Chapter 25

A Thin Line between Hate and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I love watching the stars,” Sungjong commented off handedly as he leaned back against his lover to look up at the expansive sky above him. His lips curled into a small, smooth smile as Myungsoo’s arms wrapped around him. He situated himself more comfortably against the young editor, finally resting his head on the elder’s shoulder as he gazed into the uncommonly clear night. “I can look at them and feel so insignificant. It feels like my problems don't matter anymore.”

Basically, this was the first official date they were having. The other nights were no more than their so called train dating, heading home together after a long, tiring day.

Sungjong always wanted for more, to be like other couples, like all his friends who have lovers - to enjoy every minute with each other; to be able to hold Myungsoo’s hands, to be able to hug him, to kiss him, to lose himself with him. As Myungsoo’s lover, he had the right to demand such things from Myungsoo.

Still a student and working part time, Sungjong himself was busy as equal as Myungsoo. In spite of all his fantasies, Sungjong admitted he was asking too much because he knew better. Not doing those couple things didn’t mean Myungsoo loved him less. Sungjong knew Myungsoo best and he can’t be selfish even he was allowed to.

But, tonight was different. Here he was, accompanied by Myungsoo, just the two of them, having good time together, savouring the precious moment.

Sungjong felt Myungsoo shift behind him to glance up at the heavens as well, though he knew Myungsoo’s gaze didn't linger as Sungjong felt Myungsoo’s cheek press against his own. “Insignificant?” Myungsoo murmured softly, his breath tickling his ear as he spoke. “You're anything but.”

A soft laugh fell from Sungjong’s lips and he closed his eyes for a moment before turning his head slightly, not nearly enough to impede his view of the star dotted night, but just enough to feel his lover’s bangs brush against his temple. “Then what am I?” Sungjong asked, a playful edge to his voice as his smile widened.

“What are you?” Myungsoo repeated, his voice still soft, but b with thoughtfulness as he turned slightly, pressing a chaste kiss against Sungjong’s cheek. “You're mine,” he answered plainly and simply. “What else could you possibly be?”

Sungjong laughed out loud at that, unable to hold it in, but it didn't matter because he could hear his lover’s soft chuckle in his ear as well. It was a simple answer and, honestly, Sungjong didn't mind being defined as such.

Ever since their families decided to join as one, Myungsoo had always said those three magical words again and again, without tired. ‘You’re cute, I love you’, ‘You’re late, I love you’, ‘You drive me crazy, I love you’ – sometimes, Sungjong got this insecure feel that being loved by Myungsoo now and unloved by Myungsoo later. It may be stupid, seeing Myungsoo genuinely so much in love with him, but he can’t help it.

Swallowed down the fear, Sungjong knew it was only Myungsoo for him and he will always loves Myungsoo, no matter what will happen in the future. Sungjong just want to be with Myungsoo. And he had to put his trust on Myungsoo too.

Sungjong settled back against Myungsoo, still grinning broadly, but by this point it was an impossible feat to keep the smile from his face. “I love you,” Sungjong murmured softly, gently, his voice full of meaning and emotion as he felt the elder’s arms tighten around him, enforcing his embrace.

“I love you too,” Myungsoo returned easily. Sungjong knew how Myungsoo felt; there wasn’t the shadow of a doubt left within the younger male. He knew where Myungsoo’s heart was, he knew that he held it. That made him absolutely happy.

But he was in a playful mood, so Sungjong cocked his head back, meeting Myungsoo’s gaze, smiling when his brow arched in question. “Prove it,” Sungjong demanded softly. “Scream it to the world.”

Sungjong felt, rather than heard, Myungsoo’s soft hum of consideration as one of his hands left his waist. He didn't notice where it went because he was too distracted as he felt his lover’s lips brushing against the shell of his ear in a ghost of a kiss before Myungsoo whispered so softly and so surely, “I love you.” He sealed the murmured sentiment with a short, but passionate kiss after he had tipped Sungjong’s head back with a gentle nudge to the chin with his hand.

The kiss lasted only a moment before Myungsoo broke it and turned his gaze towards the moonless night, leaving Sungjong confused. “Why'd you whisper it?” Sungjong asked, his confusion evident in his voice as he tilted his head at an awkward angle to be able to see Myungsoo.

