Chapter 27

A Thin Line between Hate and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

There are a few reported cases, where the recipients of heart, liver and organ transplants acquired some of the behaviour and emotional traits of their donors. Several scientists have suggested that organs, including the heart, kidney and liver do contain neural networks, which are self contained “brains.”

The transplanted organs may respond to people and places recognized by their donors. These responses could be interpreted as remembered memories by the recipients.

 

 


Sungjong was just finished preparing dinner in the kitchen when a laughing Soojong came running to him. Sungjong broke a smile looking at his daughter and instantly stopped washing dishes. He grabbed a cloth and dried his hands.

“Umma, umma, umma!” Soojong was still laughing and it seemed impossible for her to talk for a moment. And with that she just laughed harder.

“Hey, sweetie, what’s up?” Sungjong smiled wider, and he was actually wanted to start laughing  too even he wasn’t sure what was so funny.

After awhile that 5-year-old little princess took a deep breath and, thank God, stopped laughing. “Umma, you gotta hear this! You really need to hear this!” She was trying her hardest to keep a cool face but she barked a laugh again once she remembered about it, no such luck.

“Baby, I don’t get you. Please stop laughing and tell me properly.” Sungjong got on one knee and fixing his daughter’s hair. “Okay, so, Young is so silly. We all know Young is silly and only copying Jong but this is just sillier? Is that even a word? Sillier?”

“Yes, I guess it is, baby, it can be a word, so do continue please,” oh boy Sungjong was so ready to laugh too!

She giggled before saying, “So, appa was trying to put stocking for Jong and suddenly Jong was crying, saying he can’t see his feet, he mumbling saying his feet were disappeared and all. Seeing Jong crying, Young was crying too, asking appa to give Jong his feet back.” Sungjong let a small laugh hearing that. “And what were you doing?” he asked his daughter curiously.

“What I did? I wore Young his stocking! Both of them were crying even harder! Appa said ‘Sweets, you’re not helping at all’” Soojong imitated her father. “I pretended to find the ‘missing feet’. Of course I said, in horror, that their feet were missing most likely forever!” she added delightfully. Small, white teeth showing and her eyes disappearing because she smiled way too big.  She obviously enjoyed doing this to the boys.

“You’re so naughty. Naughty girl this one,” Sungjong pinched her nose lightly and Soojong stuck out her tongue playfully as a reply. “See, umma, that’s where you’re wrong here. I’m not naughty. Thing 1 and Thing 2 are just silly and funny and I have so much fun playing with them!” Both of them chuckled at that. “Stop calling your dongsaengs Thing 1 and Thing 2. And stop teasing them, too. You gotta watch your back or else you won’t see they coming and pay all of that back to you later.”

As Sungjong remembered, the young lady was promised to him before the twins were born to share her toys and play nice together- never thought that the boys were her toys now! Such betrayer.

“Ha ha, this big noona isn’t easy to defeat. I’m bigger and a whole lot smarter than both of them combined!” Suddenly she got a crazy idea. “Or umma, you can give me another dongsaeng, I prefer a girl thank you, and both of us can team up and the boys cannot do anything because girls’ power!” she crossed her arms over her chest and gave a confident smirk that led to Sungjong rolling his eyes in disbelieving.

Ever since Soojong could speak a full sentence when she was two, she seemed can’t stop talking. Sending her to school just made her wiser with her words. Sometimes he and Myungsoo can’t even answer to all of her questions.

“Ha ha, what do you think that you would have another dongsaeng? Not until you behave and play nice with Jong and Young first. You were promised to me and appa to be the best noona even before they were born, remember? Come on, baby. It looks like appa needs help from me.” 

“Alright, alright,” saying the little lady in singsong voice. The two were hand in hand heading to the twins’ room. Once they reached there, Sungjong was greeted by a warm scene that warmed his heart, sending warm adoring smile to his face. Myungsoo was carried both already calmed Jongseo and Youngsoo in his arms, left and right respectively, with both toddlers resting their heads on Myungsoo’s shoulders, stocking free and there was clear proof of tears stain on each other’s cheeks.

The father noticed someone was watching so he turned and saw the love of his life was smiling warmly at him, and he returned the smile with a bit proud feeling in his heart because hey he succeeded controlling two crying toddlers all by his own. He deserved an award. The best father in town.

Sungjong walked closer and took Jongseo from Myungsoo and the little boy was more than willing wrapped his tiny arms around his mother’s neck. His husband mouthed thank you and Sungjong smiled wider while replied, “You did great.”

The twins just celebrated their first birthday six months ago. For doljabi; Myungsoo’s father was putting a stethoscope, because he was a great doctor and he took pride of his work and the whole family was so proud of him, and Sungjong’s father was putting a soccer ball, the old man just loved soccer so much and have played the game enough time in his young age and still loving it - along with the doljabi traditional things such as string, calligraphy brushes and ink, food and money.

The grandmas put a microphone for Soojong’s first birthday celebration years back, and the girl did pick it up, so grandmas stayed rather cool for the twins’ this time around.

Jongseo was hesitated at first, overwhelmed with all the encouragement he got from everyone who attended his party, he was going to pick up the food. Everyone were holding their breath by that, and the baby tried to touch the brushes but turned his direction and chose the soccer ball.

Without having second thought, Youngsoo quickly picked his stethoscope in his hands.

The grandfathers were the loudest persons to cheer them both! They were so excited and carried the boys respectively and kissing them non-stop.

Young was nearly to cry but upon seeing his hyung, Jong, rather laughed his heart out receiving the kiss attack, he calmed down and laughed too. The parents smiled fondly at that, acknowledging the maknae was such a soft hearted person, and being a doctor maybe was the best for him.

As for Jong who picked up the ball, now Sungjong knew who was the culprit that loved to kick his bladder a bit too much when he was pregnant with them and required him to go to the toilet every one hour. That rascal.

Sungjong rocked his son a bit and asking, “Hey, darling. Noona said you were crying. Why you were crying?”

“I lost my feet.” Jongseo mumbled sadly on his mother’s neck. Sungjong faked gasp. “Who took them?” he asked whispery.

“I don’t know, umma. First there were here, then they were gone. I can’t see them anymore,” he reported.

“I was crying, too.” Youngsoo said without being asked. “Oh? You, too? Why, you cried, honey?”

“Jong hyung was crying. I know he was sad. I felt sad, too. So, I cried.”

“My baby boy is a nice boy,” Sungjong reached out and patted Youngsoo’s head lovingly.  Baby Young smiled sweetly, showing his dimples, copying Myungsoo, who in fact was smiling too. Copy cat. 

“So, you helped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter