I Got A Boy

Lucky Star (Chanyeol & Kai)

   Chanyeol and I immediately locked eyes with each other. We both met each other halfway with both of our crews of friends following us. The both of us embraced warmly and he held my hands as he spoke to me.

   "Sweetheart! You .. you look stunning!", he remarked, genuinely amazed.

   "Aww! Thanks, Channie. You look quite attractive tonight as well." , I winked. Attractive, indeed. He was dressed in an expensive black suit that matched his silky jet black hair. I silently admired his perfect, pouty berry colored lips along with his milky white skin which beautifully contrasted with his large chocolate brown saucers for eyes. We stared at each other for a few moments until my mother noticed us while she was walking by and broke the silence.

 "Oh! Hailee, this is Park Chanyeol. He's the son of Mr. and Mrs. Park, whose company we merged with. He's a guest of honor, so make sure to take care of him and treat him well!" , she smiled. She then walked away to her business conversations. We both stood in our same positions that we were in before my mother talked to the two of us. Chanyeol and me gaped at each other with our mouths open, waiting for one of us to speak. I took initiative and verbalized my thoughts.

"You're the son of Mr. and Mrs. Park?", I wondered.

 "You're the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Fields?" , he interrogated back.

 "Well, yeah, I am. But, even though we knew each other's surnames, we managed to wait until now to put two and two together.", I stated bluntly.

 "True. I don't know why. Hm. How odd. I didn't know that we were so close, though.", he said surprised.

 "Same here. Well, I guess that i should introduce-" I turned behind he to introduce my friends thinking that they were still behind me, when in fact they were already sitting at a table with his friends. "Oh."

 " Well, I guess they introduced themselves!", Chanyeol chuckled. "Let's grab a seat with them."

 We sat down with them at a large round table with a white table covering. By the looks of it, everyone seemed to be in couples and each one was engaged in an intimate conversation. There was Kellie talking to Suho, Ember chatting away with Yixing, Yadira and Kyungsoo sharing recipes with each other, Reina and Sehun acting cutely, Bernice and Baekhyun laughing from inside jokes, and Jongin romantically talking to Sofia. At first, I was surprised at how much interest he took in Sofia. But, after a minute, I stopped paying attention. Obviously, he didn't like me anymore, so I didn't mind. I also noticed that Ember talked to no one at all but Yixing. She was getting in all of the talking that she could. That was because Yixing could only visit Ember only four times a year with two weeks in each visit since he lived in China, not South Korea. Luckily, his mother did a lot of business with my father and he was invited to come, which made the two happy.

 Throughout the evening, everyone talked, ate, flirted, and laughed. At about 8:15, my mother took Chanyeol and I away from our table to make a speech. The both of us walked together as we made our way up to the small stage at the far right of the room.

 "Hello, everyone. Thank you all for coming tonight, especially those of you whom came from overseas and flew in. My family and me would just like to make a short speech about how much this party means to the three of us. This is a celebration of being in our new home, Seoul. It is also a celebration of our new merger with Park Accounting, Incorporated. If it weren't for the Park family, our guests of honor tonight, my family and I would not be here right now." , began my father. He then went on to talk about the history of his and my mother's business and how it came to be what it was. I stood silently, half-listening when Chanyeol looked over at me and smiled, accompanied by his charming wink. I blushed immediately and looked down. I hoped in my mind that no one noticed that; nobody knew yet that the two of us were dating..

My attention became directed to my father as I heard clapping come from the audience. I saw him bow as he thanked Mr. Park for being such a wonderful business partner and friend. My mother followed suit with Chanyeol's mother. Finally, it was my turn.

 I tried my best to muster up the correct words to say. "Channi- Chanyeol, (I almost said Channie instead) thank you for being my first friend in Seoul and for being kind to me always. May we have many more years of friendship with each other!", I smiled as I bowed to him. I took my place next to my mother on the stage as he grinned at me mouthing "good job". I winked in response.

That was close. Nice bullet dodging, Hailee. The only reason we didn't say anything about our relationship was because we didn't want anyone to gossip or meddle in our relationship. Chanyeol and I figured early on that since our parents were all wealthy and influential, we would most likely be talked about amongst their friends and colleagues. However, Chanyeol and I didn't want our personal love lives out in the open. So, we figured not to say anything to our parents or act familiar around each other, since we both knew that they would be the first to make a mountain out of a molehill with that.

