Chapter 8 - Broken

Just You. A sequel to ‘15 days with Super Junior’.

Previously…

Eunhyuk sat back down on the sofa and covered his face with his hands.

He cant believe his best friend had betrayed him.

Fed him lies. Hid things from him.

Right After Sukira Im going to KBS. Eunhyuk hissed under his breath.

He went to the kitchen and after a few minutes Donghae came back to retrieve his phone. Looking around, he grabbed his phone from the sofa hoping that no one had seen it. Putting it deep inside his jacket pocket, he left the dorm again unknown of the fact that his secret has been unveiled.

 

The next day…

Jae-Min woke up and felt Donghae’s arms around her waist. She looked at the wall clock and saw that it was 10am sharp. She was going to get out of bed as quietly as she could without waking Donghae up but she suddenly jumped at the sudden noise Donghae’s phone made.

“Oppa~ il eona…” She nudged her sleeping boyfriend. But the fish wouldn’t budge at all. “Oppa your phone is ringing…” Jae-Min carried on.

Donghae finally shot up and answered his phone.

“Yoboseyo?” He said huskily while rubbing his eyes.

“Donghae-ssi.” Super Junior’s manager spoke in an angry tone.

“Manager hyung-nim. Gwaenchanayo?” Donghae uttered.

“You’ve been casted out of the drama.”

“Mwoyah?? Waeyo?” Donghae gasped. Jae-Min looked at him worriedly.

“KBS producers know about yours and Shim Jae-Min’s relationship! Donghae how can you be so careless?? You know well enough that in your position you cannot have a girlfriend!” Their manager shouted over the phone.

“Hyung-nim, I didn’t mean for anyone to know.” Donghae mumbled.

“Lee Donghae you have to sort this out. KBS have banned you solely from appearing on any KBS shows. We’re lucky that your band mates have not been banned too.” Their manager said sternly.

“I’m sorry hyung-nim,” Donghae could only apologize.

“I’ve tried my best for this not to leak out to the public. It’s your turn to do something about this. Goodbye.” The phone call ended.

“Ne hyung…” Donghae sighed in disappointment.

“Hae? What’s the matter?” Jae-Min asked nervously. She fears for the worst and she has the feeling that the worst has happened.

Donghae held her hand and squeezed it. “Oppa?” Her voice shook.

“Everyone knows about us jagiya~” Donghae blurted out.

“What? How?” Jae-Min shook like a leaf.

“I don’t know how… Someone might have seen us somewhere and then went to the press,” Donghae replied.

“But the press wouldn’t believe them if they don’t have any proof.”

Donghae pondered at her statement. If someone had seen them out in public, the news would have broken out ages ago since it was ages since him and Jae-Min has been out.

“My camera is in my bedroom.” Donghae stated.

“You think it’s one of the members?” Jae-Min gaped.

“I hope not. I mean why would any of them grass me up?”

“Never mind who grassed you up. Let’s check online.” Jae-Min said.
Jae-Min grabbed her laptop and began searching online. She went on the homepage of allkpop first and she saw the headline, KBS reveals and confirms Super Junior’s Donghae’s relationship with Shim Jae-Min.

It was mentioned in the article that Donghae have been casted out of the drama for breaking a rule that KBS was really strict about. Jae-Min also went on Twitter where she saw that Lee Donghae was on the list of the trending topics worldwide. She went on Tumblr where she saw posts from ELF that they are heartbroken and that they didn’t expect any of this.

But when she went on her CyWorld, she was shocked to death.

“Oppa look at this…” She gulped.

On her profile were messages from ELF. They weren’t any normal messages nor were they friendly messages. Most of them were hate messages and some were even death threats. Donghae read a few and then he went to shut Jae-Min’s laptop off. Jae-Min had started crying and buried her face with her hands. Donghae didn’t know what to do.

“Oppa I’m scared…” Jae-Min sobbed.

“Don’t be… I’ll protect you,” Donghae told her.

With that Donghae pulled her into a tight and comforting hug.

Half an hour later, the couple decided to get dressed and eat breakfast. They were both quiet as they ate and they both know that they were in deep trouble. Donghae’s concerned about his fans and he’s already thinking about his apology that he will tell them but what he’s more concerned about is his best friend Eunhyuk’s reaction to all this. By now Donghae knows that Eunhyuk had realized he has been betrayed by his best friend.

“Let’s go to KBS and apologize to the producers. Maybe they will withdraw their statement,” Jae-Min mentioned.

“I don’t think they will,” Donghae pouted.

“It’s worth a try oppa. Your career could be ruined cos of all this.”

A few minutes later they were both ready to leave. But as Jae-Min was just about to pick up her house keys, the doorbell rang.

“I’ll get it…” Donghae said.

“Oppa it might be ELFs! They’ll kill me!” Jae-Min yelped.

“Don’t worry~” Donghae gave her a reassuring smile.

Donghae went to open the door and he gasped when he saw Eunhyuk who looked nothing but angry. Donghae took a few steps back and opened the door wider so that Eunhyuk could come in. Jae-Min’s jaw dropped at the sight of him. She doesn’t know what to do or what to say exactly.

She’s aware that she has hurt Eunhyuk and she feels very bad about that.

