A desolate few weeks

A series of trapped love

 

Today, it was particularly cold. All Hyunseung could do was shiver. His thin jackets never supported him, but what could he do? He didn’t want to bother his family with buying a new jacket for him. They didn’t exactly have a lot of money… But he made the best of what he had. Sprinting to the school, he ran inside to be greeted with the warmest room of the school. He walked through the halls, trying to find Dongwoon. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Minho. He instantly smiled when he saw him making his way to greet Hyunseung.
“Hey, you.” Minho smiled. “So what did you do this weekend?” Hyunseung questioned. He prayed Minho wouldn’t mention his girlfriend. He already knew they had every time they met, and he did NOT want to hear about it. “Just went out for some coffee with a few friends, that was it.” he avoided the obvious truth that they both knew. He hung out with Kyung Hee, and that was a subject they tried to avoid. Minho didn’t know why he didn’t like talking about his girlfriend with the other boy. It seemed like Hyunseung didn’t exactly like the idea of her at all. But, why? Could he be crushing on Minho? Stop it. That’s insane. They were just two good friends that had so much in common, and loved talking to each other. Right…?
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
Doojoon was going to see his boyfriend Yoseob. Since they lived far, they didn’t get to see each other much. But even so, he asked Hyunseung, Junhyung, and Dongwoon to tag along. It was a mall date, and apparently Yoseob was bringing a friend. His name was… Jonghyun or something. Hyunseung wondered if he was cute. If he was, he would definitely try to go after him. He just wanted a boyfriend so badly. He sighed, pushing Minho out of his mind for the day. They hadn’t talked much lately, anyways. Minho was almost ignoring him, it seemed. Not like he cared or anything. So off they all went, to meet this Jonghyun and the cute little Seobie  that Doojoon loved so much.
“So Doojoon, do you know if this Jonghyun guy has a girlfriend?” Hyunseung questioned his friend casually. Dongwoon and Junhyung threw each other glances. “Yeah, he’s actually bringing her along to the mall.” Hyunseung fumed. Wasn’t there a single guy ANYWHERE? Obviously not. Reaching the mall, they saw Yoseob waving frantically and a guy standing there awkwardly. Holy , he was hot.
“Doo! This is my friend Jonghyun. His girlfriend will come meet us somewhere, whenever she gets here. I missed youuu!” Doojoon laughed at his adorable boyfriend. “I missed you more Seob.” He took Yoseob’s hand and started off among the stores. Hyunseung made sure to walk near Jonghyun. The boy acted like he couldn’t be bothered with Hyunseung, he acted like he was a disease or something.
The day dragged on, and on. It was not something Hyunseung wanted to continue. He watched Jonghyun and his girlfriend all over each other the whole day. And Dongwoon had even brought an old friend along too. So it was just him and Junhyung.
Finally, it was time to leave. The ty girlfriend left, leaving Jonghyun acting melancholy once again. Hyunseung saw this as his chance, so he approached Jonghyun. Not knowing what to say, he started with “Those glasses are so cool. Can I see?” Jonghyun smiled and let the boy try them on. “I don’t think they suit me very well…” He giggled. “They look cute on you.” The other boy insisted. Chatting casually, they walked to the car to go home. “Where should we all sit?” Yoseob asked. Hyunseung knew damn well he would get the seat beside Jonghyun. 
 
On the way home, Hyunseung tried to flirt a little. “Can I mess with your phone? It looks really cool!” Jonghyun nodded. Hyunseung feigned stupidity. “I.. I don’t know how to do this. It’s one of those weird touch screens. Show me pleaaasseee~” He said cutely. Jonghyun took Hyunseung’s hands and glided them through a tutorial of the phone. They both felt little sparks here and there. When the tutorial was done, Jonghyun didn’t let go of the other boy’s hands. They rested on top of each other, neatly intertwined. Hyunseung’s heart was racing. Maybe he had a chance with this boy? But sadly, the time for Jonghyun to leave came. He gave Hyosung a smile, and left with Yoseob.
“GUYS. OH MY GOD. WE HELD HANDS.” Hyunseung yelled. Everyone laughed, and asked for exclusive details. “Oh come on, its not like we did anything else. Just holding hands, and occasionally head resting of the shoulders…” He giggled. Dongwoon squealed, and Doojoon chuckled. Junhyung smiled, but didn’t seem pleased. “What about his GIRLFRIEND?” Dongwoon asked. “Who cares? She seemed like a . Maybe he’ll leave her for meeeeee?” He proposed. They all laughed, and pushed the subject aside.
Arriving at Doojoon’s house, they all raced for the computer. “Look him up!” Hyunseung pressured. Sure enough, they found Jonghyun’s profile. Immediately a friend request was sent from Doojoon‘s profile, and almost immediately it was accepted.
 
From: Kim Jonghyun
 
Hey
 
Hey (:
 
Is Hyunseung with you?
 
Mhm, he’s right here with me.
 
Hey Hyunseung. (:
 
He says hi, haha.
 
What’s his number?
 
They all squealed and jumped for joy.
 
429-673-5829
 
I sent him a text. (:
 
He’s searching for his phone, haha xD
 
Hyunseung jumped for the phone, vibrating with an unknown number. He replied instantly, and smiled bigger than he ever has. “Maybe this will be the boyfriend you’ve been looking for, Seung!” Dongwoon giggled. “Oh please, he still has a girlfriend. Maybe he’s just a flirt…?” Hyunseung tried not to get his hopes up. “Pish posh! He likes youuuuu!” the other boy replied. “Ask him about his girlfriend.” Doojoon said.
 
