A Day Gone Wrong

Lucky Star (Chanyeol & Kai)

The following week after the party, I woke up at 9:00 AM. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, and it felt like I was on cloud nine. I was preparing myself for my afternoon date with Chanyeol, so I got ready. First, I took a shower and washed my hair. Next, I waved my hair and applied my BB cream and eyeshadow. After that, I opened the doors to my walk in closet to see what I was going to wear for this occasion. It was then that I realized that I didn't have any date-worthy clothes that were stylish enough. So, I put on a black cardigan, a white lace tank top, white shorts, and my favorite pair of cream flats. Even though it was October at the time, there was still a lingering amount of hot summer weather. I checked the time on my Samsung Galaxy Note: 10:05 AM. Chanyeol would be there by 2:00, so I had some time to fix my wardrobe situation.

     I went downstairs and greeted my mother and father.

     "Where are you going today?" , inquired my mom.

     "Going on a date with Channie.", I said casually as I walked to the fruit bowl and munched on a pear.

     " 'Channie'? Who's that suppossed to be?" ,  my father spoke up with a twinge of seriousness.

     "Park Chanyeol, Mr. and Mrs. Park's son, also known as her boyfriend !," teased my mother as she made kissing noises in my ear.

     "Stop it!~ Why must you tease me about him?" , I pouted as I crossed my arms.

     "Probably because she likes the idea of you two being together. The son and daughter of two business partners dating each other is not only very romantic, but quite good for business and relations as well.", explained my father simply as he read through an article on his laptop.

     I frowned at my father. No matter what, he somehow always found a way to relate every conversation he was involved in to business.

     "So, when is your sweetheart coming to whisk you away?", my mom wondered, grinning.

     I fought back a smile, as her cheesy statements of love were making me laugh. "If you must know, he's coming at 2:00. We'll be at the park in Seoul."

     "I see. Well, you'll be home alone when you get back, alright? Your father and I have an important meeting to attend downtown at 3 PM. Then, we'll have to discuss more matters on our merger and go over some figures. After that, we'll have some office work to do and phone calls to make. We should be home at about... 7:30.", explained my mother.

     "Alright, then. By the way, I was going to ask you if I could go to Gangnam and buy something to wear for this date of mine.", I said.

    "Sure. Myron, do you have her weekly allowance on you?", asked my mother.

    "Not right now... Hold on. " ,my dad replied as he ran up the steps to their bedroom. He shortly came downstairs with a white envelope that said , "Hailee's allowance - 1,000 USD." He handed it to me and explained that the money inside was equal to 1,000 US Dollars, but was actually 1,160,662 in South Korean Won. My dad then called Chulsoon-ssi and I was on my way.

     About fifteen minutes later, I was in the  Cheongdam-dong shopping district in Gangnam, where I first met Chanyeol. For memory's sake, I went to the same boutique that Chanyeol bought my ivory dress from.

     "Ah! Annyeonghaseyo! Back again?", the same saleswoman asked playfully in Korean.

     "Ne.", I chuckled. " Do you have any dresses that are suitable for wearing on a date?",I questioned in Korean.

     "Oh, yes! Follow me!" , she replied.

    She led me to the dress section of the boutique and I found what I wanted immediately. It was a beautiful pink dress with white polka dots on it along with a brown belt encircling it.* I then came across a cute charm bracelet to go with it**. After that, I brought my purchases to the cash register and I thanked the woman. I still had about five hundred US Dollars worth of money left (about 580,605 SK Won) , so I bought about three more outfits , a new pair of wedges, and a new purse. By the time I left the mall, it was 1:10 PM already. So, I got home as fast as I could and changed into my new outfit and refreshed my makeup. To relieve a bit of my nervousness , as it was my first date with him, I group texted my friends.

     Hailee:  About to go on my first date with Channie~ Wish me luck ! >.<

     Reina: good luck girlie ~! Hwaiting~!!!!

     Kellie: Have fun, but not too much fun ;)

     Yadira: Really? Yayyy~!! I hope u 2 kiss! hahahaha xD

     Sofia: Have fun! I'm going on my 1st date w/ jongin in Busan! Wish me luck too! ^~^

     Ember: Have fun u guys :D

     Bernice:  have a good time~

     I heard a car horn outside. Chanyeol was here! I put on my sparkly pink flats and raced down the steps with my purse.

     "Bye mom and dad! i should be home no later than 5:30!" , I hollered over my shoulder. I met Chanyeol at his personal car.

     "You look beautiful, as usual.", he complimented as he kissed my cheek.

    "Thanks." , I thanked shyly as I blushed.

    "Are you ready to go?" , he asked me.

     "Yeah!"

     After about twenty minutes, we arrived at Seoul National Park. Surprisingly, we were the only ones there. So, the atmosphere was perfect when Chanyeol led me to a picnic blanket beside a field of flowers.

