First Flower

Yoon Ji Hoo Over Flowers {HIATUS}

 Hello Readers, this fanfic is based on the Korean drama "Boys Over Flowers" so hope you all enjoy and tell me how you feel about it. All comments are welcomed and highly appreciated  ^ ^


I’ve always noticed Jan Di, but soon I will begin to know her.


She came sometime, before my arrival. From what I’ve heard, she saved a boy that wanted to jump off the school’s rooftop. She saved him, was in the news and was declared a hero. Then the following day she started to attend the school. I never really had a chance to talk to her. She just seemed to always be in the middle of something.

The students don't seem to like her. She's not like them. No money. No status. And now, she dates the guy who once rained down misery on her, the head of F4 and one of the richest kids at school, Gu Jun Pyo.


It’s the beginning of winter and my lips are numb. “Devan, over here, you have to see this.” Just as I enter the classroom, Sunny looks my way and calls me over. “Can you believe this?” she asks me when I reach her. The three of them: Miranda, Ginger and Sunny are looking at this magazine “Group 7.” Actually, their not the only ones, the whole class is. The three of them sit there in disbelief, sharing comments with an undertone of jealousy. But, Ginger seems to be the one most disgusted. Her eyes are glued to the cover of the magazine, with an oddly familiar young girl with a deeply gorgeous guy sitting on a couch. I pass my tongue over my lips and look towards Miranda for an answer, “Who are they?” She stares, ready to answer me. But, she’s interrupted by –

“Oh. MY. GOD,” Ginger remarks in English as her flipping through the magazine, rapidly increases. She shakes in her sit. “Oh, wait till that little low life comes her, I’ll show her.” She closes the magazine and I fix my eyes upon the young girl. “How could a girl like her, be a model?” Sunny asks looking at her. I think to myself: Who ever she is, she looks oddly famili – wait a minute… isn’t that?

“You!” At the sound of Ginger’s voice, everyone looks up and looks towards the direction she stares. It gets quiet.  “Geum Jan Di, you’re so dead!” Ginger gets up, the magazine leaves her hands and she is followed by her crew. Jan Di stops in her track, and they come towards her, circling her.

“Who do you think you are?”  Ginger asks. Miranda continues, “First, Jun Pyo sunbae, then, Ji Hoo sunbae, and now Ha Je! Whose next? Eh?!” Cute little Miranda comes in, “How do you know him?” I’m standing there, looking at the scene thinking: have they lost their minds?

Ginger comes in, “After you stole F4 from us, Ha Je was are only hope as we suffered, yet now him.” She stomps her foot and I can’t help but to feel sad for Jan Di, as her head moves side to side trying to keep up with their quick whining little voices. I mean, it’s not my business. I don’t even know the girl. I don’t really know any of them.  Sunny, Miranda and Ginger aren’t my friends they just seem to talk to me.

I hear their whining continue, it’s really annoying and beyond idiotic. I look at Jan Di and see her head lower, her eyes fill with hurt, her stance weaken. I think to myself: why doesn’t she stand up, like she has in the past? I press my teeth into the corner of my mouth, walk towards them, and tell them, calmly, “I think that’s enough.”

 I’m not but, what? Less than a month here, and I’m drawn into the center of calamity. It goes quiet, all over again. I watch their faces grow in question. “W – What?” Ginger stammers. My eyes are serious. I see Jan Di look slowly up to me. “Devan, I don’t think you understand.” Sunny tells me, reaching out and touching my arm. “Yeah, Jan Di’s a troublemaker, since she got here. That’s all she does,” Ginger tells me. I look at her ready to say something but, a faint, almost muffled squeal is heard from behind me, then, a sea of grasps. I turn to the door.

I view him from the bottom up. Ha Je stands, in the door way. As he crosses the room, students can’t help to watch him, whispering; some speechless. When he passes from behind me, around Sunny and stands next to Jan Di, the three can’t help but, to stand in awed silence. He takes Jan Di’s hand, “Let’s go Sunbae,” and leads her out the classroom door.  


Thanks for reading ^ ^