He watched as Myungsoo’s lips curved into a small smile. “Because,” Myungsoo answered simply before looking down at him. “You're my world.” The explanation shocked Sungjong, his cheeks flushing at it, but he didn't dispute it. He knew Myungsoo meant what he said, even if his words had a tendency to make him flush.

Myungsoo chuckled softly in response to Sungjong’s reaction and, once again, Sungjong felt the laugh rather than hear it. “That's what is so damned cute about you,” he teased, glancing down at him before letting out another laugh at the pout he found staring at him. “But the flush can also be very y in certain situations.”

Sungjong knew bait when he heard it and he realized he was probably playing right into something that Myungsoo had planned out, but that was alright. Playing the part of any other unsuspecting pray, he nibbled at the bait Myungsoo laid out for him. “What situations exactly?” Sungjong asked curiously, though his voice betrayed the fact that he knew exactly what his lover was talking about, but he so obviously liked where this conversation could lead.

Both of Myungsoo’s hands left Sungjong’s waist this time, slipping underneath his t-shirt, his fingertips skated across the younger’s warm, milky white skin. “Hm,” Myungsoo hummed in reply as he leaned down again, his lips bypassing Sungjong’s, instead pressing against the skin of his neck. He pressed a trail of feather light kisses along the base of Sungjong’s throat, coming to his ear before he gently at the spot behind its shell.

“I could show you better than I could tell you,” Myungsoo murmured against his ear before the lobe sensually, drawing it between his teeth before nibbling at it playfully.

A sharp, surprised gasp fell from Sungjong’s lips at the playful nip, and he tilted his head to the side in silent encouragement, his body shaking with the anticipation of Myungsoo’s touch, his mind alive with the desire of his lover's hands on him. “Show me, Myungie,” the demand was soft, barely above a whisper, but Myungsoo was quick to comply, both of his hands sliding to the hem of Sungjong’s pants, his fingers brushing over the button before undoing it.

However, Myungsoo stopped half way. He stared down at Sungjong’s puzzled look. “I have something more important to do.”

Sungjong pushed Myungsoo slowly. “Don’t get me wrong. This is important too but we both have promised to wait until we got married and--” Myungsoo reached in his pocket and pulls out a small black box. He hung his head low, eyes on the box, fingers playing with it. He cleared his throat before saying, “I think I owe you something. I mean, I know I owe you something. I can tell you’re sulking with me these past days--”

Sungjong was surprised when he heard that. He was sure not to be obvious and kept it under radar.

“You may not say it or even show it but I know you are. Whenever you smile, I can see the sadness in your eyes and you’re not talk much, not as much when we were still friends. I can feel you’re not happy until one day you sighed greatly next to me when you saw the couple in front of us in the train talking about how perfect their date that day just like the other days, and I know the problem is me,” Myungsoo smiled a bit and titled his head, meeting Sungjong’s eyes.

“I’m sorry we can’t be exactly like other couples-”

“Myung, it’s okay, I understand-”

“I’m sorry I can’t be perfect enough for you. I’m sorry I’m lacking in any way-”

“No, you’re not. You’re everything that I want. You’re perfect for me.”

Myungsoo’s left hand found Sungjong’s right hand. He squeezed it lightly and brought it near to his lips to give a tender kiss on Sungjong’s knuckles.

“I should make people jealous at my lover’s happiness, not the other way around. I’m sorry,” Myungsoo repeated his apology. He just felt not even millions of sorry would be enough. Myungsoo quickly cut Sungjong from saying anything because he knew Sungjong would answer him that he was okay, once again. “No, don’t say you’re okay because you’re not and I’m here to blame and you.. you are just being the most understanding person ever-”

“Your apology is accepted,” Sungjong beamed. Myungsoo’s heart expended. “God, where could I ever have to find someone like you as mine-”

“What? You’re planning to find someone to replace me?”

“No! No, that’s never going to happen, ever. Ow, I hate it when words can be tricky.” Sungjong chuckled softly. “And I’m yours, as long as you want me. Or even you no longer want me, I’ll continue to love you-”

“You know that won’t happen, right?” Smiling, Sungjong nodded. “Is it the time for me to stand up or something?” Myungsoo let out nervous chuckles at Sungjong’s question. 

“Sure, please.” Sungjong stood, completely happy and giddy while Myungsoo got down on his knee. He exhaled a sharp breath and shook his head. “Aw, don’t be nervous,” Sungjong teased, biting his inner cheek to prevent from laughing. Myungsoo was looking so cu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter