A new boyfriend

A series of trapped love

 

A week had passed since Jonghyun’s death. The four were still in shock. Yoseob was completely torn apart, his own best friend had died. Dongwoon was solemn, he continually would say, “I was supposed to see him just two days later. He told me he was going to kiss me…” And would burst into tears. Hyunseung knew it was selfish thoughts, but no one even gave a how he felt, or so it seemed. Jonghyun cuddled up to him, and then left him for a warmer spot next to Dongwoon, and then died. Hyunseung was so jealous that Jonghyun hadn’t talked to anyone else for the two weeks him and Dongwoon were “together.” Hyunseung didn’t even last two DAYS. It made him sad, was he just not good enough? He was beginning to get over it so he could support his best friend in a lovely relationship. But then everything changed, leaving everyone unsure of what to do.
Kikwang, Hyunseung’s friend, had been there for him. They stayed up late talking to each other, and really enjoyed each other’s company. Kikwang was so funny… And handsome. It made Hyunseung have a slight crush on the boy.
 
From: Kiki
 
Hey, how are you doing? Wanna meet me somewhere?
 
To: Kiki
 
I’m okay, still heavy-hearted. Yeah sure, where should we meet?
 
From: Kiki
 
I dunno, you pick? Wait, how about my house?
 
To: Kiki
 
When?
 
From: Kiki
 
Now♥
 
Hyunseung smiled. He put his phone down, and raced to the bathroom. His hair was perfect as always, and he ran through the door. Walking the familiar route to Kikwang’s house, he felt happy. It was nice to get out. Dongwoon and him hadn’t exactly been talking much lately, with Dongwoon grieving and Hyunseung just pissed off and sad at the same time.
Arriving at Kikwang’s he knocked on the door. The boy saw a smiling face welcoming him in, and sat down for a cup of coffee. God, how he loved coffee.
“Thanks for asking me to come over, Kiki. I needed to get away from all this .”
“It’s no problem, really. I just wanted to see you. I’ve missed you at school.” Kikwang replied. “I’ll be back soon, just haven’t felt really good these days.” He smiled. The other boy gave him a sad look, as he leaned in for a hug. They held onto each other.
“Listen, Seung. I know it’s hard right now. But you have to get through this. At least you didn’t know him for very long, right?” He told Hyunseung. “I guess…” He said. They broke the hug, but as they did, Kikwang’s lips were suddenly meeting Hyunseung’s, leaving him completely surprised. But he didn’t fight it, oh no. He smiled into the kiss, and brought Kikwang onto his lap. The kiss was broken, as their forehead’s touched and everything was all cute and dramatic like the movies.
“I really like you. I have since I first met you. There was just something about you, I don’t know what. I know it‘s not normal because we‘re both boys, but I just couldn‘t help myself…” Kikwang whispered. “Well, Lee Kikwang, I like you too. Would you do me the honor of being my boyfriend?” Hyunseung said as he went for another kiss. Kikwang playfully pushed him away and said “I’d like that very much.”
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
“I have a boyfriend.” Hyunseung said to the three staring boys that he invited over. “Stop ing with us.” Doojoon said casually. “I’m being serious. What, am I so ugly you think I can’t even get a boyfriend?” “What Doojoon MEANT to say was he is so happy for you and who is this guy?” Dongwoon said as he eyed Doojoon. “Remember that guy Kikwang that I talk about occasionally? The one I met through that guy that used to like me that I dated for like a week a few days after Jonghyun… Yeah. Remember?” He told the boys. “Oh, the one that you said you suspected you had a crush on?” Junhyung piped up. “Yupp, that’s him. Well, he invited me over last night and as he was comforting me, we kissed. He admitted his feelings, I admitted mine, blah blah blah, we’re together now.” He smiled. “That’s cool, I’m happy for you. Do you actually like this guy or are you doing this because you just want a boyfriend?” Dongwoon asked. “Shut up, I actually like him. He’s amazing. Okay? Now hush. I’ve got to go see him now, so I’ll talk to you all later. There’s food in the fridge, and you know how to work the tv.” He told his friends as he waved goodbye.
He saw Kikwang waiting by the entrance of the mall.
“Hey, babe.” Hyunseung smiled. Kikwang grinned at the sight of his boyfriend, and hugged him. Hand in hand, they set off for their journey in the mall. Kikwang was fascinated by all the nice things, and Hyunseung chuckled at his cute love. He was happy. He began to wonder, was this all just because he wanted a boyfriend? He didn’t think so. He had genuine feelings for his boyfriend, but the thought still lingered. He got rid of it quickly when Kikwang pulled him in for a kiss. Damn, his kisses sent him on a natural high. He loved having this boy as his. Hyunseung pulled out his wallet to buy Kikwang a little plushie he had been looking at every time they passed it. The other boy jumped for joy and insisted he didn’t have to do this, but Hyunseung shook his head and smiled. “I want to do this, babe. God, you’re so cute. The plushie just makes you cuter.” he laughed. Kikwang giggled and hugged him. “It’s getting really late, I should go home.” he told Hyunseung. He nodded, and off they went.
Strolling the streets together, they “ooooohed” and “aahhhhed” the beautiful stars that were out that night. They reached Kikwang’s apartment and he said, “I hate how it gets dark so early.” “But it looks so cool when I kiss you under the moon and stars.” Hyunseung said, kissing him. “The moon spirit is with us tonight, he’s giving us our blessing to make out cooly like this~” He joked. The other boy giggled so sweetly like he always did. “I had a great time today, Seung…” He trailed off. Hyunseung smiled and pushed Kikwang against the door. The boy’s eyes were wide, like he was taken by surprise. Suddenly, Hyunseung smashed his lips against Kikwang’s, and wrapped his arms around his boyfriend’s waist. The other boy responded by wrapping his around Hyunseung’s neck, and kissed him back just as intensely.
Kikwang broke the kiss and leaned his forehead against Hyunseung’s forehead. “I’d love to just hold you like this in my arms all night.” Hyunseung whispered. His boyfriend grinned, and gave him one last kiss. “I have to go inside now Seung. Thanks again for today, let’s do it again soon!” He smiled. Hyunseung waved goodbye, and started the walk back to his house, completely satisfied.
Opening the door to his apartment, he was surprised to see Doojoon still there eating his cookies. “Aish! Those are miiiiinnnnnneeeeeee!” He said trying to take them back. Doojoon held them out of reach, and said, “How was your date?” “It was great, now give me my ing cookies, I’m hungry.” “Did you guys do anything along the lines of too ual for a first date?” “Yeah, we had some pretty crazy first, then went to watch with his cousin and came back to have some ice cream. No, you dip .” “Damn, why are you so mean tonight?” Doojoon asked with wide eyes. “I’m sorry, I’m just irritated that you would think that.” Hyunseung said, rubbing his eyes. “Oh, have you even talked to Minho lately?” Doojoon said quickly. “Actually, yeah. I have. I told him about Kikwang and he seemed happy for me. He’s up his own girlfriend’s , so I don’t talk to him as much as we used to.”
 
