Breathe

The Hostage.

Kibum sat down at the grand table, waiting for the food. Jonghyun gave him a smile.

"I have to go for some work right now." he said.

"O-Ok." Kibum didn't want him to leave though. But telling him that would just be creepy.

Jonghyun got up from his seat, still staring at the boy. The boy was so cute! He couldn't get over it!

"Bye."

"Bye." Kibum said softly, giving him a small wave. Jonghyun walked out of the room, leaving a scared Kibum all by himself.

The cook came in, and placed a dish of fish in front of Kibum. Kibum yelped at the eye on it, but calmed down. I'm such a child..he thought.

A young female maid came in, smirking at Kibum.

"Hah, I don't even know why Jjong is treating you so nicely. I mean, you are ugly, and you don't even do anything here." she spat, in a nasty tone.

Kibum looked down, tears forming in his brown eyes.

"I should be the one he talks about. Instead, he always has to look at your horrendous face. He must be in his room throwing up right now,"

"..." Kibum didn't say anything.

"Oh wait! I remember what your job was here! You're a  slave right? ."

"P-Please stop." Kibum said.

"You can finally speak?! Wow.." she clapped her hands sarcastically.

"Stop.."

"Stop what? Telling you the truth?"

Kibum shakily got up.

"Stop!" he said a little bit louder, but not very loud.

"Aww little baby is getting scared? To bad Jonghyun--"

Slap.

Kibum hit the girl across her cheek, leaving a red mark. Footsteps ran into the room.

"Kibum what--"

Jonghyun stared at the scene. A maid and Kibum, standing up, the maid's cheek was red from the slap, and Kibum looked at her angrily. Anyone could misunderstand.

"What are you doing?!" Jonghyun raised his voice, running over to the maid.

"H-He hit me sir..I don't even know why." the maid said, fake tears rolling out of her eyes. "I think the f-fish wasn't good enough."

"Kibum? Explain!" Jonghyun looked at the shaking boy. Kibum met his eyes cautiously, afraid to look into them.

"I-I didn't--"

"I can see the red on her cheek. Please, tell me the truth."

"I a-am, master..please believe me. She w-was badmouthing me."

"Were you?"

"N-No! Of course not sir! Why would I?! He is beautiful in every way!"

"Kibum..please. Please just tell me." Jonghyun pleaded.

Kibum felt like crying, breaking something. Instead, he sighed.

"I-I did slap her. T-The fish was not good enough." he forced out.

"Wow Kibum. Thank you for admitting it. I'm dissapointed." Jonghyun looked at the boy, his anger calming down. The maid was very important to him, she had been with him throughout his life, they grew up together.

"S-Sorry."

"Sorry wont do. You need a punishment," said Jonghyun, and the boy winced "no food. Also, stay in your old room for today..I'm getting a new one ready soon."

Kibum smiled meekly, he was used to no food. He bowed to his master, nodding his head.

"Your wish is my command"

But if Jonghyun had looked closer, he would've noticed the fish hadn't even been touched...Kibum couldn't have said it was bad.


Kibum's stomach grumbled in the dark room. He sighed, he had made a bad impression on his master on the first day. He wiped away forming tears.

"Don't cry Kibum..Don't cry.." he chanted to himself, keeping his calm.

Jonghyun had finished his work, and he was heading down to Kibum's room..to give the boy food. Yes, he said Kibum couldn't have it, but he couldn't bear to see that sad smile on the boy's face. Jonghyun was a softie for cute things.

Kibum's chants soon gave away, he let loud a soft sob, tears soaking up his suit.

Jonghyun walked in front of the bars, ready to open the door when he heard Kibum crying. He was surprised, and felt a jolt of guilt hit him.

"Don't cry Kibum..Don't cry.." Jonghyun could hear Kibum chanting from the bars.

Jonghyun quickly opened the bars, running to the boy's side. 

"Kibum! Don't cry! Please!" Jonghyun said. Kibum yelped in surprise seeing the man next to him. Jonghyun wrapped his arm around the other's shoulders.

