Chapter Four

It all Started with Failed Aegyo

~~~~~~~

During travel, I would set my alarm on my phone and wake up to that, so I wasn't exepecting Jaehyun and Kimmie to jump up and down on my bed screaming "Naega jeil jallaga!"and blasting that song in my ear. 

I would have yelled at them, but Kimmie pouted cutely and handed me my new uniform. She told me yesterday that I will be starting at Seoul High School.

I shooed them from my room so I could get dressed, and I found that the uniform looks pretty good on me. I haven't been to a uniform school since living in Paris, but these clothes felt natural, much more comfortable than the itchy polo shirts they had made us wear. This may sound cheesy, but it feels like this uniform was made for me.

Humming my wake-up call song, I grabbed my notebook and ran downstairs to the kitchen for breakfast. Out on the table was a huge spread of rice, fresh grilled fish, and even some more western breakfast foods like waffles. Kimmie stood there with a smug look on her face, very proud of the extravagant meal she had made.

It had the best smell, wafting up from the table and to my nose, making me think of nothing but eating it all by myself. I didn't eat a lot yesterday, not much other than that fish-on-a-stick cakey thing.

I realized that I had only gotten to eat one of them, the guy ran into me and made me drop the free one. I guess I was to buried in my thoughts to notice.

We sat down to eat when Jaehyun stumbled into the room, practically collapsing into a chair. We said thanks for the meal and began piling food on our plates. It was the most delicious meal I had ever eaten. Even just trying to explain it to someone would be impossible. I thanked Kimmie over and over again as Jaehyun began the dishes, looking much more lively after eating. 

His middle school was in the opposite direction of Seoul High, so we said our goodbyes at the door and began walking to our respective schools. It was warmer than yesterday, the tempurature floating aroung 50 degrees. Kimmie said it wasn't bad for Seoul in winter, but it was still awfully cold.

The school is huge! We were a bit early, but a steady stream of kids went through the front gate and into the building. Kimmie ran off to her friends and told me to go to the office. Too bad I have no idea where the office is

My stomach did flip-flops as I saw a group of boys, all very good-looking with blond hair enter the school. The tallest one turned towards me and I panicked, running off down a random hallway. I was lucky enough to see a sign saying office, so I dashed inside.

I pressed my back up against the door, letting out a huge sigh. Then I noticed the two young women, presumably the receptionist and the secretary, looking at me as if I had grown two heads.

I suddenly felt really self-concious, but went to ask for help anyway. They told me my class and gave me my schedule, still raising their eyebrows at me. I bowed and left calmly, trying to convince them I was at least somewhat normal. I don't think I did.

I found my homeroom class quickly, smoothing my skirt down before stepping inside.

The whole class stared at me with a mixture of pity and smug satisfaction. I was confused until the teacher turned to me and began to scold me.

I don't think she realized I'm a new student, so I gathered my courage and began to tell her, when she stopped and realized it herself, smacking her head and giving me an infectious smile. 

She said to introduce myself, so I spoke. "Hello. My name is Rose McCoy, and I hope to get along with you." I felt a little awkward, but then the door opened again and a familiar face sauntered in.

~~~~~~~

My hyungs and I separated and went to our homeroom classes. None of them were in mine, but that was okay because I had plenty of other people to talk to in that class. 

I'm always late, so everyone in my class is used to it. I pushed open the door and noticed most eyes weren't on my like usual, but at someone in the front. 

She turned and I recognized her instantly. She was cuter than my memory gave her credit for.

I all of a sudden really wanted to play with her, . I walked up behind her and ruffled her hair, saying "What's up, shorty?" I couldn't hide my grin. 

"Oh, Zelo, you know her?" Miss Oh asked. I froze, actually thinking about it. I don't even know her name. 

"Sort of..." I muttered, scratching the back of my neck. The girl looks just as uncomfortable as me.

"Great, there's a seat open right next to Zelo's. You can sit there." I shuffled to my seat and she followed.

Miss Oh started teaching again, but all eyes were on me and the new girl. I was about to tell everyone to stop it, when a bit of paper landed on my desk.

I unfolded it and read. 'My name is Rose McCoy. What's yours?' it read. I scribbled, 'Choi Junhong, but friends call me Zelo.', and tossed it back to her.

She passed it back quickly. 'Does that mean I can call you Zelo? :)' 

I smirked. Leaning over to whisper in her ear, I said, "I'd prefer it if you called me Joonie-oppa." She hid her face, but I already saw her turn red. 

Everyone was still watching, and that little exchange made them gasp and freak out. By the end of the day, there would be rumours flying, but it was worth it to see her be so cute. 

Burying her face in her schoolbook, I found myself staring. How can such a girl exist? Someone so cute, with such a sparkle in her. I want to get close to her.

~~~~~~~

Hello again! I'm happy you're reading this! I have a lot of fun writing this story, so I appreciate people reading it. :) See you in a little while!