     "Omo! Chanyeol! This is so sweet of you!", I said gratefully.

     "Speaking of sweet, here." Chanyeol handed me a knife and pulled a box out of the food basket. He opened it and showed me a strawberry shortcake, my favorite kind.

     "Thank you so much! You really outdid yourself. You honestly didn't have to do this for me.", I muttered embarrasedly.

     "Of course you did. You're my girl, and my girl only recieves the best.", he spoke, kissing my cheek.

     We held hands and talked for a moment, then we started to eat. Chanyeol packed a lunch of naengmyeon 1, bibimbap2, green tea, tteok3 , and bulgogi 4 , my favorite.

     After we ate, we began to wander throgh the park's flower display for an hour or so, staring at the beautiful plants. While we walked, my face began to feel hot, but not from blushing this time. To alleviate it, I fanned my face.

     'What's the matter?" , asked Chanyeol, concerned.

     Oh no... Not this... Darn it. How could this happen again? What do I do? I don't have anything to help me. Okay, just play it cool for now. You'll be fine, just don't let Chanyeol know anything. Nothing will ruin this date, nothing at all.

     "Oh, nothing. I'm just a little hot is all. But, I'll be fine, don't worry.", I reassured. We continued our walk throughout the park as I grinned and beared my skin being on fire. However, my troubles didn't stop there. Thirty minutes after my first ailment, I developed a painful headache and felt dizzy and feverish. I had pain on my arms and legs as well. I had a terrible sensation as if hot needles were being pushed into my limbs. I felt very ill indeed and Chanyeol must have noticed because started to look worried.

     "Hailee, why are you so red?", he asked.

     "What do you mean?", I responded confusedly. My face didn't feel hot anymore, so I couldn't understand why I appeared red. Contrary to what I thought, it wasn't my face that was red. Chanyeol held up my arm and I saw many red bumps on it.

     Crap... I didn't think this would happen... Why here? Why now?

     "Hailee, what's going on with you?!" , he panicked.

     "I'm having an allergic reaction.", I admitted finally.

     "To what?"

     I thought for a minute and then I knew.  I had troubles with my pollen allergy in the past, and it would always spiral out of cotnrol when I was around flowers. Flowers like the ones we both were looking at a while ago.

     "The flowers we saw ; I'm allergic to pollen." , I said vapidly.

     "What?! Why didn't you say anything, Hailee?!" , he fussed.

     "I'm sorry! I didn't want anything to ruin our date. Plus, I didn't think that anything would happen!" I didn't have any episodes with  my allergies for a year, so I thought that I grew immune to it. Just then, my throat became sore and my skin itched violently. I dropped down on the grass and harshly scratched my skin.

     "Stop scratching it! You'll make it worse!", Chanyeol commanded. It already was worse. Something had to happen quick. My allergy was so severe to the point that it could've killed me. Chanyeol got me away from the flower fields, but it didn't work too well. Then, the worst symptoms came along. My throat was no longer sore, but it was instead closing up and breathing became significantly difficult for me. This triggered me to hyperventilate and my surroundings became blurry and distorted.

     "Chanyeol, help me!" , I managed to choke out.

     "Can you walk?" , he questioned seriously.

     "Yes, just help me up." , I responded. Thankfully, a hospital was only about two blocks away. But, I wouldn't make it there by walking...

     As Chanyeol helped me up and we made our way there, my vision began to deteriorate even more. Even the clouds became imperceptable. Chanyeol's voice grew more and more distant. I felt numb and void of feeling. At last, my weak body gave out. With a loud thud, I collapsed. As I was slipping out of consciousness, I heard Chanyeol worriedly saying my name and begging me to open my eyes. I felt horrible, not only because of my pain, but I could not do as he asked. After a minute, my pulse became sluggish,  my senses ceased operation, and my breathing spaced out. Finally, all of my surroundings faded to darkness.

                                                                                               

                                                                                                FYIs and Links

    

                                                                        

* Dress : http://www.polyvore.com/glamorous_bow_polka_dot_skater/thing?id=56812941

** Charm Bracelet : http://www.polyvore.com/Tory%20Burch%20Shawn%20Charm%20Bracelet/thing?id=77428523

1. - Cold noodles

2. Rice mixed with assorted veggies

3. Rice cakes

4. Barbequed beef

    Message from the Author: Hey guys. I know that I haven't uploaded in an EXTREMELY long time. I am so sorry for that~! >< School got in the way of me doing anything with either of my fanfics. But, now that school is out, I will be updating more often, I promise. ;) Thanks for still being subbed to this story! Also, I'm not good at super-dramatic scenes, so I hope you didn't hate this chapter too badly. ~ :( As always, subscribe, upvote, and stay tuned for the next update :) Thanks for reading , everyone. :)