The green-eyed monster with the case of sour grapes

3 Weeks to 143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


If voices this loud could make a body malfunction, I’ll be dead by now. Without a doubt.

Go Kim Jongin!

Go Jongin-oppa!

Kai, kyaaaaah~

Oppa, you’re so cool!

You can do it, fighting, oppa~!

And cheers of that sort erupted from a group of girls opposite our bench –mostly consists our competitors. Our freaking competitors that snatched Kim Jongin away from us when it was supposed to be per-section team. They insisted on a two-group match so that all class can be mixed together.

And Jongin is the one they had stolen before he could even decide.

So now, I was left with our classmates plus students from other classes. I am only so thankful that one of them is Byun Baekhyun. Other participants don’t matter anymore.

It was a close fight, really. And still is a close fight because Jongin is the one who brings them victory while we’re here, his classmates (whom he’s supposed to be bringing that victory) are struggling to catch up to their scores. Somehow, we manage.

These events caused me to dig my nails rather forcefully on my palms, sure to leave a mark. And my eyes and head now hurt for rolling my eyes in what seem like the thousand times this day already. I know I roll my eyes a lot, but I never done it this much. And the reason? Because ing Jongin’s team is now winning the senior batch’s last P.E. competition. I would have loved it if only I am on his ing group.

“Don’t be so grumpy,” Baekhyun pats me on the back and I am just so glad that he is here to hold down my horses because if not… because if not…oh my ing god why the hell is Jongin being so damn cheeky with that class C all over him.

“I swear if glares could kill, Kkamjong would be smitten by now,” Baekhyun tries to lighten up the mood but I can’t help but wish that really, really, I do hope scowls like this could kill because oh god I’m going to kill those s along with their master, Kim Jongin.

But then, if glares could kill, I’d be dead over a century ago, too.

“We’re going to win, Baek, right?” I squeezed his soft hand that patted my back, showing my face full of determination. Of all the times he should have laughed, I can’t understand why he did it now and I was about to smack his head when he says, “Chill, of course we’re going to win.”

*

The last game is that off the swimming pool. A pair needs to get to the other end of the pool without falling off from the ball and landing safely on to what they call, ‘the shore’.

It was test for balance, endurance, stamina since keeping a ball from rolling on the water is a task for someone with brains, endurance and skills. This is my favorite game among all the games in here. Because I’m so sure, that I do a better job in balancing everything.

I just don’t understand why I can’t balance Kim Jongin to my life accordingly. The thought made me nauseous.

Baekhyun stripped out of his jogging pants and is now wearing a blue swimming trunk that is hanging low on his hip. His muscles are well defined as the sun illuminates his pale skin –ohmygod, why am I even looking at his body? I tried to look away but remember that I should have been immune to this because I already saw Jongin countless of time –

Jongin, upon remembering, came into view wearing the swimming trunk same as Baekhyun. Only, the waistband of the swimming piece is hanging dangerously low on his hips that I can’t help but think it might fall of anytime he run or make the slightest movement. But it didn’t, because he’s now walking towards his own group. I’ve only seen Jongin half- countless of times in his room before, but I’ve never seen him show so much skin. His muscles are taut, abs well-defined, and his bronze skin that now glistened under the sun made it appear like he just walked out of a fashion magazine, inside the issue of How to look so ing hot with your swimming trunks on or How to make girls go ‘Oh’ at the sight of your body which is the thing that he is exactly doing now.

And then the realization dawned on me. The devil is competing against us, directly.

For the past few games, he competed only when his group is already losing (which is frequently) and never decides to be a front-liner. But now…

I clenched my fist so tight my nails dug into my skin (again). These marks on my palm will remind me of the feeling of being betrayed, the disappointment and the hurt because Kim Jongin did not just side with the enemy, he plans to fight against us as well.

We, the two of us, are supposed to be a team. Am I the only one thinking that?

 

 

And as expected, that clingy class C is the one to play with Jongin. She is wearing a bright pink bikini top and a short short shorts that can almost be considered as a . Why did she even bother wearing one?  She might as well be , and she can still stand among this swarm of students now eyeing her with hungry eyes. I wish those looks could eat her.

I ignored the clenching inside my stomach and the ball of fury now residing inside my throat. My issues could be resolved later. For now, I have to focus on winning this game, or else I won’t be able to make Jongin see that he is so wrong in choosing to side with the other group.

I am partnering with Baekhyun this time, the only lucky thing that happened aside from him choosing our group.

The games hasn’t started yet, so I plunged into the swimming pool and tried getting on top of the ball, taking into account how the ball feels, how it weighs and the things you need to consider for you to remain on top of it and how your position should be when you balance it. I am sure I had already taken to account the ball’s quality when I saw ty making her way to their own ball and

And

And

ing Jongin’s hands are on her thigh, keeping her from falling. While the other one is close, and close, and close, too close to the apex of her thigh while the other hand, the one on her thigh just a while ago had somehow crept it’s way to her behind, almost clutching her .

The ball of fury that was gathered inside me made its way to my mouth. And before I knew it, I hear myself scream, “Get your ing hands off Kim Jon –“ before my voice died down, completely unheard when I splashed into the water, filling my lungs with generous amount of water courtesy of the swimming pool, thank you very much.

I should thank whoever’s intervention it is because I think it literally made the steam from my head die down and calm me down a bit.

Maybe I have stayed under the water longer than necessary, because then, I felt a hand touch my back, dragging me to the shore when I could have easily done it myself.

“Are you alright?” Baekhyun asks his voice wary and worried and I felt a little bit guilty for being so selfish by making other people worry about me. But hey? I didn’t ask him to.

I tried not to catch a glimpse (which is so impossible) of ty and master ty flirting with each other. The two are obviously oblivious that someone just almost died because of the gross sight of their hands all over one another. These two needs to get a ing room. They haven’t heard of etiquettes, have they?

On the other hand, the pain in my eyes and head are now getting worse. It means more rolling of the eyes, fyi.

The teacher instructed us to gather and prepare for the last round that will determine this year’s winner. “Come on,” I said, clutching Baekhyun’s slender but firm arm and I can’t help but think that Jongin’s is more well-built because he dances and works out on a daily manner. I pushed that traitor out of my mind.

“We have to win no matter what, Baek,” I plead, face planted on the ball that he is now steadying with his arms. “please.” My voice is funnily desperate, but he looks serious and nodded, signaling me to cling onto the ball.

Cling onto the ball like how ty clings to master ty slash Kim Jongin and how master ty’s face is right in front of ty’s .

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter