'Blind Love'...?

My Love, My Target

Leeteuk’s POV

“What is this feeling?... My heart…. I felt like it’s jumping….” I kept thinking…

“Leeteuk, the movie is over… Let’s go now…” Tiffany said as she got off from the seat.

“Oh… Right… Sure… Taeye—“ I was about to say it to Taeyeon but I realized that she was dozed off.

I paused a while and looked at her face… The lights above the cinema reflect in her cheek. I could see it was very beautiful, smooth and shiny… Her eyebrows were very pretty although when she was sleeping… Her hair is dyed light brown and it is very soft…. She was a goddess in my eyes that time…. I felt that I was seeing the most beautiful human being in front of my eyes…My heart pounded faster and faster as I looked her…. Without realizing that she has opened her eyes and confusedly looked at me in the eye.

“Leeteuk? Is there something wrong? Why are you looking at me in that way?” Taeyeon asked.

“Oh… um… that is… nothing… I was just wandering why you slept because personally, I think the movie was really great… And then I turned around and saw you sleeping… I looked closer at your face to ensure me that I was correct about you sleeping…. It’s… nothing more…” I said as I tried to avoid her gaze.

“Hehehe… I guess I’m a bit tired so I fell asleep… Oh! Where’s Tiffany?” Taeyeon was surprised seeing the seat beside me was empty.

“I guess she went out first… Anyway, we should probably get going… “ I said.

“Yeah… You’re right…” Taeyeon said as we got up from our seat and went out of the theatre.

****

Taeyeon’s POV

We walked out the cinema. However, I was still curious of why Leeteuk stared at me back then.

It was very silent between us. No conversations at all. If I was to say, it was really awkward.

Until then, Leeteuk started a conversation…

“Taeyeon, would you like to buy some drink? There’s a strawberry juice stall there.” He said.

“Well… I’m quite thirsty… So, if that’s what you want, we could go, couldn’t we?” I replied.

“Welcome… what would you like to have?” The ahjumma in the stall softly and politely asked.

“Ah… Ahjumma, we would like 2 strawberry juices, please…” I said.

De… Wait for a moment, will you?” The ahjumma said while she made the juice for us.

We stood in front of the store, leaned back against the wall and saw around the mall.

“So… Where will we go after this?” Leeteuk asked.

“Well… I have no idea… I’m not in the mood of shopping so perhaps I will probably went back home.”

“Wew… But it’s only 8 o’clock in the night and tomorrow is Sunday. Means there will be no school.”

“But still… Probably my father has gone back from the police station and is looking for me…” I said.

“Oh well… Daddy’s daughter… Cannot stay out late…” He teased me as he pouted and stepped my feet.

“Ouch!” I shouted… “Haish!! Really?! You wanna play?!” I stared at him and then stepped his feet back.

“Aw….” He said and tried to step my feet again but I avoided it and stick my tongue out to him.

“Hahaha.. Fail…. You can’t fool me this time…” I as we both chuckled and laughed loudly.

We kept teasing and joked each other, without realizing that the ahjumma was smiling and grinning.

“Ehrm… 2 strawberry juices are ready!!” The ahjumma finally called us.

We turned around and paid our juices. I was about to pull out my wallet when Leeteuk paid already,

“Ah… Leeteuk, just let me pay this time…” I said as I pulled some money from my wallet.

“No… It’s my treat… I am the one who invited you here anyway… It’s not necessary for you to pay.”

The ahjumma took the money, but she had a big smile on her face.

“Yahhh…. You both looked good together. I hope you guys can long last together.” The ahjumma said.

“Oh!! It’s not like that!! We were not--- what you think we are…” I said to clarify things up.

“Hahahaha... Young people… Nowadays….” The ahjumma just smiled and gave back the change.

Since then, silent between us grew again and it was really awkward for us walking together.

However, the silent didn’t last long. It broke when a familiar voice called, or shouted I suppose.

