Confusion

Lucky Star (Chanyeol & Kai)

I arrived home about 20 minutes later and my mother rushed up to me as soon as I walked in.

    "Hailee! You had me worried.", she said, being overprotective.

    "I'm sorry. I shopped longer than I thought I did." , I responded.

    "That's alright. What's that you have?", she asked, pointing to my shopping bag that contained the dress that Chanyeol oppa bought me.

    "Oh, nothing. Just a dress...", I said, looking at the floor.

    "Let me see.", she said , taking the dress out. "This is darling! You should wear this to school tomorrow!

    "Oh, yes, that.", I replied unenthusicastically. I forgot about school being the next day and I didn't want to be reminded.

    "You'd look great in in, honey. Wear it tomorrow, it'll be perfect.", she suggested.

    "Alright, I will." , I replied. I didn't really have an outfit planned, so I agreed. I went to sleep early that night. I was really tired , probably because of the 13 hour time gap between Seoul and New Jersey. As I slept, all i dreamt about was home. The marble staircase, the family portrait in the foyer.... everything. Our new house had the same things, but it didn't feel the same at all. But, I was able to deal with it... However, i almost wouldn't be able to deal with the events that happened on the folowing morning...

                                                                                The Next Morning

My phone alarm woke me up at 6:00 AM. Good. I had an hour and 15 minutes. I took 10 of them showering, 30 of them waving my hair, 10 doing my makeup and 5 getting dressed.  As I saw myself in the mirror, I couldn't help but think of Chanyeol oppa. How sweet he was. But, I pushed that out of my mind.

   "Stop it Hailee!! Quit thinking about him! It's not like you're going to see him again anyway!"

I ran down the steps and kissed my parents goodbye.

    "Have a good day!", callled my father.

   I thanked him and got in the car. The ride was long and boring. Even though the school was only 7 minutes away, it took an extra 5 to get there. There were loads of traffic and I asked Chulsoon-ssi why.

    "It's always like this each day, Ms. Fields. Many students attend this school, so it can get extremely crowded.", he explained. As long as I got through the first day, everything would be okay. That was my logic. The car pulled up to a very large high school with hundreds of students. The front entrance read "Seoul's Academy of Arts and Sciences for the Mentally Advanced". It seemed very prestigious. But, I did not lose hope. Well, at least not all of it.

AS I stepped into the main entrance, I was in awe. Not as much by the surroundings, but the size! The school could've fit at least 2,000 students. I recieved looks from everyone who saw me. Some took notice that i was a foreigner. Others stared at me because they thought that I was beautiful. Regardless, I kept my head down and buried it into my class schedule. My homeroom was with Ms. Choi in room 3-103. I discovered that there were six hallways in the school: 1,2,3,4,5,&6. There were about 15 to 20 rooms to each hallway. This applied for both the upper and lower levels. The main, or first, hallway was excessively crowded. That was because the main entrance was near and the library was also.

As I was trying to navigate my way, I bumped right into a tall student. He wasn't happy at all.

    "Yah! Watch where you're going!", he said annoyed.

    "Mianhamnida!", I said twice. I bowed twice and almost bowed a third time when I stopped. The stranger stared at me and I stared back at him. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was Chanyeol oppa.

 

                                                                                              FYI's :)

Just so you guys know, everything that Hailee says is in Korean. Only her thoughts are in English, and seldomly when she talks to herself. :) Thanks for reading! Stay tuned for the next chapter.