Later That Day

Lucky Star (Chanyeol & Kai)

Throughout the day, Chanyeol oppa was in five out of eight classes with me. The only classes that he didn't share with me were gym, music, and Korean. He broke down my schedule to me during our free period, which was first period, in the library. Besides that, we had second, third, fourth, and sixth period together. For free period, we talked and  he explained to me how people were at Seoul Academy and told me and his friends. I would meet them at lunch later..

                                                                                              Lunchtime

 

    Chanyeol led me to a table outside. Sitting there were his best friends that he was telling me about. He stood at the end of the table and said hey to them. Next, he introduced me.

    "Everyone, this is my girlfriend, Hailee.", he said proudly.

    "Annyeong!", they all greeted.

    I sat down while Chanyeol  introduced me to the maknae, Sehun, appa Suho, umma Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, (aka Bacon), and Dancing Machine Jongin, who was especially sweet to me.

    "So, have you been enjoying your first day so far?", he asked me caringly.

    "Yes. Thank you very much.", I replied.

    "You don't have to speak so formally.", he said sweetly. "We're your friends!"

    "Oh, I'm sorry. I'm not good with socializing..." , I apologized.

    "There's no need to apologize. I was just saying that you can relax around us.", he said , smiling at me.

    I smiled back. We spent the rest of the day talking about where I was from and about our schedules. As the bell rang, Chanyeol and I kissed goodbye and I was off to my next class, music. when i got there, the first person I noticed was Jongin. He was sitting at a desk, looking around the room lazily.

    I walked up to him. "Hi again." , I said.

    His face lit up. "Hi! I didn't know that you took music. Is that what you're enrolled for?", he asked me.

    "Yeah. Is Chanyeol in this class? I remember him saying that he did."

    His smile faded immediately. "No. he had this class already. In fact, the only friend I have in this class is you." , he explained, smiling again. I sat next to him just as our teacher started talking.

    "Hello students, my name is Mr. Shim and I will be your music teacher. We're going to have a lot of fun together this year. So, first let me take attendance and then I have a special activity planned!" he began to call roll. "Fields Hailee?"

   "Present.", I said softly. He continued when Jongin whispered to me.

    "Be careful. He does this each year. He calls up random students and makes them do some sort of song or piece of music to test their ability. He studies everyone to pick out the best."

    "I see you've had him before, am I right?", I assume.

    "Yes. I've had him for two years since he knows my talent. But you, I'm not sure about.", he whispered sadly.

    "Alright. I'll test your vocal ability first! So, i'll pick a couple to do a duet." , he said.

    We both eyed each other with concern.

    "Jongin! Why don't you come up? Let's see if you've improved from last year." Jongin walked up to the front unwillingly.

    Too bad. I wonder whom he'll-

    "Hailee! You're a mousey one. Come on up. I want to see if you can project.", he smiled. I blushed and went up.

    "Can you read music Hailee?", Mr. Shim asked.

   "Yes, I can." , I replied.

    "Good! Then you should have no problem reading especially since I separated the parts for you to sing. ", he said while handing us the sheet music.The selection was an English version of a Japanese song called "Eternity." Luckily, I already knew the song since it was on my iPod. I began to sing.

    HAILEE: I knew that we belonged together long before I knew your name

And the only thing I longed for was a sign to prove you felt the same.

 

  JONGIN: Somehow I knew your every secret just by looking in your eyes.

From the very moment I met you I was thinking of the rest of our lives.

BOTH: Just say to me..

JONGIN: I'm gonna love you 'till the end of time. Somehow two hearts have made a friend of time.

HAILEE: Eternity ~ Eternity ~ is on our side.

    Everyone was engaged in our performance. I could tell that Jongin meant every single word he sang, which disturbed me. This was a love song. Why else would he sing it so passionately unless he liked me? Personally, I thought that he was attractive, but I was Chanyeol's.

    As we sat down and everyone clapped, Jongin whispered to me, "You were perfect."

    "Thanks, you too.", I replied quickly. I couldn't hardly face him let alone talk to him because I knew that he liked me. His actions kind of explained it when i thought about it. The excessive smiling at lunch, the fading of his smile when i mentioned Chanyeol's name, the extra compliments.. It was obvious. Or was I reading into this too much? My conscience decided to choose the former. We continued the activity until everyone was done in the last five minutes of class. Mr. Shim had to grade our performances, so he said that our class could talk softly for the remainder of the period.

    "I didn't know you could sing like that.", marveled Jongin.

    "Yes. I've been singing my whole life.", I stated.

    "Well, your voice is quite beautiful."  "Just like you." , he whispered to himself.

    I heard him. "What'd you say?", I asked.

    "Uhh... nothing. I just said that your voice was beautiful.", he said shakily. His face began to redden.

    Luckily, the bell rang and I  could leave. Gym flew by quickly and before I knew it, the day was over! I survived! I was outside on a bench waiting for Chulsoon -ssi to pick me up when someone put their hands on my shoulders and shouted, "boo!" in my ear. I screamed and turned around to find a laughing Chanyeol.

    "Hahaha gotcha!!", he teased playfully.

    "Don't scare me like that!", I said, slightly upset. "Is that how you treat your new girlfriend?", I pouted.

    "Mianhae.", he apologized, sitting next to me. "So, how was your first day? Did you have any classes with my friends?"

    I froze. I didn't want to say much about Jongin because I was afraid that I could slip and tell him that he liked me. Stay cool. "Yeah, just Jongin in music class." I replied nochalantly.

    "Good! Did you have fun with him?"

    "Uhh.." Just then, Chulsoon-ssi arrived. "Oh! My driver's here. I have to go now. I'll text you later, okay? Bye!" , I said kissing him on the cheek.

    I got in the car and immediately thought about my situation. I knew that i couldn't tell Chanyeol that Jongin liked me. But, I didn't want to be a dishonest girlfriend. I soon figured that I'd help their friendship by not saying anything, becuase if I did, it's tear them apart. So, I went with that. Besides... what was the worst that could happen?

 

 

 

                                                                     Thx for reading! Stay tuned for the next chapter! Subscribe and upvote!! :)