From: Babe♥
 
I miss you baby♥
 
Hyunseung smiled.
 
To: Babe♥
 
I miss you too sweetface, you looked adorable tonight.
 
From: Babe♥
 
Oh, stop it you. You looked y as always c: Listen, I don’t really want to be alone right now. Do you mind coming over again for a few hours? Is it too late…?
 
To: Babe♥
 
Haha, stop worrying babe. It’s only 9. I’ll be there soon. 
 
“I gotta go. Are you staying the night here?” Hyunseung asked Doojoon. “I don’t know, probably. There’s nothing for me back at my house. Where are you going now?” he said irritated. “Kikwang wants me to come over.” He replied, grabbing his coat and heading for the door. “You two just ing saw each other!” Doojoon said laughing. “I know, but I’m not going to say no. I don’t know when I’ll be back, so…Bye.” Hyunseung ran down the street before his friend could say anymore. Why was Kikwang not wanting to be alone? Did something happen? He didn’t know, but he was excited to see his boyfriend again.
He knocked on the door and Kikwang opened it quickly, attacking Hyunseung in a hug. “I missed you…” He said with a wavering voice. “Babe, what’s wrong?” “I don’t know… I just kind of had one of those moments where I randomly break down.” Kikwang said sniffling. “It’s okay. I’m here now.” Hyunseung held his boyfriend.
They took a seat on the couch, while Kikwang blew his nose. “Here, let’s watch a movie. It will take your mind off everything.” Hyunseung suggested. They put on some random movie, and snuggled up to each other. Kikwang put his head on the other boy’s chest, and held his hand. Hyunseung had his arm wrapped tightly around his waist, like if he let go his boyfriend would slip away. Not even 10 minutes into the movie, soft snores from the cute boy laying on him were heard. Hyunseung smiled, and shut the tv off. He pulled Kikwang on top of him, and shut his eyes. The boy stirred, and opened his eyes just a little. “Seung?” He whispered. “Yes? It’s me. I’m here.” “I love you.” Hearts stopped, and Hyunseung chuckled. “I love you too Kiki.”
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
Hyunseung awoke to the smell of food. His stomach growled, and he sat up. Where was he? He rubbed his eyes and looked around. He must have stayed the night with Kikwang. He saw his boyfriend cooking breakfast, and he snuck up on the boy. He wrapped his arms around him, and kissed his neck. “Morning babe.” He smiled. The other turned around and grinned. “Goooooddd moorrniinnggg! I’m making breakfast, so sit down.” He piled pancakes and bacon, with eggs on a plate. He served it to his boyfriend and waited for a reaction. It was like heaven in Hyunseung’s mouth. “, this is great.” He said between bites. They ate their breakfast together, and curled up on the couch with some coffee to watch tv.
Kikwang gave his boyfriend a peck. “Thanks for coming over last night, baby.” Hyunseung smiled. “It’s no problem babe. But I have to be going. I don’t know if Doojoon stayed at my house last night or not. If he did, I’ll have a lot to clean up.” He groaned getting up from the couch. They kissed goodbye, and promised to see each other again soon.
Hyunseung opened the door to his house and noticed his friend wasn’t there. He probably didn’t stay then. He plopped down on his own couch and sighed. He had a good time with Kiki last night and sleeping at his house was really nice. But the “I love you” stuff was getting to him. Did he mean it? Whatever… He turned the tv on and flipped through the channels. He couldn’t get this off his mind. Kikwang was so cute, and amazing. But something was eating at him. They’d only been dating for two weeks and they were already confessing love? Was he even still having feelings for Minho? He couldn’t be in a relationship while liking someone else. That was like lying, and he was loyal.
He thought about Minho. How he melted into his hugs, and how they looked at each other. How they talked… But he thought about Minho promising to leave Kyung Hee and never going through with it. He just couldn’t take it. But he just didn’t feel right with Kikwang. He just didn’t… Kikwang was fragile. How was he supposed to tell him? He picked up his phone.
 
