Preparation

Lucky Star (Chanyeol & Kai)

A month had passed since my first day at Seoul Academy. Everything ran smoothly; Chanyeol and I were happy, I had no drama with Jongin, and to my surprise, I actually made friends! For that month of October, I felt like everything was full of bliss.

    One day, my mother said that to celebrate our new home, we would be throwing a grand ball. I was overjoyed. My first grand ball that I'd finally be old enough to attend! Only the most powerful, wealthiest, and most important people were guests. The guests of honor would be the Park family, the family my parents' company merged with.

    The party would take place the following week , so we had to prepare quickly. Through that whole week, I could hardly spend time with Chanyeol or my friends, since my mother made me her assistant in planning the event. Chanyeol wasn't too happy...

    "Hailee", he said on the phone, "you've hardly talked to me or hung out with me this whole week. Can't you take just one day off?", he asked pleadingly.

    "I'm sorry Chanyeol, but I can't! I have to help my mother plan this event It's tonight!", I explained.

    "So what? Why's it so important to you anyway? It's just some stupid party...", he said bitterly. I gasped. I felt hurt.

    "This party means a lot to me! For me, it's not only a celebration of my family's house, but everything good that's happened to me since I got here! Don't you care about any of that?" I spoke. I heard nothing on the other line. After a minute, I only heard a deep sigh. "Chanyeol?"

    "I'm sorry, Hailee. I didn't mean to say that. Truth is, I've been stressed because coincidentally, I have a party to go to tonight as well. Since this is my first important party too, my mom's been slamming me with extra ettiquette lessons and suit fittings and other stuff I hate.. I just took out my frustration on you. I'm really sorry.", he said sincerely.

    "It's okay. I promise though, as soon as this party ends tonight, I'll call you and we can make plans for tomorrow." , I assured.

    "Sounds good. Talk to you later, yeobo. Bye.", he said sweetly.

    "Bye.", I blushed.

    I got back to work. My next task was to look over the guest list. I skimmed it and found all of my friends' names on it! Sofia, Reina, Bernice, Ember, Kellie, and Yadira were all coming! Yes!

    An hour later, my mother took me to my dressmaker to see my finished dress. I had gotten measured for it 6 days and I couldn't wait to see it!

    "Annyeonghaseyo!", greeted my dressmaker, Ayumi.

    "Annyeonghaseyo!", said my mother and I.

    "So, Ms. Hailee, are you ready to see your gown?", smiled Ayumi.

    "Definitely!" I replied, excited.

    "Okay then! Follow me!" She led us into her showroom and uncovered the dress.

    I gasped. It was gorgeous! It was was a sparkly light gold colored gown with short ,sheer sleeves and a small crinoline slip , which gave the skirt a little volume . There were also 3 inch heels to go with it.

    "Thank you, Ms. Ayumi!", I said excitedly.

    "I'm so happy you do! Try it on!", mother suggested.

    My dress fit like a glove. I loved it. When I tried on the shoes, I stared at myself in the mirror. I actually looked like a real princess. I knew I was told many times over that I was beautiful, but that was the first time I actually believed it.

    "This is going to be the best night of my life!" I exclaimed. And it would be. Not only for me, but for others as well...

 

 

 

                              Thanks for reading everyone! Stay tuned for part 2! I hope you liked it! :)