A New Start?

Lucky Star (Chanyeol & Kai)

 

The news of us moving came in May. With the following three months, my parents prepared to relocate and confirmed everything from furniture delivery to hiring the housing staff at our new home. Through the end of spring and summer, I felt worthless. I almost felt as if my feelings and opinions didn't matter. To cope, I wrote songs about my experiences.
   I also continued my self taught Korean lessons. At that time, I had learned it for four years and was fluent in it. I loved to study languages. Along with Korean, I was studying Chinese also and sang in Japanese very well.
   Along with being talented, I was very smart. I had a 3.85 GPA and skipped a grade four years back. So, at the time, I was in 11th grade when I should have been in 10th. 
 
September 1st was when we settled in. The next week was hectic because everything arrived from our old house, except for the new staff which I had to be introduced to. 
 
  "Hello. My name is Hailee." , I said softly. I was introduced to my driver, Jung Chulsoon. 
 
A few hours later, I asked him to drive me to Apgujeong-dong. He agreed.
 
  On the way there, I put in my headphones and fell asleep while having SNSD's songs on shuffle.
 
  "We're here , Ms. Fields.", announced Chulsoon-ssi as we arrived in the parking lot of the large mall,
 
 "Thank you. I'll just get out from here. Please don't chaperone me. Just meet me here again in two hours.", I requested.
 
  "Yes, Ms. Fields.", he replied obediently. I asked him not to follow me because I wanted to walk alone. I needed to clear my head. But it would be futile, because little did I know that my mind would be fogged up with the sweet memories of a certain stranger...