To: Babe♥
 
Meet me at the park.
 
Hyunseung quickly changed the contact name back to Kiki. He started walking out to the park. Surprisingly, when he reached his destination, his boyfriend was already there. He jumped up at the site of him, and ran to hug him. Hyunseung stopped the boys lips, and Kikwang looked tremendously hurt. They sat down on the bench. “Kikwang, listen. I’m sorry. My heart is somewhere else. I can’t. We have to break up.” He blurted out. The boy’s face was blank, his mouth open a little. Then he shut it and stood up. He slapped Hyunseung, and said “It’s the boy that you used to tell me about before me, isn’t it?” Hyunseung touched his face, it stung pretty badly. “Yes.” He replied quickly. Kikwang sighed and said, “I thought so.” he sat back down and stared straight ahead. “I could pretty much see it. I mean I’m mad, but not too mad.” Hyunseung’s heart broke. He felt so bad. Kikwang meant a lot to him, and he completely hurt him. He felt like . Suddenly, the boy stood up. “I’m going home, thanks for telling me in person and not doing it like a .” He walked away, leaving Hyunseung speechless. Then he too stood up and walked home.
It was true that he and Minho had been talking casually since Kikwang and Hyunseung started dating. But it was nothing much. He signed online and sent Minho a message
 
To: Choi Minho
 
Hey, Kikwang and I broke up. I don’t have anything to do today, so… Wanna hang out?
 
Sure, where?
 
You pick.
 
Meet me at the ice rink. (:
 
Minho signed off. The ice rink? Sounded fun. Hyunseung got his together and took a bus to the ice rink. He was excited.
Minho wasn’t there yet, so he waited patiently and began to skate alone. He was zoned out completely when Minho wrapped his arms around him from behind and said “BOO!” in his ear. Scared to death, the boy fell over with Minho falling right after him. They collected themselves and started laughing.
“Hey.” Hyunseung said. “Hey. What happened between you and Kikwang?” He was asked. “My heart wasn’t in the relationship.” He replied quietly. Minho nodded and began to skate circles around him. “Stop it, you’ll make me dizzy.” He laughed. He was grabbed as Minho started to fall. Electricity and chills shot through him. His heart raced as they fell on top of each other, and stared each other in the eyes. Hyunseung quickly got off and skated away, enticing the boy to chase him.
The day went on, and it was time to once again bid each other farewell. Hyunseung was definitely smiling as he walked away. He smiled the whole bus ride home, and the whole way into the house. He smiled the whole way to his bed, and the whole way through his journey of dreams.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
Hyunseung woke up to a million texts asking why he broke up with Kikwang and what had happened. He texted his three friends to meet him, and shut his phone off.
His door was being opened just 10 minutes later showing Doojoon. Then Dongwoon and Junhyung came at the same time. 
“What’s up?” They all asked. Hyunseung explained to them his reasons, and they all sat back and sighed. “So you’re telling me that you left a perfectly good relationship for Minho, who has a girlfriend and hasn’t even told you he likes you.” Dongwoon said. The boy nodded his head in response. “It’s whatever you want to do.” Doojoon said, uninterested. Junhyung stayed quiet.
For the rest of the day, Hyunseung spent his energy on being with his friends and thinking about Choi Minho.