Eighth Flower

Yoon Ji Hoo Over Flowers {HIATUS}

12/19/11

Chapter edited.


After the five of us speak with police, Ji Hoo and I meet up with Yi Jung,Woo Bin and some friend of Jan Di's whose name hasn't been mentioned yet.

I notice that Jun Pyo is missing, I wonder where he could be? Then, I remember the last time I saw him was when he pushed me at school.

The police informs us that the storm is getting worse and that they'll do their best in ensuring our friend's safety. Then, they add that if she's smart she found shelter out there.

We decide to wait in the lobby.

Woo Bin's slowly pacing, his hand to his face.

Yi Jung sitting on the handle of the couch that Jan Di's friend, nameless friend, sits on. She grew tense and shy when he sat there.

And Ji Hoo sits quietly across from everyone, finally calm but, mostlikely going crazy in his mind.

Its quiet because everyone's mind is in worry over the situation.

"Jun Pyo hasn't called back yet," Yi Jung remarks, standing up and walking forward. Nameless friend of Jan Di, follows his movement with her eyes.

"Could it be that he went after her?" Woo Bin stopped pacing and starred at Yi Jung.

"It could be so."

Then they resumed there ious positions.

Woo Bin with his thoughtful pace.

Yi Jung on the couch's handle.

 

Ji Hoo, who sits on the couch in front of me, is reading and I notice he's wearing glasses. 

He looks cute.

I shake my head.

 

An hour later Woo Bin thinks he should go get us something to drink. Yi Jung goes with him. 

So, its extra quiet. It’s just me and Ji Hoo. Jan Di’s friend, recently appointed Ga Eul, is asleep on my shoulder. We're both reading. Again with my uninteresting book.

I turn the page, and my book mark falls on the ground.

I try to pick it up, but Ga Eul is resting on my shoulder and I don’t want to wake her.

So I try twice with my foot. Stretching awkwardly, hoping that Ji Hoo is focused deep in his book to notice.

I try with my arms, and I feel a little goofy.

I try again, making little straining noises with my mouth as I try to let myself stretch beyond its capacity.

 

Then, I see a hand, long with beauty, reach out and pick up my bookmark. I already know who it is.

I look up, finding Ji Hoo bent down a few inches in front, watching me.

I find myself doing the same.

His eyes are like before, on the day I encountered him at school: calm and attentive.

“Thank you,” I whisper taking the bookmark, slowly, from him. Our eyes are still focused on one another, because I cannot seem to break away from his stare.

Its silent. And I'm afriad to utter a single word. So, I don't, and we continue to watch one another. Until

"These drinks are hot!" Woo Bin exclaims entering the room. 

I look over. Ji Hoo gets up to walk back to his seat. And our moment is broken.

"Well I don't know why your holding the cups body, instead of their handles." Yi Jung remarks.

"Yo man, my hands are too big for these little handles." Woo Bin makes his way over to me, "Here Devan."

I take the cup by the tiny handle and tell him thank you. "Well then, don't complain," Yi Jung tells him, before flashing his friend a smile.

"AYY!" Woo Bin starts, "ayy, what?" Yi Jung questions, but Woo Bin just sits down and begins to drink from his cup. Yi Jung laughs, then walks to Ji Hoo and hands him his cup.

 

As I drink from my cup, I'm trying not to glance up at Ji Hoo. But, he's on my mind. What just happened, is on my mind. So, I look over towards him.

He's reading again. 

I remove the cup from my lips and my eyes freezes upon his face.

Man, does he look cute with his glasses on! 

Then, in an instance (as if he heard what I had just thought), he glances up and our eyes meet. 

But, I look away and pull my cup to my lips again.

Does he know what I'm thinking?

Of course not.

Because I'm not thinking anything. 

 

Within the next hour or so, my dad calls to find out how everything is. Our conversation is in English.

When I hang up, I find Woo Bin watching me. “Wow, I think I fell deeper in love with you Devan.”

I laugh and look at Ga Eul. “Are all Korean guys flirts Ga Eul?” She cutely laughs and I notice it catches the attention of Yi Jung, who's sitting on the handle of the couch again sipping on some tea.

Woo Bin answers, “Well, not all of us,” he gets up and makes his way to Ji Hoo. “You see my friend here has his cute, quietness and good looks that gets to all the girls. So, he doesn’t need to flirt.” He grabs Ji Hoo around the shoulder.

Everyone laughs.

The atmosphere isn't filled with so much worry anymore.

And I can’t help, but smile. Because these guys aren’t what they appeared to once be, their just a group of friends who are easy to talk with. And I know that Jun Pyo, though slightly tempered, might be the same way. And I smile because I’m secretly looking at Ji Hoo.

 

In the morning, not only did the police find Jan Di, but Jun Pyo as well.

"YO, YO, YO, welcome back," Woo Bin greets and Yi Jung pats Jun Pyo's shoulder, while Ga Eul and I smile towards Jan Di.

We're all glad they came back safely.

Ji Hoo stays quiet. He and Jun Pyo are speaking to one another with their eyes. Then, Ji Hoo walks closer to his friend, handing him the necklace that started the whole thing. A beautiful star and moon necklace filled with diamonds.

Jun Pyo looks into his friend's eyes one more time, with respect and thanks before turning towards Jan Di and placing it on her.

Everyone's smiling, except Ji Hoo.

"Thank God you two love birds have made up. Let's see how long it will last." Woo Bin remarks and Yi Jung smiles.

And as Jun Pyo places the necklace on Jan Di, I watch Ji Hoo. I watch his eyes. There's something about them–

Their focused on Jan Di.

I look down in thought.

Does Ji Hoo, have feelings for her?


Thanks 4 reading ^ ^