Escape

The Hostage.

I'm updating <3 Finally :) I'm sorry for the hiatus and emotional drama :P Hope you enjoy the chapter


The next few days, the mansion was quiet. Everyone went about their business, Jinki dropping in from time to time to talk with Kibum. To Kibum, Jinki was like a brother. He was caring and kind, he understood his suspicions and doubts.

"Jonghyun is hiding something from me. I'm sure of it."

Jinki sighed. He himself knew what Jonghyun was hiding, but he didn't dare say a word.

"Why do you say so?"

"He's been avoiding me nowadays. I'm not sure why, but whenever he looks at me he starts tearing up. I've asked him countless times about what is wrong with me and stuff like that, but all he gives me is a nod or a lame 'you are fine'. You know him well hyung, you probably know why he's hiding stuff from me."

"Frankly speaking, I've only known Jonghyun for four years. It hasn't been that long. He really doesn't share anything with me, yet he calls me his best friend. I'm not sure why he says so, but I don't actually know a lot about him." the other lied, heart clenching in guilt.

"Thanks anyway hyung." Kibum said with a sigh, tears forming in his eyes.

"It's fine."


"Hey Jinki, how is Kibum?" Jonghyun asked as he stepped into the house after a long day of work.

"He is fine, I guess. He said he went out."

"Went out? Where?"

"I'm not sure. He was talking about some hospital or something--"

"Hospital? Why? It can't be.." Jonghyun's eyes widened.

"Wait a second Jonghyun.." Jinki said, his eyes also going big.

"Did he go to check his reports?!" Jonghyun said, voice filled with shock.

"Holy .."

"Bye Jinki." Jonghyun said, waving his hand and rushing out the door.


He reached the hospital, his heart thumping wildly in his chest.

He went up to the front desk and the lady batted her eyelashes.

"Hi, did you see a blonde boy walk in? Thin and pretty, with feline eyes?"

"Yes sir, he came in a few minutes ago."

"Where did he go?"

"I'm afraid I can't tell you that information, sir."

"I'm his guardian."

"What's your name?"

"Kim Jonghyun."

"Hmm..is his name Kim Kibum?"

"Yes, that's him!"

"I need to check your driver's license please."

Jonghyun sighed, rolling his eyes. He pulled it out and handed to the lady.

"Alright, he went to room 145, to the left." she said, pointing.

"Thank you so much."

The boy ran down the hallway and knocked on the door. He opened it and found Kibum sitting there, talking to the doctor.

"H-Hi Kibum. Hello doctor." he said with a respectful bow.

"Jonghyun-ah! Sit down, sit down!" the other said, a grin plastered on his face.

"Right." 

"We were just discussing Kibum's condition and the precautions he had to take. We're almost done."

Kibum nodded, and gave Jonghyun a saddened smile. Jonghyun's heart broke into a million pieces.

"So basically Kibum, you should be fine for a long time, just keep on taking your pills. Stay strong, k?"

"Yes doctor. Thank you so much." Kibum said, getting out of his seat without sparing Jonghyun a second glance.

"You're welcome."


As the couple walked out of the building, tiny raindrops started to fall on the parking lot.

"Hey, Kibum?"

"Don't talk to me Jonghyun. I have nothing to hear, and you have nothing to say," Kibum whispered, walking away from the other.

"I do have something to say."

"Well I don't have the heart to hear it, and you're not going to force me." he said, stopping in his steps.

Raindrops fell rapidly now, soaking their clothes and hair. 

"Kibum, please?"

"You lied to me. You ing lied to me about such and important problem! Why?!" Kibum yelled, finally turning around. His eyes were glazed with unfallen tears.

"Because I didn't want to hurt you. I'm sorry, really sorry Kibum."

"You've hurt me more, since you lied to me. If I had found out in the first place, I wouldn't have been this angry!"

Kibum walked up to the other, raising his hand and giving a small slap on the face. Jonghyun was completely caught off guard, eyes wide.

"I hate you so much, bastard." Kibum said, rain mixing with his salty tears as he wrapped his arms around Jonghyun's waist and nuzzled into the other's neck. Jonghyun finally let out a soft smile in what seemed like ages.

"I love you too." 

Kibum just sniffed in response, burying his head even more into the tanned skin.

Jonghyun patted the other's head, sighing.

He then decided that he was going to make Kibum the happiest person alive for the last years of his life.

"Kibum, let's go home."

The other looked up and smiled as well, nodding.


They walked inside to find a worried Jinki pacing around the living room.

"Omigod Kibum!!" he yelled, flying towards the two with his arms wide open. Jonghyun moved the younger to the side, and chuckled when Jinki's arms met air.

"Hi hyung."

"Kibum-ah I'm so sorry!" the other said, bowing a few times.

"It's ok hyung."

He finally squeezed the other into a tight hug, and Kibum awkwardly patted his back.

Jonghyun watched the scene with amusement.

"Alright Jinki, that's enough." he said, as Jinki started to cry softly into the other's shoulder.

"Sorry Jonghyun." he said, smiling and letting go of Kibum. He wiped his tears.

"I'll go cook something yummy for you guys, ok?"

"Thank you--"

Bang.

Someone was knocking on their door, loudly and forcefully.

"Who is it?" Kibum asked in a shaky voice.

"It's the KNPA. Open up, sir." a voice boomed.

Jinki and Jonghyun both froze.

"Kibum, come with me." Jonghuyn whispered, pulling him by his wrist. He pulled him behind a couch they hid.

"Open up now or I'll have to break the door down myself!"

Jinki walked to the door and opened it up, putting on a cheerful smile.

"Yes?"

"Does someone by the name of Kim Jonghyun live here?"

"No sir, I don't know what you're talking about."

The officer put a gun to the other's head.

"Tell me the truth."

Kibum squeezed Jonghyun's hand tightly, covering his mouth.

"I'm afraid I am telling the truth. I'm sorry sir." Jinki responded, surprisingly calm. His fists were clenched behind his back.

"We'll have to search the house, Mr..?"

"Lee Jinki."

"Alright. We'll have to search."

The officers went upstairs their boots clomping loudly.

Jonghuyn pulled Kibum out of the hiding spot and raced towards the back door.

"Get in the car, don't move. I'll be there in an instant." Jonghyun told him, nodding towards Jinki as well.

Kibum bit his lip, but obeyed. He flew out of the house, Jinki on his heels.

Inside the car, they couldn't see anything except for shadows.

And then the house went up in flames, and Kibum let out a silent scream.

"J-Jonghyun?!" he whispered, looking at Jinki with wide eyes.

"Don't worry."

And just like the chef had said, Jonghyun ran out of the house with his keys. He scrambled into the car and turned it on.

They drove off, flames the last of what remained of Jonghyun's house.


Comments are always appreciated <3

I love this song :) KNPA stands for Korea National Police Agency :P