Faint

The Hostage.

For the next days, all Kibum could think about was escape. Every second of the day he had to be on his toes, ready to break out into a dead run at any given time and place. He could tell the other two were in the same state of mind, when Jinki was nervous he would bite his nails and Jonghyun would breathe heavily.

It seemed like they had been driving at eating the tasteless cup ramen for years, and when Jonghyun decided they should change their whole identities, Kibum was actually excited.

"We need to get new names. Um.."

"My pet name at home is Onew." Jinki muttered.

"Do many people call you that?" Jonghyun asked.

"No, only my mom and sister."

"Well Onew Lee it is. Kibum?"

"I'll go with Key."

"Trying to make it sound foreign, eh?" Jinki, now Onew said with a greasy raise of his eyebrows.

"Shut up." the other responded with a roll of his eyes, much unlike himself.

"I'll change my name to--"

"I think you should keep it the same. I mean, even if you change it, they'll recognize you in a split second." Onew suggested.

"True, true. Alright, let's go get Kibum's--I mean Key's documents at the Bucheon City Hall." 


It turned out that the trio had been looked for all over the city and district, because next to the Hall was a big sign with Jonghyun's face plastered on it.

"Now what do we do?" Onew said with a sigh.

"That's what hoodies are for." Jonghyun said with a smile.

"You really think they won't recognize you with a hood and sunglasses?" Onew said with a laugh. "Come on Key, Jonghuyn--you wait outside."

Jonghyun visibly shrunk in his sweatshirt, but nonetheless nodded. "Be back soon. I'll stay in the car. Just look at the tracker on your phone. You'll find me." he said to Onew.

Onew nodded and beckoned Key closer. The shorter nodded, and they made their way into the Hall.

The first obstacle they met with was right at the front doors. Suddenly, their pockets were completely empty and they were having a full body check.

"Name?" a guard asked.

"Lee Jinki."

"Kim Kibum."

The other looked down at a piece of paper after scrutinizing the pair. He nodded. "You may enter."

The second obstacle was the lady at the front desk. She had to be the most annoying, disorganized person they had ever met, complimented with a annoying mouse-ish voice.

"Wait, what are you here for again?" she asked for the fifth time.

"We want to change our names, but we need some legal documents for it. Do you know where we could find them?" Onew said, getting irritated.

"Ah, it's the door right over there." she said.

"You really need to be fired." Kibum muttered softly as they were leaving. He didn't miss the surprised face the lady had sent him, but took it with a smug smile.

The third, and final obstacle was the strict man in the office. He had stared at them for at least five minutes before giving them the documents.

"You're both very good-looking." he said, giving them a look similar to a pedo's.

"Thanks, but we really have to hurry. Thank you so much." Onew said with a quick bow. He dragged Key out quickly while mumbling half-coherent swears under his breath.

"Well, that was a hassle. Let's go find Jonghyun."

Key nodded. 

In less than five minutes, the Key and Onew were piled into Jonghyun's car once more.

"Nothing happened, right?" Jonghyun said, still covered by his hoodie and large sunglasses which (by the way) were unproportional to the rest of his face.

"Nope, we're all safe."

"Good. Key, you okay?"

"Y-yeah."

"You look really pale." Jonghyun said, bringing his face up to the other's. Key visibly flinched back.

"S-Sorry, I'm feeling really sick suddenly."

"You have a fever." the other said, touching Key's head lightly.

"My throat isn't feeling too well either." Kibum said, eyes suddenly rolling to the back of his head.

"Hey, hey! Don't go all unconcious on me." Jonghyun pleaded.

"I'm feeling so tired. I..I want to sleep. Jjong I just want to--" and then the other fell back on his seat in a deep sleep.

"Key!" Jonghyun said, and Onew started to call a hospital.

"W-Wait. We'll be caught if we call the hospital." Onew whispered.

"These..these are symptoms that his HIV is starting to kick in." Jonghyun realized, recalling that the doctor said the other would experience what would feel like "the worst flu ever." for another week or two.

"He's been working too much since he became fainted the other day. He needs to rest." Onew said. 

Jonghyun nodded. "Can you get him some Tylenol or something?"

"Sure, the pharmacy is right across the street. I'll be back. Take care of him." the other said with a nod. He clambered out of the car, and made his way to the pharmacy.

Jonghyun climbed to the back seat, placing the other's head on his lap. He gently played with the other's hair as he slept.

A hand made it's way to Jonghyun's fingers as Key muttered a small "Jonghyun."

"Are you awake?" Jonghyun whispered. 

No response was heard. Jonghyun sighed, resuming his combing.

"You worry me too much. Seriously, you need to stop fainting on me. It gets me worried sick." Jonghyun whispered to the sleeping boy. 

He placed a chaste kiss on the other's lips, lingering for a second or two.

"Get better. I need you with me."


Wow, it's been so long. I bet half of you don't even remember this story, and I have to admit, I forgot about it as well.

But I'm back, as excited as ever to rerun this story. After my long hiatus, I'm ready to please your Jongkey feelings once more :)

Thanks for waiting for so many months. You guys really are the best. 

~shawol201

Comments are always appreciated <3 

P.S. I had this song on repeat while writing this chapter :) Onew's voice sounds so magical *sigh*