Chapter 5: Giving Up.

Forever and a Day.

 

(A/C-1: Mind reading the author notes below? I figure most of you don't, but I suggest you do. Thanks. Enjoy.  Or not. Your choice. -strawberryfishy/207)


 

"Yes, baby?"

 

"You can't go. You have to stay. Please..." He said with moist eyes.

 

"I will...?" I said. I'm sure I shouldn't be amused. But he was being incredibly adorable.  

 

He bit his lower lip. As expected. That habit of his will never go away.

 

Donghae moved aside and patted a spot on the bed. Just large enough for me to lie down on.

 

"Don't leave me anymore. Please..." He whispered and buried his face in my chest.

 

How can you say that, Hae? You left me. You left me for 2 months.

 

"I won't."


 

Several weeks later, Donghae was released from the hospital. He stayed a lot around me, KyuMin and Heechul. Siwon still holds a hatred for me. Kibum returned. I don't care. But Donghae still hasn't remembered me- or us. It's been a month now. I ask the Lord in my prayers 'Why'.

 

But I get no answer. He considers me his best friend. But I was his boyfriend. I asked him if he loved me. He says of course. Like Kyuhyun and Sungmin. Not once has Donghae told me that he loved me. I always asked him if he did. Even before that horrendous accident. I leaned on the kitchen counter and pinch the bridge of my nose. Should I just give up?

 

~ * DONGHAE* ~

 

It's been a month now. I still can't remember anything. I'm so confused. I'm jealous of Kyuhyun and Sungmin who are able to subtly express their love with each other. I can't even do anything with Hyukkie... I like Hyukkie. More than like. I love Hyukkie. His eyes. His jawline. His charisma. Pretty much his everything... He asked me if I loved him. I do. I said of course. But to make it sound normal, I added like Kyuhyun and Sungmin. Get it? Didn't think so...

 

I meant as in... Like Kyuhyun loves Sungmin. Like Sungmin loves Kyuhyun. But to others, it may sound like I only like you as a friend. I remember the times when I was in the hospital... I'd hyperventilate. When Hyukkie'd return I'd calm down. That's how essential he is to me. To my life. I need him with me.

 

I want him with me. I asked the Lord why. He never replied. I want to know if Hyukkie feels the same way about me. But I'm afraid. Afraid of rejection... Afraid of losing our friendship... Should I just give up?

 

~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~

 

"What's for dinner tonight?" I twirled around Sungmin hyung.

 

"Hm... I was thinking we could stop by the pizza place tonight with the others~" He grinned at me.

 

"OOH! Now I'm definitely excited for after work!" I jumped up.

 

"GET TO WORK!" Heejun crossed his arms and chuckled.

 

"Getting to it!" I hopped a bit and bumped into Kyuhyun.

 

"Kyubaby!" I hugged Kyuhyun.

 

"You're incredibly clingy today..." Kyuhyun furrowed his brows at me.

 

"Is there something wrong?" He observed.

 

Why the hell did he have to be observant? Between Kyuhyun and Sungmin, I was closer to Kyuhyun than I was with Sungmin. Like Hyukkie and Minnie are.

 

"I'm jealous of you." I whisper and felt emotional. I bit my lower lip and looked down.

 

"Hyung?" Kyuhyun poked my cheek.

 

"Hm?" I force a smile.

 

"Hyung, you're crying. What the . Why would you be jealous though?" He ruffled my hair.

 

"You can do whatever you want with Sungmin. I want- I-"

 

"You like Hyukjae, don't you?" He crossed his arms. I widen my eyes and stare at him.

 

"Please don't tell him." I beg.

 

"Doesn't even deny it... I won't. It's not my story to tell. It'll get better hyung. I promise…" He gave me a light hug before walking away.

 

"What was that about?" I heard Sungmin hiss.

 

"Jealous?" Kyuhyun teased.

 

"Well who knows? You might be brainwashing the poor boy!"

 

"Relax Min... He just told me he was jealous of us because we're mutual..." The two kissed.

 

"Hyukkie...?" I knocked on the kitchen door and opened it slowly.

 

Hyukkie was leaning on the kitchen counter with his hands holding him up. Was he thinking deeply? I wonder what it was.

 

"Hyukkie~" I sang. No response.

 

I walked up to him and poked his nose.

 

"Hyukkie."

 

"HYUKKIE!" I yell.

 

"Oh. Hi, Hae." He smiled.

 

"You're distracted, what's wrong?" I asked him and poke his cheek.

 

"N-Nothing..." He blushed and stepped away from me.

 

He's never done that. Hyukkie never moved away from me before. It hurt me a bit that he did. I pouted.

 

"Okay." 

 

 

//130209//


(A/N-1: Sorry for the late update! I've been hooked on anime-again- after a year or several months. I've been watching the K Project and got all fidgety thinking it was . Sadness is that it's only fanservice. Argh. I like it though. I ship the two... I have a crush on Kuro Yatogami... Like literally... He has a cute side and like- he's perfect. ;W; He's like... The third fictionaly person over the WEEK that I've developed a crush on.)

(A/N-2: Oh. I'm supposed to be talking about the fanfic... Um. The next chapter, or the one after that might be the last one. I've read through it and the ending isn't something I'm proud of. Just warning you guys. I mean, I'm glad that I FINALLY completed at least ONE EunHae fic -which I figured I was unable to do, but here I am- but it's not as good as I first saw it to be. I figure I only saw it as good before because I completed it... but I'll leave that for you to judge. Thanks for putting up with me and reading the fanfiction and the author notes! Byebye~ Happy Valentines Day almost! -strawberryfishy.)