“Guys! Guys! Over here! Come!! Quick!!” Tiffany screamed.

I then turned my face to look at Leeteuk and we were confused why Tiffany was shouting.

“Guys!! Faster!!” Tiffany screamed once again, louder this time

We were in confusion and so we walked faster towards her direction.

“What’s wrong, Tiffany? Why are you shouting in the middle of nowhere?” I curiously asked.

“Look!! There’s a special event today! It’s called ‘Blind Love’. I have read the way this event worked.”

Blind Love is a special event which is held during the Valentine’s Day. It is an event where every people, age ranging 18-30 were free to follow. In this event, every person’s eye was closed and they had to pick their ‘partner’ blindfolded. The first person a person encountered will be his/her couple partner. The couples then later were given a chance to know each other better by private conversations. Later, in the end of the event, there will be a competition and the winner couple will receive a special reward from us.

“What the… You shouted just for us to see this, Tiffany?! You’re out of your mind?!” Leeteuk said.

“Yeah… I agreed too, Leeteuk. It’s not that important and special. Besides, what does it have to do with us?” I added.

“What does it have to do with us?! Of course it do!! Don’t you think this is awesome?! What do you think? Perhaps it’s the only chance we can get close to handsome boys… What do you say if we join this event?” Tiffany asked with a very naïve smile.

“WHAT THE?!! WE?! JOIN THE EVENT?! THE THREE OF US?!” Leeteuk and I shouted in unison.

“Why were you guys so shocked… I think it’s a great idea. What?! It’s great, isn’t it? I bet this would be fun.” Tiffany giggled.

“No!! No way…” We said as we shook our head. “It isn’t GREAT at ALL.” We shouted as we widen our eyes.

“Oh, Come on!! You guys were joking, right?! Let’s not waste our time!” Tiffany suddenly grabbed Leeteuk and my arm and dragged us all the way along in front of us the registeration table.

“We would like to be the candidates of “Blind Love’… Are we allowed to join it?” Tiffany said to the person.

“May I inquire your age, please?” The person politely asked.

“Oh… I’m 24… This fine male is 25 and this young female beside me is 24 too…” Tiffany answered.

“Oh… If that’s so… then you are allowed to join this event. Oh! One last thing before you enter the backstage… could you tell me your names?’ The person asked.

“Oh… My name is Tiffany Hwang… This guy here is Park Leeteuk and this young female’s name is Kim Taeyeon.” Tiffany answered again, grabbing out arms harder and harder. We tried to pull our arms, but it seems to be a pointless effort.

“Okay… That’s all for now… Please wait on the backstage and each of you will later be given a candidate number in the backstage by our crews… If you have any further questions, you can ask crews on the backstage. Thank you for joining our event. We wish you find a suitable partner in the event.” The person said.

“At last…” Tiffany felt relieved as she let go off our hand.

“Gosh… If I know this would happen, I won’t go with you, Tiffany...” I said.

“Me too… This is very embarrassing… and now, we got to be seen by the mall visitors…” Leeteuk desperately said.

“Oh!... New candidates, please step on this way…” One of the female crews said.

“Male over there, female over here.” She said as she placed our candidate number on our shirt.

“I didn’t get to see Tiffany’s number nor Leeteuk’s number. We were separated very quickly  and were put in our respective rooms, where only me, myself in my room.

I sighed as I couldn’t do anything and just patiently waited for the event to start while sitting on the long, wooden bench inside my room.

****

Leeteuk’s POV

“Damn! I shouldn’t have gone with that crazy Tiffany girl! What the heck is this? ‘Blind Love’? Oh please… The reason I came here is to avenge my father!! But now… I was trapped in this stupid cuboid room which is only filled with a junk, wooden bench!! Such a waste of time…” I kept complaining.

I got tired of thinking what this event would be and decided to calm my mind and sat on the bench.

“Ah…. What’s taking so long for the event to begin….?” I questioned myself.

