He said 'But just don't hurt yourself, you hear me Daehyun!'

Daehyun nod 'yeah.' He uttered

- Byul -

Returning home from the hospital, she was set and still thinking hard of what and how she would confess.

'I am the KSSA strategist that can plan how to succeed a hardcore mission…BUT CAN'T COME UP WITH A STRATEGY FOR A CONFESSION?!' she snapped at herself and sulked.