Chapter 20: part I

A Thin Line between Hate and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Two years. Two years, four months and three days, Woohyun was looking for Sunggyu at every single possible place he might be. Woohyun would stop every single human being who passed him, trying his luck asking either they knew Sunggyu’s whereabouts or not. If possible, he would ask every single soul he could find. He almost looked like a crazy man but he didn’t care much about what people might think about him. People loved to talk. They will stop when they eventually tired. So, Woohyun just let them be.

Woohyun even tried his skill in drawing. Since he didn’t have any Sunggyu’s photo, so he drew Sunggyu’s portrait instead. He tried. He would put every detail on Sunggyu’s handsome, flawless face. He didn’t want to forget. The short encounter with Sunggyu gave Woohyun so much to remember. Woohyun did everything that were used to do; eat Sunggyu’s favorite food, sing Sunggyu’s favourite song, watch Sunggyu’s favourite show, use Sunggyu’s favourite brand, laugh like Sunggyu always do, smile like Sunggyu always do - just to feel that Sunggyu was around him.

He promised himself he won’t stop what he was doing till he saw the dead end with his own eyes. He had a lot to prove, to confirm. And if he did get stuck, he’ll just wait for the better luck. And if it never came, he’ll just make it up as he had to keep going strong. A little lie won’t hurt, much.

True. Sunggyu had said his goodbye to him but Woohyun didn’t. He didn’t reply Sunggyu’s goodbye. That small faith in his heart said it wasn’t a separation. Woohyun believed.

Every day was a countdown till the day he and Sunggyu meet again. It was getting near and closer. At least, that was what Woohyun felt even honestly, he wasn’t sure if Sunggyu was the same.

Woohyun swallowed slowly and his glassy stare lowered to the floor. He was desperate. He can’t deny that his searching seemed hopeless. A small voice inside his mind was telling him to give up, to surrender, to let go.

To let his love go.

To let Sunggyu go.

To let the memories go.

To let the feelings go.

To let everything in between go.

But Woohyun couldn’t do that as he got this one principal of life; the one he held ever since.

Life's not a movie, so don't wait around for someone else to write you a happy ending.

Yes, he wished for a happy ending. That was why he needed to find Sunggyu, he must to find Sunggyu, he have to because Sunggyu was holding his happiness. And he wanted that. The happy ending. He wanted Sunggyu.

For the past two year also, the younger Nam found himself fond the night time because when he closed his eyes, the miles between him and Sunggyu melt away. Because when he was dreaming, they didn’t seem so far; like he was in Sunggyu’s arms at the end of the day.

The night brought Woohyun close to Sunggyu.

The night gave Woohyun the chance to pretend Sunggyu was beside him.

It was enough for Woohyun to know they were lying beneath the same moon. All it took was to imagine Sunggyu so that he can get through one more long and lonely day.

“What would make you think that I’m going to be fine? I won’t, Gyu. I won’t be fine. You have left me wondering, fearing, doubting, losing my mind; missing you like someone tore out half of my soul.”

Woohyun learned that the next day after their moment they had shared together, he couldn’t reach Sunggyu. No matter how much he tried, but it said it was out of service. At first, he was devastated. He felt betrayed. He felt he was being cheated on. He felt he was being used to. He threw his phone. He threw his mug. He threw his pillow. He threw the bed lamp. He threw everything that his hands could reach, leaving his room completely in mess after awhile.  He called Sunggyu with names. Woohyun can’t remember any day if he had ever sworn that much as he did that day.

“God, why are you such a ing I hate everything about you can you just build a bridge and ing jump off of it so I can have my life back?!”

Then he stopped. He started to cry. He cried really hard. Sight blurred. Shoulders were shaking. Hands were trembling. Lungs were insufficient with oxygen. Woohyun wasn’t sure if he mad at Sunggyu or he mad at himself more. He called himself with the names he came out for Sunggyu.

Stupid Woohyun.

Fool Woohyun.

Silly Woohyun.

Woohyun loved Sunggyu so much. That was no joke. That was the fact. He really did and he also believed it was mutual at first because Sunggyu made him to believe that way. But, he was wrong. And when he realized, he was late.

Just he was about to get hold himself, the next thing he learned was his best friend, Sungyeol, was gone.

Sungyeol took his own life.

Sungyeol wanted to save Sungjong’s dying husband.

Sungjong.

Lee Sungjong.

Sunggyu’s cousin.

Woohyun started to rage for second time in less than 24hours as his tongue slip Sunggyu’s name unintentionally.

“What’s wrong with that ing family?! What the hell is wrong with the cousins?! Were they made to make people suffer?! Were they born to up with people’s life?! Was that in their blood?! Screw you, Kim Sunggyu! Screw you too, Lee Sungjong! Screw your family! Screw all of you!”

Self-loathing, anger, hate, questions of ‘why did this happen to me?’ all of this rockets around inside of his head without relent. The scars, the wounds- Sunggyu’s leave and Sungyeol’s death- were tearing him a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter