A Letter to Min Woo

For Her

"Are these flowers for me?" she asked the dispatcher.
"Yes, those flowers were purchased online through our website." he said.
"Do you mean US?" she asked.
He nodded.
"I knew it!" she said with excitement.
"Anything else?" she asked.
"Oh, there's a letter too. We personally deliver the letters. Part of our service." he said.
"Thank you!"

As she closed the door, she was jumping with joy because she received her favourite sunflowers and a letter written by her friend, Min Woo.
"Why are you so excited?" Eric said, as he saw her looking so happy.
"Min Woo sent me a letter, and these flowers! Pretty, isn't it?" she asked.
He walked to her and gave her a back hug, his chin rested on her shoulder.
"We can open that later, we have more important things to do, remember?" he said.
"You naughty little imp. At least, let me read this letter first. Please." she begged.
"Alright, alright. Lets read together. I'm sure he will write about me." he said.

"How is your marriage life? Is Eric treating you good? If not, I'll personally come down and scold him!"
"See?" he interrupted.
Bora just laughed it off.
They continued to read the letter and at some point were amused that Min Woo kept picking on Eric.
"I'm not gonna read anymore. He annoys me. AHHH" he said in an amused way.

That night, the table light was on. She was trying to write a letter to Min Woo. The floor was full of crumpled papers. Apparently, she didnt have the experience of writing to someone before.

"This is my first time writing. Bear with me and please don't laugh at the effort i put in.

Min Woo-ah, I don't know how to describe this but you are such a wonderful friend. The times you were there for me, there's no words to describe them. You are such a gem, a rare gem that I stumbled upon. Looking back, from the day we first met, till the day we graduated from university, you never lost hope on me. You are the one who always encouraged me not to look at the past and move forward.

You know that time when you confessed to me, I admit I was so rude towards you. In fact, I was feeling so guilty. A very close friend of mine likes me. I have always treated as a close friend. So when the day you promised not to bring up that matter again, I felt so relieved because I don't want to lose a good friend because of that. Meeting you and Eric has always been my luckiest moments of my life. I have always wondered how my life will be without you during my growing up years. Those years were tough but you were there by my side. You are just more than a best friend, someone who is very very important in my course of life. I'm thankful for your presence in my life. I owe you a debt of gratitude for what all you have done for me. I love you too, my friend."


Time passed so quickly. It has been 3 years. They are now parents to a son and second is on the way, whom the doctor confirmed that it was a girl.
That day, It was a breezy afternoon. They walked at the park, hand in hand, spent their quality time together happily.
"Appa, carry me." his son said.
"Aigoo, our son has become much heavier, did you feed him too much?" Eric joked.
"Appa and son is the same. Both have huge appetite." she retorted.
"Appa, I want to play that one." he pointed to the playground nearby.
"Ok, be careful. Don't run!" he said.
Both sat down at the bench beside the playground.
"Careful." Eric said as he gently tend to his wife.
"Any news from Min Woo?" he asked.
"Nope. He stopped sending me letters. The letters I wrote to him, i didn't get any reply at all." she said.
"Why he never call you during these 3 years?" he asked.
"I don't know but one thing for sure, every year on my birthday, he never fail to send me sunflowers. I reckons that he's busy right now but he has not forgotten me at all. I've faith in my friend." she said.
"No matter how he annoys me so much, I've faith in him. I'm sure, one day, we will meet him."  he said.
He held her hands as they smiled at each other.

"Thank you." she said to him.
 
FIN