-----Flashback----

“Yahhh…. You both looked good together. I hope you guys can long last together.” The ahjumma said.

“Oh!! It’s not like that!! We were not--- what you think we are…” I said to clarify things up.

“Hahahaha... Young people… Nowadays….” The ahjumma just smiled and gave back the change.

---End of Flashback---

“Do I really look good with Taeyeon? She’s not bad actually… She is cheerful, kind, and most of all, she’s gorgeous. I have seen a lot of girls in Seoul and America… but no one is like her… She’s really something… I like the way she smiled… I like the way she blushed… I like the way she sleep…. “ I mumbled to myself, pouring all the truth and feelings from my heart, without realizing that I’ve been mumbling and thinking about.

“What the?! No way!! There couldn’t be any possibility that I fell for her… But why… everytime I tried to avoid her, I kept being closer and closer to her… and my heart… it pounds really faster and faster… everytime I try to reject the fact that she’s pretty and stuff… my heart feels it’s not right… I felt that I lie to myself… And when I saw her, I always feel more energetic, encouraged and…. Happy… Now, I even can’t stop thinking about her… what’s wrong with me? I had had this feeling since the first time I saw her face…  Do I… somehow…. Really fall for that woman?....” I kept thinking.

“Welcome to ‘Blind Date’…. We already had our candidates by now… I know some of you are already eager to see what will happen tonight and to see great, romantic couples finding what we call as ‘love’. And now… let the event begins!!!”

Cheer and applause began to rise and it showed that I have to get prepare for this event.

“Mr. Leeteuk, are you ready?” one of the crews said as she started to cover my eyes.

I just nodded my head and soon, I cannot see anything… It was an absolute dark.

“Now!! Let us call our candidates out!! And let they find their own partner!!! In 3… 2… 1…. GOOO!!!”

As the countdown ended, I went out of my room and felt myself on the stage. The crowd was shouting, some were laughing and some were clapping their hands. I started to touch things but it seemed that I got nothing… The announcer started announcing some people who have found that partner…

I was about to give up as I have tried for 5 minutes without touching even a single thing. Suddenly… In the midst of despair, I felt that I reached a female’s arm… And soon, the announcer announced to the crowd that I had got a partner. Although I felt relieved as I was able to get a partner, I became nervous of who my partner might be. She didn’t say even a single word, perhaps she felt the same things like me as well. Soon, I was brought by the crew into a spot, but I could still feel that it’s on the stage, in front of the crowd.

And now… Let us get started with our first couple… Number 22 and Number 3… Taecyeon and Yoona!!

The crowd began to cheer… although I didn’t get to see anything, but I believed that the crowd like the first couple.

And now… The second couple… Number 10 and Number 9… Donghae and Jessica!!

The crowd also cheered this time but they started the romantic and sweet whistle things… I started to get annoyed because I hate stuffs like that.

Our third couple is…. Number 14 and Number 1…. Siwon and Tiffany!!

Oh…. Great… Looks like Tiffany has met her partner… His name was Siwon… I hope he was handsome as she always hoped for… The crowd were cheering for them as well…

Oh… Wow…. There’s a special couple tonight… You know what… Since the beginning, these two never talked or even interact before… I wonder who they might be…

I was so shocked because the crew suddenly took off the handkerchief covering my eyes… meaning that the silent couple that the host meant was meant me and this…. Anonymous woman beside me.

Number 12 and Number 5… Leeteuk and Taeyeon!!

I was stunned and shocked upon hearing what the host said who my partner was…TAEYEON… is my partner..??? I assure myself and saw the girl beside me…

It was really TAEYEON…KIM TAEYEON… The girl I had always been thinking about … She widen her eyes when she saw me… I guessed she was also astonished to find out that I am her partner….

“Taeyeon…?!” I called her name, widening my eyes to assure once more time than it was really Kim Taeyeon.

“Leeteuk…?!” She called my name, widen her eyes, shocked, when she saw that it was really me…..

……

****