Kibum squeaked a bit at the touch, trying to slow down his tears, but hiccuping every few seconds.

"I brought you food. Here." Jonghyun held out a plate. Kibum looked at his generous master with glossy eyes.

Kibum wrapped him in a hug, and Jonghyun froze. The sudden movement caused tingles to run through his skin, and warmth to spread through his body. The cold air in the room dissapeared around the two. 

"T-Thank you...mast--"

"Jonghyun. Call me Jonghyun." Jonghyun said, surprised to see his voice not shaky.

"..." Kibum let go, and looked at Jonghyun with shining eyes. He hadn't been so happy in a long time. Jonghyun held out the plate for Kibum, and the starving boy took it gratefully.

Jonghyun then realized how thin the boy was.

"Wow, you're so thin!" Jonghyun exclaimed, while the boy was eating. Kibum finished his food.

"T-Thanks mast..Jonghyun."

Jonghyun smiled. Kibum suddenly felt the coat of his suit being pulled off, and he jumped a foot in the air.

"W-What are you doing?!" he questioned softly.

Jonghyun then ed the others' shirt.

"Jonghyun! W-What?!" 

"Shh.."

Jonghyun finished the last button, and opened the shirt.

Gasp. A shiver ran through his body.

There were scars everywhere, some new, some healing. Kibum's stomach was as thin as a sheet of paper, and Jonghyun could clearly see bones poking out.

"Oh my god.." Jonghyun stared at the boy. Jonghyun ran his fingers over the scars, and Kibum winced. They were ugly, very ugly, Kibum was so ashamed of them. 

"D-Don't look." Kibum said, moving Jonghyun's hands away. Jonghyun didn't budge, instead he grabbed onto Kibum's hand with his free one and pushed him onto the bed.

"Let me go get some medicine. Don't. Move."

Jonghyun ran as fast as he could, finding the first-aid box in no time. He ran back to the room, and opened it next to a shaking Kibum. He carefully placed ointment on Kibum's wounds. Kibum gasped slightly in pain, and covered his mouth to stop the sounds from coming out.

"Shh..almost done." Jonghyun said, as he applied the cream to the last scar. Kibum nodded, tears in his eyes from the pain. Jonghyun closed the box.

"All done." Kibum sighed in relief, and got up. He started to button his shirt back up but Jonghyun stopped him.

"Not yet, wait till it dries."

Kibum obeyed, awkwardly leaving his shirt open. Jonghyun couldn't help but stare at the white porcelian skin the other had. Apart from the scars, the boys skin was flawless.

"How about your legs?" Jonghyun asked suddenly.

No..no.

"Theres nothing there. Nothing. None." Kibum said, not wanting to show Jonghyun the abuse hid private areas had been through. His thighs shook slightly, and Jonghyun put a soothing hand over them.

Kibum winced, the scars were healing from his old masters' abuse.

"Kibum.." Jonghyun noticed the slight pained face.

Jonghyun forced the boy down once again, zipping down his pants.

"No! Please! D-Don't look over there.."

"I'm not going to you."

. That word.

Memories of abuse went through Kibum's mind, chilling him to the bone.

Jonghyun pulled down the others' pants slowly.

Kibum let out a shriek.

"DON'T ME!" he screamed, his voice breaking.

Jonghuyn looked up at the other with worried eyes. 

"Don't t-touch me! Please! Don't me again!"

"Again..?"

Kibum thrashed on the bed, trying to get his pants back on. Jonghyun didn't budge. He was too busy looked at the scars that ran down Kibum's legs.

Kibum cried now, loudly, trying to get Jonghyun off. Jonghyun jolted back to reality, letting go of the hem of Kibum's pants.

Kibum frantically pulled them up once more, looking at Jonghyun with frightened eyes.

Jonghyun had nothing to say. Instead, he pulled Kibum's head down, placing a kiss on his forehead.

"I won't ever, ever someone like you. Ever."

 

3rd chapter finished! 

Comments are always appreciated <3