Bora

For Her

"Bora, I like you." Min Woo said

He confessed to her, kneeling.
"Would you accept me?" he asked.
"Stop it. Stand up now." she said.
"I won't till you accept it." he said.
"You are making me awkward!" she said.

He did not budge.

"Lee Min Woo, if you continued to behave like this, I won't befriend you anymore." she said.

"Alright, I'll listen to you." he said, feeling unhappy that he didn't get to hear any answers from her.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

During high school days, Min Woo work as a part-timer at a convenience store near his neighbourhood. He started working because he wanted to buy flowers, chocolates or any other stuff that Bora likes.

One day, after they watched a movie together, he presented her with a bouquet of flowers. He picked sunflowers because she once told him she likes them.
"Here, for you." he said.
"Lee Min Woo, why are you saving money just to buy me these flowers? You should save your money for other uses. Take it back. I don't want to accept your hard earned money." she said.
"But, it's a token of my fondness towards you." he said.
"Ya, I told you not to bring up that matter again. You are my best buddy. I only regard you as my best friend. NOthing beyond that." she said clearly. 
"You know how I feel towards you now, right? We have been buddies for so long. You have totally no feelings towards me at all?" he asked.
"We can't force it. Try to understand. Doesn't mean you are my buddy means you will be my lover. Get this clear, I have no feelings for you AT ALL. Understand?" she said as her tone began to sound louder and louder.
"Bora-ah..." he said as he held her arm.
She resisted which cause the bouquet to fell to the ground. Both watched as it fell and at that point Bora walked off in anger.


Days turned to weeks. Situation was very awkward. Although they sat beside each other, they did not talk at all. When lesson ended, either one of them would rush out of the classroom while the other took own sweet time to pack their stuff into their bags. Min Woo felt that they need to talk.
"Bora, we need to talk." he said.
Bora stood in front of him, not uttering anything at all.
"Ok, I'll give in to you. I won't bring up this matter again. Let's be friends once more. I don't want to lose a friend like you anyway." he said.
Bora glanced at him several times.
"Really?" she asked.
"I promise." he vouched.
"That's great!" she said as she gave a smile.
In return, he gave her a smile too.

"Even though I promised, deep down in my heart, I can't deny my own feelings towards you. But for now, in order not to lose you, I decided to lie to myself."