To: Kim Jonghyun
 
So… I noticed we were getting a little close today. I was wondering about your girlfriend…
 
From: Kim Jonghyun
 
I can break up with her for you. (:
 
Hyunseung could not believe his eyes. “Omo! Yah yah yah! He’s breaking up with his girlfriend for me!!!” He screamed. Everyone stared wide eyed at each other, and squealed. “Looks like you’ll have a hater on your hands after this!” Doojoon laughed. “I don’t even CARE.” Hyunseung said. He was so happy, finally he would have a boyfriend. 
 
From: Kim Jonghyun
 
Okay, I broke up with her. I can’t wait to see you again (:
 
To: Kim Jonghyun
 
That’s great♥ I can’t wait to see you again either!
 
Continually texting for the rest of the night, Hyunseung fell asleep a very happy person. His wait was finally over, he was going to have a BOYFRIEND!
_____________________________________________________________________________________
 
“Rise and shine, text your lover.” Dongwoon taunted Hyunseung. “Oh hush, we’re not lovers.” he said back.
 
From: Kim Jonghyun
 
What’s up?(:
 
To: Kim Jonghyun
 
Nothing much, just sitting with Doojoon, Dongwoon, and Junhyung. (: You?
 
From: Kim Jonghyun
 
Which one was the one you hung out with the most the other day? Just sitting here.
 
To: Kim Jonghyun
 
Ummm… Dongwoon.
 
From: Kim Jonghyun
 
Can I have his number? I wanna talk to him. He seems really cool
 
Hyunseung stopped. Why did he want Dongwoon’s number? Reluctantly, he typed the digits in. Immediately Dongwoon got a text. After a while, Jonghyun wasn’t even responding anymore to Hyunseung. It raised a suspicion. Hyunseung bid his friends adieu, and walked home. Why wasn’t Jonghyun responding? Later that night, he received a text.
 
From: Kim Jonghyun
 
Look… You’re really cool and all, but I like Dongwoon. He says he likes me too. Please don’t be mad, you’re like the coolest person in the whole world.L
 
Hyunseung fumed. Dongwoon?! How could Dongwoon do that to him? He KNEW how excited he was about all of this. Soon, he received another text.
 
From: Woonie
 
Hey… Is it okay if Jonghyun and I date? I just wanted your permission first.
 
To: Woonie
 
Yeah, sure. I just want you two to be happy. It’s whatever….
 
From: Woonie
 
Oh my god! Thank you!♥ I love you!
 
Hyunseung set his phone down and went to sleep for the night.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
 
Two weeks passed by, and Hyunseung found out Dongwoon and Jonghyun had planned a date for the fair. It made his blood boil thinking that they would be on all the different roller coasters and rides together. Hyunseung had practically had dibs on Jonghyun! But even so, he was still supportive of them. They hadn’t started dating yet, but Dongwoon was one of his best friends. He had to support him through it, even if he didn’t really want to. He wanted Dongwoon to be happy. He was still so angry about it, so he signed onto Dongwoon’s online profile. He wanted to see if him and Jonghyun had been lovey dovey to each other yet. He clicked on Jonghyun’s profile, and his heart stopped at what he saw.
 
RIP Kim Jonghyun. We’ll miss you….
 
Oh god, why did it have to be Jonghyun?
 
Is Jonghyun really dead? What happened?
 
We love you, Jonghyun…
 
Hyunseung frantically kept scrolling.
 
You’re in a better place now, Jonghyun…
 
Why did you do it? You could have talked to someone….
 
Did WHAT? What the was going on?! What did Jonghyun do?! Then it hit him. Jonghuyn had said something about being depressed… No. No. That’s not it. Jonghyun did not kill himself. He had Dongwoon, why would he be depressed? God. No. He kept scrolling.
 
RIP Jonghyun…
 
Everyone, my friend Kim Jonghyun has committed suicide tonight. Keep his family in your prayers.
 
Hyunseung’s eyes teared up, his heart shattered, and he felt weak. It was all lies…. It had to be. His phone was ringing, it was Dongwoon. It seemed almost as if the call was an emergency, he could just feel it.
“Hello?”
“HYUNSEUNG! Jonghyun, he.. He.. He’s DEAD!” Dongwoon screamed. Hyunseung couldn’t contain the tears any longer. They cried together, not caring what they sounded like. Their hearts were broken. How could this have happened? What made him do it?
 
Later the next day, it was discovered Jonghyun had hung himself in his woods. It was a desolate day… For everyone. None of the four friends attended the funeral, they wanted to move on. 
“We only knew him for like 2 and a half weeks… And we’re this torn up.” Hyunseung told Doojoon. “How do you think Dongwoon feels? They were going to date.” Hyunseung stayed silent. He got up to leave, and walked around the block. Why did this happen to him? A boy he likes leaves him for his best friend, and then kills his self. What were the chances? He felt a drop of rain, before it started to pour. He ran down the street and into his house. There he made coffee, and cuddled up on the couch, lost in thought.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Ooookaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. I know this really , but it only because I'm writing about things that have actually happened to me in my life. This whole chapter is a true story, this actually happened to me. I'm sorry that it's pretty stupid. If it so bad you can't even read it, tell me! I'll work on a new story.