Chapter Eight

It all Started with Failed Aegyo

~~~~~~~

Rose willingly sat with us at lunch, but I couldn't help but notice that she was still a little awkward about sitting here. 

"Rose, you okay?"

She sighed quietly. "Yeah, I'm fine. I just don't like how they're looking at me."

"Who?" I followed the direction of her eyes and saw a group of girls staring directly at her. Their faces were in terrible scowls until they saw I was looking, and they immediately changed to flirty smiles.

I really don't like two-faced people. If you'll smile kindly and help one person, shouldn't you do the same for them all? So I had no trouble scowling right back.

Their jaws dropped, and it was a sight to see. I smirked a little at their shock and turned back to Rose.

"Don't pay attention to those kinds of people. Only look at the ones who appreciate you." I held her shoulders as I spoke. She needs to remember this.

I didn't realize how close I had gotten to her. Our noses were practically touching. I smiled sweetly and her ears turned pink.

She pulled away and I couldn't help feeling a little disappointed. I like being close to her.

"But... never mind." She muttered, hoping I didn't hear her.

"What? What is it?"

"It's nothing, oppa. Just eat. I'm going to the bathroom." And she stood up and walked out of the lunchroom. Where are you going, my Rosie? 

~~~~~~~

I really didn't like being stared down by those girls, so I headed to the bathroom in hopes of escape. But, lo and behold, there are fangirls here too.

There were three of them, all wearing pretty makeup and accessories. I felt kind of lackluster next to them, because they all looked so pretty and model-like and I'm just, well, me.

The one who seemed like the leader and looked like a flawless supermodel, went up to me and asked me sweetly,

"Hi, I'm Raina and these girls are Nana and Lizzy. I'm just curious, what's your relationship to B.A.P?"

"B.A.P? What's that?" I was genuinely confused. I've never heard of that before.

And the girls snapped. "Are you stupid? B.A.P are the boys you've been eating lunch with! " The one named Nana shouted. "And if my guess is correct, that's not all you've been doing with them." Is she trying to imply something!?

"Uh, nothing. I'm just Zelo opp- I mean, Zelo's friend." I started backing up. The girls I had once found gorgeous and admirable were now scaring me.

"Is that really true?" The one named Lizzy leaned in close to me and I stepped back further, only to stumble into the wall behind me. Building structure, why fail me now!?

The three of them closed in on me, pushing me up as close to the wall as possible. I tried to cry out, but the shout got caught in my throat and all I could do was swallow my fear. God please, someone help me!

"That's enough." A new voice broke the fearful silence. The girls turned around, giving me just enough space to sneak out of their way.

"Hwang Hyeni, who do you think you are?" Raina snarled.

"Just that, I'm Hwang Hyeni." The girl smirked, feeling very clever.

The girls gaped at her disrespectful comeback, quite upset at the shift in power.

"We won't forget this. We'll be back, next time for you and her both." Nana growled, and they stormed out of the room.

"You okay?" Hyeni asked, her eyes seeming worried.

"I'm fine. Thank you for saving me." She smiled at my words, and I suddenly felt calm. 

"Come on, let's go. Zelo-ssi was looking for you." And we headed out into the empty hallway.

"Zelo-ssi? You call him Zelo? I thought only his friends call him Zelo."

"Yeah, that's the rule, but pretty much everyone is his friend, so it's sort of redundant."

"Oh. Ok... So what's your name?"

"Were you not listening before?" She chuckled. "Hwang Hyeni, nice to meet you. And your name is..."

"Oh, I'm Rose McCoy. It's very nice to meet you too." I couldn't keep a smile off my face. Finally, a girl who's nice.

Before we were even close to the lunchroom, I heard loud stomping behind us. Crap, what if those girls are back?

"Rosie! Where were you all this time? Are you okay?" Oh good, it's just Zelo.

I turned around and saw my oppa red in the face and completely out of breath, no doubt he ran all over the school looking for me. Aww, my sweet and kind Zelo-oppa. 

"Zelo-ssi, she's alright. The girls of Orange Caramel were bugging her in the bathroom, but they're gone for now." Hyeni spoke up, sounding like a member of the Secret Service.

So those girls were named Orange Caramel. What is it with this school and group names? At my old schools, we just had the jocks, nerds and whatnot. 

"I'll see you both around. Bye Rose!" Hyeni smiled at me and went into the lunchroom, walking calmly and confidently. She's a nice friend.

Zelo was now standing right in front of me, searching my eyes for fear or shock. He was freaking out, clearly in a panic.

"I'm fine, oppa. You didn't need to worry about me."

"But I did, Rose. I worried a lot about you." That little sentence made me blush, but I didn't break eye contact.

"Rose, I really care about you. I want to make sure you're safe at all times, even when I can't be there." He looked right into my eyes and I swear, at that moment, I had fallen for him.

I was shocked speechless, to the point where I could only babble, but I didn't dare open my mouth again. I would have said something stupid.

Zelo calmed down and became his usual self, not so serious anymore. It was reassuring, seeing him back to normal.

"Rosie, do you want to go somewhere after school today?" I almost started babbling again, but I just shut my mouth and nodded. Already excitement was starting to build up inside me. 

"Okay, cool. Meet me by the front gate after school. I have a different class today. See you soon!" He hurried down the quickly filling hallway to his class, and the whispers started.

"Oh my god, did he just ask her out?!"

"The new girl? Why?"

"Ew, Zelo likes her!? No way!"

I sighed heavily and headed to my locker. This class will be a long one.

~~~~~~~ 

Sorry, I would have updated sooner, but I wanted to write a longer chapter, and I didn't go too well. Also, sorry for making Orange Caramel the bad guys here, I just needed someone to do it, and I didn't want to use f(x) like every one seems to do. And I'm on break now, so hopefully I'll update more for the week. :)