All for her sake

For Her

Bora dropped her phone as soon as she took the call. It was bad news.
Eric was involved in an accident.

Bora was in tears as Min Woo drove her to the hospital. At that time, Min Woo did not know how to pacify her. All he could say is "He's going to be fine." He hovered his right hand over her hands but she resisted.

"Stop saying he's going to be fine! From what the doctor said, his condition was very serious." she yelled.
During the rest of the journey, Min Woo did not utter anything.

When they reached, Eric's parents were already there. Bora embraced Eric's mum, still in tears. Min Woo was able to witness it from afar.
"Hush, don't cry." said his mum.
"I'm scared." she said.

A while later, the doctor came out.
"How's my son?" Eric's father asked.
"He lost a lot of blood. Furthermore, as the impact of the collision was too deep, it affected his liver functions and.." said the doctor.
"and what?" Bora asked.
"It's failing. We need to do a liver transplant." said the doctor.
"We have same blood type. Tranfuse my blood to him." said his father.
"Yeobo, you have high blood pressure, you can't donate your blood. You will be at risk." said his mum.
"I don't care!" he yelled.
"Calm down, what your wife said is true." said the doctor.
"I will check with the blood bank to see if there's compatible blood we can transfuse." he added.

Bora was still in tears. All 3 of them sat down, trying to calm themselves but they could not deny that Eric's life was in danger.

"Doctor.." Min Woo approached him.
"Yes?" he asked.
"May i know his blood type?" he asked.
"B." he replied.
"Coincidently, I have the same blood type. Can use mine instead?" asked Min Woo.
"Sure, follow me." he said.

Bora did not notice his disappearance because she was too overwhelmed with sadness.
Without Bora's knowing, Min Woo silently donate his blood for Eric.

"It's all for her sake. I'm willing to do anything as long as I can stop her tears." 

"What's your relationship with the patient?" the doctor asked as they started the blood transfusion.
"He's my friend's boyfriend. She loves him very much. I ought to do something for him." he said.
"Really? You are really a good friend." the doctor said.

Min Woo was generally weak after the transfusion. The doctor told him to rest for a while before going back. He entrusted that packet of blood to the nurse to tranfuse the blood into Eric.

A while later, Min Woo stood up, still felt wobbly but it gotten better later. When he reached outside  ER room he only saw Eric's parents. Bora was not there. He went to search for her, only to find her in the dark place, filled with benches. As he approached closer, he seemed to hear her mumbling. He quietly sat at the bench, as he listened to her prayers.

"God, please. I love him so much. Save him. Protect him. I wish i can do something to help him. He's someone I truly truly love. Give both of us strength so that we can overcome this. I've never believe in you before. It was until I know him, he said countless times that he believes in You. He said that You have bestowed him a very special gift after knowing me. Since he have faith in you, I would like to believe in You too."

Min Woo's eyes were teary as he listened to those words. Eric meant a lot to her, and she really meant a lot to Eric. Both were so in love. Min Woo have nothing else to say. He lost. At that moment, he felt the urge to protect these 2 people.

He got up and head back straight to the doctor's room.
"I wish to do a compatibility test. For the liver transplant." he said.
The doctor stared at him.