Guardian Angel

For Her

"Hushh, don't cry anymore." he comforted her.
"Grandma...tsk tsk" she cried.
He patted her arm.
"Your grandma is in better place right now. She won't be happy there if she sees you crying like this." he said as he wiped away her tears.

He was by her side during the whole wake. He wanted to stay by her side in any times of sadness or happiness. He did not leave her not even a second and always checked on her to ensure if she's fine or feeling unwell.

"Thank you, Min Woo-ah." she said.
He gave her a comforting hug as he her back.
"Be strong. Life's gonna get tough from now on but don't ever give up." he said.

With Min Woo's humorous personality, it's not difficult for Bora to regain her smile back.
"That's it. Smile." he said.

They went for another outing. To Min Woo, it's kind of an outing to cheer her and forget about her grandma's demise. Bora was very close to her grandma when she was alive. She spent more time with her more than her parents, who are workaholics. Whenever she reached home from school, her grandma would be seating on the rocking chair and Bora would sat beside her and both would start to talk.

"I'll go to the washroom. Wait for me." she said.
A while later, Min Woo received a phonecall from Bora.
"Why are you calling from a toilet??" asked MIn Woo.
"Min Woo-ah.. can do me a favor?" she asked.
"What?" he asked.
"Can help me buy sanitary napkin?" she asked.
Min Woo was feeling so awkward at that time. He scratched his head as he tried to find an answer to that request.
"No dispenser in the toilet?" he asked.
"If got, I would not ask you." she retorted.
He kept scratching his head.
"Umm, ok. I'll buy...umm." said Min Woo.

He went to the nearest convenience store. As he reached the sanitary napkin section, he scanned the surrounding. Nobody was there. He heaved a sigh of relief. But yet, bringing it to the counter was another awkward situation.
He brought it to the counter while he faced down, not intending to show his awkward face.
"No need to be shy. Nowadays, boyfriends does buy napkins for their girlfriends." said the cashier.
"Uhh? Oh, hahhaha." he laughed.

As he reached.
"How am i going to pass her the napkins?" he thought. He called her.
"Just come in! I can't go out like this." she said.
"You are CRAZY! Lemme think of other solutions." he said as he hung to phone.

He slowly approached the ladies. At that moment, he saw some women walked out of the washroom, he decided to ask for help.
"I'm sorry but I need your help." he said.

Someone knocked on her door.
"Miss, your boyfriend told me to pass these to you." the woman said as she hand over a big packet of sanitary napkin through the door hole at the bottom.

"She must have think I'm weird." he thought as he once again saw the woman he asked help from. He felt that she did gave him that weird glance before walking off, disappeared from his sight.
"Feel better!" she said as she emerged out from the washroom.
"Ya, don't ask me to do this kind of stuff anymore. Bring it yourself next time." he warned.
"Don't be angry, lemme treat you ice cream." she said.
"That's more I like it." he said.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Good news! I'm accepted into Kyunghee University. It has always been my dream!" she said.
"Really?" he asked, feeling down.
"Hey, whassup? You are not accepted in any uni yet? Cheer up! Surely, there's one. In my eyes, you are a genius." she said.
"Aniya, it's not that." he said.
"Then what? So, you are accepted?" she asked.
He nodded.
"Where?" she asked.
"Kyunghee." he replied as his dull face gradually changed into a cheerful face.
"Kyunghee? WHAT? REALLY? We are enrolling in the same school?" she asked.
"YES! In future, we will see each other more too!" he said.

"I don't wish to be away from you, not even a metre apart."