"As I stated at the beginning, we really appreciate the coming of all of you. Thank you everyone! Have a good night!", closed my father. Finally, we recieved our coats from coat check and left.

Outside, while I was waiting for our limosine and for my parents to finish up talking, Chanyeol appeared next to me.

"So, tonight was quite fun, wasn't it?", he asked, chuckling.

 "Yes, it was actually a lot more fun than I thought it'd be! But, that was only because of you of course!", I smiled, kissing him passionately.

 "Hailee, you're a risky little devil. You're kissing me when your parents are near?", he smiled slyly. "I like it.", his deep voice purred in my ear as he kissed my neck lovingly.  Just then, a car horn from a distance beeped. "Oh, I have to go now. Bye, sweetie." , he parted , giving me one final hug. I waved him off.

A few minutes later, my mother and father were ready to leave. On the car ride home, my mother interrogated me.

 "So, how did you like Park Chanyeol? He's a nice boy, isn't he?", smiled my mother.

 "Yes, he is quite a gentleman... ", I said casually.

 "Attractive, is he not?", she asked again.

 "He is a nice looking guy, yes." , I simply spoke.  Alright, how much more is she going to say about him? Does she seriously think that I don't know that she's trying to hook me up with Channie?

As she spoke up to ask something else, I cut her off.

"Mom, you don't have to beat around the bush. You want me to like Channie, I understand." , I said, rolling my eyes.

 " 'Channie'? Since when did you become so familiar with him?", she wondered.

 Darn. I called him Channie... Strike one. Bring it back, recover from it!

"Um.. I uh.. got to know him more over the course of the evening...", I said quickly, which was true to an extent.

 "Hailee, stop lying! Whenever you lie, you stutter. What's going on with you and him?", she interrogated as she narrowed her eyes through the front mirror.

Uh oh. Now she's suspicious. Strike two. Well, hopefully I can recover again and she won't know that he's my boyfriend.

"He's your WHAT?!", she exclaimed.

Oh, crap! I thought I only said that one in my head! Strike three... I'm out...

"Why didn't you tell me, instead of keeping it from me and lying to me?!" , she protested.

 "I'm sorry! I didn't want anyone to gossip about us so we both kept the secret to ourselves.", I explained.

 "WE?!"

Ugh! Now, I'm digging our graves. Perfect. I got my own boyfriend into trouble too because of my big mouth. Just my luck.

" I wish you would've told us sooner! Next time don't keep things away from us, understand?!", she yelled.

 "Y-yes, ma'am!", I assured.

 A couple of minutes later, I got a text from Chanyeol.

 Channie: Did you get busted too? ;)

 I laughed as I typed my response.

Hailee: I sure did! xD it looks like our secret mission failed! :(

Channie: No worries, at least they're not mad. I think we both gave them TMI! haha :) Just get ready to wear couple t-shirts and a smile to hide you embarassment xD

Hailee: Haha! Alright, then! Well, I had a fun time tonight! This time next week, let's go to the park, yeah? it'll be fun with the 2 of us :) Goodnight, sweetie!

Channie: Okay then! Goodnight, my lucky star xo ;)

A few moments after that, I recieved a number of texts  from my friends.

  Kellie: Suho is now the Romeo to my "Julliette" ;)

 Reina: I am now Sehun's "Dream Girl' ! ;)

Bernice: I am no longer "y , free and single and ready to bingo"! Baekhyun's changed that ;)

Sofia: I have to say "sorry sorry sorry " to being single, bcuz Jongin is my man now!!! lol

Yadira: Guess what?  " I GOT A BOY!" :D And his name is Kyungsoo!!! :D

I smiled at their happy messages. I knew they'd all be made for each other. I sent a message to all of them collectively.

Hailee: I'm so happy for all of you guys!!! Good luck with your new boyfriends!! ;) goodnight!

 

 About twenty minutes later, I went home, washed off all of my makeup, tied up my hair, and got into my pajamas. As I went to sleep,  I reminisced about that night and how perfect it was.

 I'm so happy I came here..  I blew out my vanilla scented candle and went to sleep, happily dreaming of me and Chanyeol.

 

Sorry for not updating for so long, guys. But, I hope it was worth the wait! Thanks for reading, you guys. Stay posted for the next chapter! :D