Just two friends

A series of trapped love

Hyunseung was in complete awe as he walked away. He could not and would not believe that Junnie was in love with him. How could that even be? They had always been best friends. He reached his house and went into his bed room and shut the door. Sitting on the bed, he started to analyze. A few times he remembered that he and Junhyung had cuddled. He thought of it as a friendly way but maybe Junnie took it into another light. They had periods where they were very close, there were nights that Hyunseung played with Junhyung's hair for a long while. They enjoyed each other's company and of course, all of those things could be taken to a romantic level. Couples hung out a lot, played with each other's hair, cuddled, watched movies together... It still blew Hyunseung's mind. He had no clue how to approach him again or what to say when the time came that they had to talk again. Maybe they could pretend it didn't happen and just move on.

Hyunseung really didn't want to think about it much so he pushed it away and decided to go for a walk. He called Dongwoon to ask if he could join him. Agreeing, the two met up halfway between their houses. From there, they walked to the park. The park was such a fun place to be at because you could watch people being happy with their children or just anyone having fun on the grass. It also had good walking paths that were calming and enjoyable. Wanting to feel that, Hyunseung suggested they go down the paths. They needed to have some peace and quiet.

The two friends were silent for a while, just taking in the beauty of nature around the park. Then Dongwoon spoke up, talking about how things at home were. They were fine and his parents were fine. Woonie's brother was fine. Everything was fine. Staring into space Hyunseung just nodded and said, "Tell them all I said hello when you get home." Dongwoon stopped Hyunseung and asked what was wrong. "You haven't really said anything and you don't seem very talkative." "Listen Woonie, Junhyung said some crazy to me today." He sighed, realizing he needed to talk about it. "Like what?" Dongwoon asked. "He said he's in love with me." and from there he gave all the details he possibly could from the moment at the coffee shop. When he was done, Dongwoon just stared. "Junnie told me about his feelings awhile ago because he really needed to get it all out. I promised I wouldn't say anything but I strongly urged him to tell you." Hyunseung stared back at Dongwoon. He'd known about it already, maybe everyone knew. He didn't know. He just knew thinking about his best friend, someone he thought of as a brother, being in love with him made him uncomfortable.

 

It had been about a week since Junhyung had told Hyunseung his feelings and they hadn't spoken since. Hyunseung decided he wanted to make amends and he called his friend up to meet at the same coffee shop. With much hesitation, Junnie agreed. Hyunseung rushed out the door because he wanted to be the first one there this time and buy Junnie his coffee. He had just enough in his wallet for two medium coffees of any choice and the one he picked for Junhyung was the one he ordered a week ago. He turned around and saw Junhyung sitting at a table. He smiled and walked over, handing his friend the coffee. There was a grateful smile that returned the gesture and Hyunseung sat down.

"Let's not act like nothing happened last w---" "Don't talk about that." Junhyung interuppted with dark eyes. "Junnie it's okay, we---" "It's not okay, Seung. Don't talk about it." Junhyung repeated. There was a silence with intense eye contact. Junhyung stood up and said "Let's just take a walk and update each other on what has happened in each other's lives lately." With a nod, Hyunseung stood up and that's exactly what the two friends did.