In Blithe

3 Weeks to 143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Before the dawn, before the dawn ne~” I was woken up with Infinite’s lovely voices threatening to shatter my eardrums with their loud voices. Then I remembered sleeping with the phone on my hand and assumed that my hand which the phone is located is close to my ears that’s why their voice is 100x louder than usual. I answered it immediately before it can blow my ears off.

“What?” I spat making sure the caller hears the disdain in my voice.

“I want to go out. 10:30, you have an hour to prepare and decide where you’ll be taking me.” The voice said.

I was still thick headed from sleep to understand those words so I immediately complied, “Yes.” And went back to sleep.

Moments later, I was awoken with Infinite’s voice again.

“What?!” I roared.

“One hour’s up. Where are you?”

The enormity of my anger caused my body to stir up and soon enough I was wide awake and ready to make the sleep-wrecker pay.

“What are you talking about? Let me get some sleep!” I shouted again. Seriously, I need to get back to sleep.

There was a click at the end of the line and soon enough the familiar beeping of an ended call resonated in my ear. Good. I will really be going to sleep now and –

One New File Received.

I frowned at the flashing file on my screen but otherwise opened it. It was a recorded audio.

“What?” I heard the familiar vocal sound of mine.

“I want to go out. 10:30, you have an hour to prepare and decide where you’ll be taking me.” The boy the same as the one’s I just spoke to, said.

There was a pause for a moment then my voice identical to mine said, “Yes.”

The moment I finished listening to that recorded audio, my phone went off again and I know, I just know it was Kim Jongin without looking at the caller I.D. he’s the only one taking pleasure on making my life a living hell. Well, he’s the only one I know of.

“Now get your sleepy head off bed cause I’m giving you another hour to prepare.” He announced with his voice eerily cold –just like the first day we talked to each other.

“What the hell was that?” I demanded immediately.

There was a moment of silence at the other end of the line that I thought he’s going to slam the phone shut. Again.

“Hey, I demand explanation! When did you record that audio? Is that me talking at the other end of the line?”

“Yes and yes. And I know you’re going to ask again but the last time I checked, we had an agreement that you’ll be taking me out whenever I want to. Take longer than an hour and you’re paying.” That bossy state I loathed the most was what welcomed me early in the morning. What did I do to make the fairies hate me and decided to take back the nice Kim Jongin?

“Where would I be taking you?” I sighed, defeated.

“Anywhere as long as I’m going to have fun.” He briefly answered then the familiar tutut rang on my ear again.

***

Of course, being the sleepyhead that I am, I arrived later than the time he had set for me. Who wakes up so early in a goddamn Sunday morning anyway?

“You’re paying.” He announced even before I arrived in front of their gate. He was leaning lazily on it, the boredom on his face all evident. He was wearing a black skinny jeans paired by a button up polo shirt that obviously defines his impossibly good figure. I wonder if this is intentional.

He looks so damn good with his hair disheveled paired with a sullen look on his face. That astonishment was short-lived when his lips turned into a full smirk. Something I grew accustomed off.

“Who wears pants on a date?” He asked mocking my outfit blatantly while his eyes wander from my head to toe. I suddenly felt myself flush and began to grow uncomfortable under his gaze. It wasn’t my fault that I wouldn’t go out of my way to beautify myself when I’m just going to spend the rest of the day with him. What’s wrong with jeans and shirt and converse anyway?

And something’s wrong with that question too.

“Who says this is a date?”

“Well, much to my disappointment, what would you call when a girl and boy go out with only the two of them alone?” He asked back.

“We can ask Baekhyun to come,” I suggested eagerly.

“Well, that’s a nice option since you’re paying.” He shrugged nonchalantly making me want to smack that smirk on his face with the sole of my shoes.

“Fine.” I said grumpily and started to walk off the direction I first came from.

Without having a hard time catching up, he immediately fell silently beside me.

“So where are you taking me?” He finally asks.

Now, it was my turn to smirk.

“Well, would you care for a little surprise?”

***

“What are we doing here?” Jongin asked tentatively, face horrified at the woman handing him out a pink, fluffy cotton candy.

I took the liberty to actually accept the sweet stuff and pay for it.  I started munching on the sweetened food savoring how it melts into my tongue.

I handed him the cotton candy and he stared at it like I just handed him a dynamite about to explode anytime. He watched me eat mine while his frown deepened, looking everywhere but his own food.

“Hey!” He protested when I took a pinch from his untouched cotton candy.

“I thought you don’t want it.” I said in defense.

“What are we doing here, Kyung-Soon?”

“Having the so-called date, remember?” I shrugged, taking one big part of his candy once more. This time, he doesn’t seem to care.

“A date? At a children’s park? Are you serious?” He asked, incredulous. I could have swear, it’s one of the priceless expression he ever showed me. I regretted not bringing my DSLR.

“Uhm, sorry? But this park is not merely for children. It’s an amusement park, just so you know. People who want to be amused hang out here.”

Convinced that he doesn’t really want his cotton candy, I took another handful of the product only for my hands to be swatted away rather forcefully.

“This is mine!” He stated, taking a bite from the candy itself.

“Eww,” I scrunched my nose in disgust. “You could have used your fingers to eat that up.”

“It’s my cotton candy, remember? And I demand we change the location of our rendezvous.”

“So I see it’s not a ‘date’ anymore?” I smiled in triumph. He shrugged and took a mouthful from his candy once more.

“And hey. I don’t want to change locations. You said it’s up to me where I’ll be taking you. And I want it here.” I said innocently, feeling more triumphant than ever.

“This is not my idea of ‘enjoyment’.”

I just looked at him with my arms crossed against my chest. I am so not changing locations.

“Fine. Lead the way.” He grumbled, defeated.

I gladly did so and as cliché as it may seem, our first stop was at the horror house.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter