Chapter Nine

It all Started with Failed Aegyo

~~~~~~~

I hurried to the gate after class, not wanting to be late. Zelo was already there waiting.

"Sorry, Zelo oppa! I'll try to be quicker."

"Don't worry about it, I just got here too." I felt really embarrassed, but he just smiled kindly at me.

"You ready?" He asked, full of anticipation. I nodded silently, and we walked.

It was a nice place for a walk, a small trail with a cover of trees, small windows of sunlight scattered in patches on the ground below. It had snowed a little the night before, and the flurried white blanket still layed across the city.

"So Rosie, what's your favorite colour?"

That was random. "Orange." I paused, and I realised that I should probably be clearer. "But not the normal colour orange, a certain shade of pale orange. Like the sunrise."

He looked at me sweetly, his eyes full of compassion. It made me feel really special. I might have blushed, if it had not been so endearing.

"And what's your favorite kind of candy?" 

"Well, you probably won't have a clue what they are, but when I was little and still living in Wales, my dad used to bring me home chocolates every day. But not any chocolates, Smarties. You know what M&M's are, right?" He nodded.

"They're kind of like them, only better. He would always bring a little box of them home from his work at my uncle's candy shop. I would pop one in my mouth and then give him exactly three. I'm not sure why it was three, but after he had gotten them, I would hole up under the bottom bunk of my bed and stuff them all in my mouth." 

I was giggling, but my eyes were close to welling up with tears.

"Unnie would always try to nab one from me before I got there, but I had gotten clever over the years, so she never got any. And she had gotten her own candy from Appa every day as well, so I don't know why she tried to take mine. She would always get creme eggs, and Appa had planned to give Jaehyun his own country fudge, but he never got to give him even a piece... Jaehyun has no childhood memories of Appa, and none of me either." 

I realised I had been talking and sort of crying for the whole walk, so I shut up quickly. My childhood memories always embarrass me.

He stopped walking and turned me towards him, my hands in his. "And one more question." He glanced at me and it felt like he looked right into my heart.

"Do you like me?" 

~~~~~~~

Oh. My. God. 

How could I have asked her that! We've only known each other for, what, a few days! Why couldn't you hold your damn tongue?! Choi Junhong, seriously, what is wrong with you??

"I don't know. Maybe someday I will, but right now you're just my friend." Wait, what?

You didn't have to answer that, Rosie! I wanted to shout, but She looked up at me and smiled innocently. I just couldn't yell at her. 

My heart wasn't going to slow down anytime soon, so I let go of her hands and continued walking. Rosie waddled after me to catch up. With her puffy black coat, she looked like a little penguin. God, why does she have to be so cute?

"Oppa, what's wrong? Are you mad at me?" She seemed genuinely concerned. And on second thought, that probably wasn't the best way to react. She just made me a little nervous.

"No, Rosie, I'm not mad at you at all. 

In all honesty, I was a little disappointed. Well, not really disappointed, just, I can't really explain the feeling. I was kind of hoping she liked me. 

But that wasn't an outright no, my conscience told me. She didn't deny liking you. For all you know, she could have fallen for you just like how you've fallen for her. What?! I haven't fallen for Rose! She's just my friend. Just my friend...

"Oppa, where are we going?" Oh yeah! I forgot, I was taking her there.

We had walked back into the city, and it was surprising how close we had gotten.

"It's a secret. You'll see when we get there." In all honesty, we weren't far, only a block away.

"Rosie, close your eyes."

"What?"

"Just do it. We're almost there, and I want you to be surprised." 

"Uh, okay..." She shut her eyes lightly, and I covered them with my hands. She would be the kind of girl to try and peek.

At last, we stood in front of the location. It was even more perfect than I thought it would be. I turned her to face it and took my hands away.

~~~~~~~

Ok, first of all, I'm super sorry. To say school is stressful for me would be the understatement of the century. And I've had a bit of family drama in there as well, and combined with oddly chronic sickness makes it quite difficult for one to update. I'll do my best to update more in the future, but lately's been awful for me.

And now, sorry for the evil ending! ;) Does anyone have any ideas where they should go? I had an idea originally, but then I thought about it too long and it became stupid. 

Anyways, see you soon(as always, hopefully)!