The Deal Pt. 1

3 Weeks to 143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-Flashback-

“Three wishes.” The mean guy with usher lips and skin darker than normal Koreans, said; holding up three long fingers in my face. His eyes are glowing with something I’ve never seen before –triumph? Luck? Happiness? I don’t know.

I tried not to flinch under his eerie gaze. “I am not a genie.” I said indignantly. Three wishes are for Aladdin only, idiot. And if it was Aladdin here in front of me, I’d be more than happy to double his wishes.

His eyes that held so much emotion suddenly went blank and cold, going unreadable. He put his hands in his pockets. “Well then, forget collaborating for Mr. Kang’s project.” He turned and headed towards the door.

“Hey! I was kidding!” Damnit. I sprinted towards the door shutting it close before he could go out of the room.

He looked at me coolly. “You saying something?” he asked. His voice is cold and detached, lacking interest.

“Yes.” I jeered. “I mean I’ll do that three wishes thing. What do you want?”

His cold and uninterested demeanor was replaced with a sudden rush of interest. Seriously? Is this guy bi-polar or something? I decided not to answer that.

 “Now tell me what you want.” I said rather impatiently.

“First,” he said holding up a finger “you have to do all school-related things since I’ll be busy working with our project. That includes doing my homework, jotting down notes for me and letting me copy when we have a quiz or something.”

I looked at him like he just grew a tail. I’m waiting for him to tell me he’s kidding, and that I should be laughing, but his silence proved that I was waiting for nothing.

“Second –“

“Wait!” I shrieked. “That’s no fair! I work hard to get good grades during exams; I also work hard for the assignments. You can’t just copy everything like that without exerting any effort.”

“Well, come to think of it. You’re right.”

I smiled in triumph.

“I work hard for the dance steps I’m creating too. That means I shouldn’t just let you have my grade either. Without exerting effort.” He smiled back, my previous, triumphant one.

I thought about his words for a moment. “Point well taken, Mr. Kim.” I sighed in defeat

He opened his mouth to speak again but I beat him out to it. “But still, I’m not letting you copy everything and just cheat. I’ll be tutoring you after school and we’ll do the assignments too. I’m exerting effort here too, you know.”

He decided to give my statement a careful thought, his forehead creasing occasionally. Finally, he looked at me. “I think I can handle that.”

I frowned. What? You can handle that, sure. It’s more like if ‘me’ can handle that. I decided not to vocalize these thoughts.

“Can I continue now?” he asked; his dazzling grin spreading on his face like wildfire. I didn’t reply but instead rolled my eyes.

“You have to cook meals for me, bring me lunch in school, look out for my things, and take me out when I’m bored.”

I smiled; at this I didn’t freak out. “That’s easy. I’ll hire you a nanny.”

He shook his head vehemently. “YOU have to do it.” He countered

“Is there any difference?” I shot back

“Am I going to tell Mr. Kang to give the grade to the nanny you’re going to hire?”

I looked at him with a wild expression on my face, hoping that somehow, he’ll get a hint that I’m not accepting all of this bull. He, however, being as dense as I thought him to be, proved my theory correct. I know the ‘Kyung-Soon’ me wouldn’t just swallow these ludicrous things but another part of me reminded that it is the ‘Kyung-Soon’ here, asking for a favor, one goddamn favor –it is me who needed help. Besides, it’ll only last for three weeks. Three weeks couldn’t go that bad, right?

“Yeah, fine. I get the point. And the third?” I demanded, bracing myself for the worst.

He seems to be in a deep thoug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter