Second Flower

Yoon Ji Hoo Over Flowers {HIATUS}

A student comes in and shouts, “Its F4” and as if it were a fire drill, the students fill out. Ginger, Miranda and Sunny are still standing there. “Come on Devan, let’s go.” Ginger tells me. Sunny looks at me, “Yeah, let’s go to see F4, it’s probably has something to do with that low life, Jan Di,” she tells me folding her arms. I shake my head, “I don’t think I want to go.” They look at me, “You have to go,” Miranda tells me. “Since your new here, you’ve never really seen F4, now is your opportunity,” Ginger tells me. The other two nod their heads in agreement. “Besides, maybe you’ll see why we really don’t like Jan Di.” “No, I’m fine. Maybe another time will come, so you guys go ahead,” I tell them. Miranda looks at me, “and what will you do up here, alone?” “Um,” I started, “maybe I’ll just go to the library.” Ginger looks at me, “You sure, you won’t get bored there? It’s really quiet.” I nod, “Yeah, I’m sure.”

They leave, and I leave a short while after them. Maybe there wouldn’t be so many students there. As I am walking from the building, I see students running towards the opposite direction. I stop, wondering if maybe I should go. But, I dismiss the thought and walk towards the steps. As I get to the top and turn, I see a guy, walking rather quickly towards me. I guess it’s an F4, seeing that he wears no uniform and Miranda told me they don’t. He’s coming quickly towards my direction. Some students clear the way as he passes without stopping. They start to whisper. The closer he comes, I see that he’s furious.

 So close. And it feels strange. I’m a stranger. Too close.  He is about to pass me, and I was about to move. But, I didn’t get a chance to move quickly enough when he shoves me and I fall to the cold ground. Well, it wasn’t him, more like his anger pushed me.

I look up and I see he’s still walking away. I stare, I stare, and I stare. And he doesn’t look back. I stare at the back of his head, and firmly say: “Hey,” I swallow, just as he slows down and just as I get up. My lips are numb from the cold and the few students stare. I inhale, swallow then exhale. He stops and doesn’t turn, he just stops. He’s standing there, with his broad shoulders, and shifts his body to continue to walk. I don’t scream, I just say, firmly again: “Hey, I’m talking to you.” but, he’s walking away, and I know he’s angry, at something, so he just walks away with this anger of his. I’m about to call his name, this time shouting out, because he’s so far away. But, I decide against it, I stay calm. Everyone’s sort of looking away from me now. Thank God.

I get up and brush myself off.  I feel a hand touch my shoulder, and I’m interrupted so I stop. I look up and there stands this soft face guy. “Are you alright Miss?” he asks me. I nod my head.

He looks down and grabs my hand. “Are you hurt?”  I pull away, “No, I’m fine. Thanks.”  I told him as I wipe my palms in my school jacket. “I hope you’re not mad at how Jun Pyo is acting. He’s just having a hard time today, I hope you’ll understand.” “I understand.” He smiles, this brilliant smile and his eyes are fixed smoothly on me.

 “Hey, Yi Jung, don’t tell me your trying to flirt with a girl whose just been bullied by Jun Pyo?” A guy with dark brownish – red hair asks. He touches his friend’s shoulder, and yet to look at me says, “Ha, what? You’re“5 second kill” technique isn’t working anymore?” then he looks at me, and his eyes open a little more, while his head pushes back, as if shocked. “Wait. YO YO YO, who’s this?”he asks. Yi Jung, smiles again and looks at me, with delight or something. “I don’t know. What’s your name Miss?” “It’s Devan, and please, you don’t have to call me Miss.” He smiles again. Man, what a smile. With a smile like that he can catch any girl.

“YO, Yi Jung, you never told me you were interested in chocolate.” I cough, Yi Jung slightly laughs and the other guy just casually introduces himself in English. “Yo Devan, nice to meet you, I’m Woo Bin.”I nod at him, and Yi Jung asks me “Where were you heading?” I turn my head towards him to answer but, as I do my attention is caught by an approaching figure. His looks are a distraction. He stops and looks at me, with these calm, attentive eyes and I return my attention to Yi Jung who, notices where I was looking and looks back too. “Ji Hoo,” he says and the guy, Ji Hoo, glances at me, thoughtfully, before telling his friends, that they should go find Jun Pyo. They seem to understand.

Woo Bin, touches my shoulder. “Devan I’m sorry we have to go.” I nod, seeing that he speaks for all three of them and after Yi Jung flashes that brilliant smile at me once more they each start to walk away. And I can’t help but to watch the back of Ji Hoo.


Thanks for reading ^ ^