Wedding

For Her

"You look pretty." her friend said.
She was dressed in a fabulous wedding dress, waiting anxiously, counting down the time, to become Eric's legal wife. 
At the same time, she seemed troubled. Aside from holding the small bouquet of flowers, her right hand was holding her handphone. Every few minutes, she would check her phone, as if she's awaiting someone's call.

"He's not replying my messages. He's not been calling me these past few months. Argh. Irritating." she thought.
"Hey, you are perspiring, calm down. Don't be nervous." her friend said as she wiped off her sweat.
At that time, someone knocked on the door. He seemed to be a dispatcher because he was holding a parcel.
"Yes?"
"I'm here to deliver something to Ms Yoon Bora." that man said.
"She's inside. Come in." her friend said.
When he saw her in wedding gown, he quickly apologized for intruding and also congratulated her.
"A parcel for you. From the US." he said.
Upon hearing it was from US, her face brightened up. She accepted the parcel and signed the invoice. The guy once again congratulated her before he left.

"From who?" she asked.
"From my beloved friend. I wonder what's inside." she said.
She proceed to open the parcel and discover there's a small tape in it.

"A tape?" she thought.
"Ya, is there any room in this church that can play the tape?" she asked her friend.
"Have, it's on the 3rd floor." her friend said.
"Lets go. Moreover, we still have plenty of time left." said Bora.

When she reached the room, she hurriedly insert the tape and play it.

"HELLLO my dear friend, Yoon Bora! I think now you are cursing me for not replying your messages or calls. I'm so sorry, but sending you this tape is good enough, isnt it? Firstly, I wish to congratulate you and Eric. Seeing you together, lovey-dovey, be there for each other all the time, I'm happy for you. You have finally found your soulmate.

Wuri Bora, I knew you since we were in high school. We fought, we joked, we teased, we experienced sadness & happiness. Now that you are going to be someone's wife, I feel kinda empty. It's like....half of me are gone. Remember the time when I need to buy sanitary napkin for you, you embarassed me so much. My manly pride are gone because of you. The time when you were crying because of your grandma's demise too, I realized we were there for each other, in almost everything. Now those were just memories. The memories that only we both knew. 

To Eric, please please take good care of her. Treat her nicely. Don't always give in to her. She's a spoilt brat, but she has a warmth personality. 

And lastly, Bora. I want to say that I love you. I love you, my dear friend.
I wish you everlasting happiness. You will always be in my prayers."


Bora was in tears and at the same time smiled as she watched the video.
"Babo, I really wish you are here right now." she thought to herself.
"Bora-ah, there's something else in the box." he friend said.
It was wrapped completely, with a small card attached to it. She unwrapped and was astonished as the gift turned out to be a jewelry box. Inside contained a pair of silvery earrings accompanied with a love-shaped pendant necklace.
Then, she read the card.
"Congratulations. I've kept my promise, right? That I'll present you something wonderful on your wedding day. I hope you like it."

"What should I do? I really don't deserve these." she said to herself, feeling all guilty.
"It's so pretty. Your friend is so awesome." her friend said.
"Can I wear these instead?" she asked.

Then, someone open the door and told them the ceremony was going to commence in few minutes time. They would need to get ready.
Meanwhile, in the waiting room, Bora felt much more composed, probably after watching the video sent by her best friend, knowing that he still care for her.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding song started to resonate the church. Eric was dressed in all black tuxedo. A lot of people attended the wedding, especially Bora's friends from high school and university. Min Woo's absence was questionable but it was not their main concern afterall. A while later, the door opened and Bora entered elegantly. As she walked down the aisle, accompanied by her father, the people at the side were throwing flowers and confettis. Her father entrusted her to Eric. He held her hand and they started to exchange vows.

At that moment, out of nowhere, a gust of wind swept across them causing her veil to lift up on its own and exposed her pretty face. She seemed to sense something but she did not know how to describe it. 
"Are you ok?" Eric asked, as he adjusted her veil.
Not to dwell on it any further, she assured him she's alright and they proceed with the exchange vows ceremony.

"I shall pronounce you husband & wife." the pastor said.

After putting on the rings, they exchanged a very passionate kiss, as people congratulated them with applause.