Chapter Three

It all Started with Failed Aegyo

~~~~~~~ Zelo

I was looking away when I bumped into something, or rather, someone. Glancing forward casually, I had no idea that I would be seeing someone so pretty. Her soft red hair fell in waves out of her hat, with her big blue eyes staring way up at me. Oh wait... up...

"S-Sorry!" I apologized, practically yelling as I offered my hand to help her up. She took it cautiously. The feeling of her tiny delicate hand in mine made me blush instantly. I forced myself to look away from her, hoping she wouldn't see my red cheeks.

"Choi Junhong, where have you been?!" A voice broke the sparkling atmosphere. Aishh... Himchan-hyung, you have terrible timing. "Hyung is furious. Daehyun and I have been searching for you for ages. Come on, let's go home." He grabbed my hand and pulled me away from her.

I looked back one last time to see her watching me, when the corners of curved up into a small smile that lit up her face. My face grew hot, and I just knew we would meet again.

~~~~~~~ Rose

He glanced back one more time, and I smiled. Something about him was curiously interesting, like he was hiding something. I wanted to find out what that was.

I decided it wouldn't hurt to ask a random person for directions, and I got to my new home in one piece. It was a small house, with a little garden out front. Much nicer than many of the places I've lived, but if that woman lived here, I would have gladly traded it for my hut in Tibet. 

I pressed the doorbell and it rang out in an unexpected tune: a short snippet of a Chopin prelude. I reveled in each beautiful note, them gliding through the air in a way that only his music does. A sense of calm washed over me, as classical music had never done before. Music without words had always seemed bland to me, like there was no emotion that could be expressed without speaking. But this moment was different. I could feel nothing but emotion from this fragment of music.

But all thoughts were banished from my mind as the door opened. 

Much unlike what I was expecting, Jaehyun answered the door."Noona! You made it! Kimi-noona was so worried that you had gotten lost." He dragged me inside the house and gave me a little hug. Noticing the odd look on my face, he went to the kitchen to make me some tea.

I took a good look at the living room. The walls were covered with pictures of Kimmie and Jaehyun, but only two of the woman. That simple fact raised my hopes. Maybe she really did go away...

I gulped down the tea in my new room and went straight to sleep, not bothering to unpack. My mind flitted back and forth from the changes this day brought me. But one thing stuck in my mind: the goofy tall boy on the street. He was definitely an interesting type. Maybe we'll meet again.

~~~~~~~ Zelo

I shook Himchan-hyung off me and walked home, keeping my distance from him. I was hoping to talk to her more. She seemed different from everyone else, but unaware of it herself. As hard as I tried, I couldn't pull my mind away from her. And sure, she could've been a tourist, visiting for only a few days, and I may never get to see her again, but that's okay. Right?

~~~~~~~

I was planning on updating at school a few days ago, but I had to make waffles for my class. Not kidding. Here's the third chapter, finally, and the fourth following suit. Hopefully. :)