“Eunhyuk oppa…” She breathed. Eunhyuk gave her a cold look.

“Hyuk-ah~ let me explain…” Donghae gulped.

Eunhyuk kept his cold glare fixed on Jae-Min and then turned to Donghae.

“Please can talk about this in a calm manner?” Jae-Min requested.

“Why? Who’s not calm?” Eunhyuk asked flatly. “I just want to thank the both of you for lying to me, for betraying me and for making me look stupid.” He spat at the couple.

“We’re very sorry for not telling you sooner.” Donghae started.

“Sorry oppa--” Jae-Min added.

“Donghae how could you? We’ve been best friends for years! We made a promise to each other to not let a girl-- any girl get in the way of our friendship!” Eunhyuk had started yelling.

“Jae-Min’s different…” Donghae answered. The tension between the three has increased dramatically and Eunhyuk’s yelling could be most probably heard by the neighbours.

“Yeah cos she’s worth jeopardizing our friendship! It’s okay for you to lose me just so you can keep her!” Eunhyuk carried on.

“It’s not like that,” Jae-Min chipped in.

“We should have told you sooner about us. We’re sorry.” Donghae said.

“Well your apology won’t do anything.” Eunhyuk hissed and then punched Donghae on the face causing the latter to fall on the floor. Seeing this, Jae-Min screamed and ran to her boyfriend’s aid.

“Donghae! Are you okay?” She started crying.

Eunhyuk looked down at Donghae and only felt nothing but anger. He never thought that he would ever punch Donghae. He knew how fragile his best friend was but he didn’t regret that punch even one bit. Jae-Min ran to the kitchen to grab a roll of tissue as Donghae’s nose started bleeding.

“You didn’t have to punch him!” Jae-Min shouted at Eunhyuk.

“I’m okay,” Donghae whispered.

“He deserves it…” Eunhyuk uttered.

“Eunhyuk don’t be a bastard.” Jae-Min said.

“Wae? Do you just want me to sit back in the dorm and accept all this? I don’t think so…” Eunhyuk shook his head.

Donghae wiped the blood off his nose and then shook off the shock caused by the punch. He stood up and faced Eunhyuk again. He was going to apologize to him and he doesn’t care how many times until Eunhyuk forgives him. Forgiving Donghae however was the last thing on Eunhyuk’s mind.

“We’re so sorry…” Donghae said.

“Apology not accepted.” Eunhyuk replied.

“Hyuk what do you want us to do just so you could forgive us?”

“I will never forgive the two of you. I will never forget what you did to me. How you both made me feel. How you both betrayed me. I’ll make sure that the two of you will never be happy.” Eunhyuk declared.

“Please listen to what you are saying Eunhyuk. You are not like this. You’re a good person…” Jae-Min sobbed.

Eunhyuk scoffed. “Bad things happen to good people.” He mumbled.

“So you’re saying we can’t be friends ever again?” Donghae’s bottom lip quivered. Jae-Min went to hold his hand tight.

“You got that right!” Eunhyuk responded.

“But what about EunHae?” Donghae pouted.

“EunHae has been ruined, broken and finished since your relationship has been out!” Eunhyuk yelled.

“But Hyuk--” Donghae’s eyes started to water.

“By the way, you two are probably wondering who told the KBS producers about your relationship…” Eunhyuk started.

“What do you know?” Jae-Min questioned.

Eunhyuk placed his hands deep in his pockets before talking again.

“I told them…” He admitted with a sly smile on his face.

“What?!” Donghae and Jae-Min said in unison.

“You left your phone lying around. I saw your photo, you went to retrieve your phone and then I went to your bedroom to look for evidence. Luckily I found your camera. I took it with me to KBS and showed the producers your couple pictures. And here we are.” Eunhyuk announced smugly.

“H-how could you?” Jae-Min stammered. She didn’t expect Eunhyuk to be capable of such a thing. She always thought that Eunhyuk is one of the nicest members of Super Junior. She is shocked to the core hearing him admit that he was the one who grassed them up.

“You bastard!!!!” Donghae yelled and went to punch Eunhyuk which resulted to the latter having a busted lip. Fists kept on flying and the two ended up on the floor, beating each other up.

“STOP!!!!” Jae-Min cried and screamed over and over again.

Eunhyuk picked Donghae up on the floor and then smashed him against the wall and prepared to punch him on the face again but just in time, Jae-Min has gone in between them. She put herself in front of Donghae so that Eunhyuk couldn’t attack him anymore.

“This is stupid!!” She screamed. “I’m getting in between EunHae! This is not right! You two should be together in the first place!” She cried.

“Out of all the people I know, you’re the one whom I trust the most!” Donghae shouted at Eunhyuk.

“How does it feel knowing your best friend had betrayed you huh? Its isn’t it? That’s a taste of your own medicine!” Eunhyuk shouted back.

“YOU TWO HAVE TO STOP THIS!” Jae-Min yelped. “THIS IS CRAZY!”

“Crazy isn’t the word…” Eunhyuk glared at her.

“Shut up and let me talk.” Jae-Min glared at him. She turned to Donghae.

“I think we should break-up.” She announced.

“What?” Donghae gasped. Even Eunhyuk was surprised.

“Our relationship isn’t worth it if it’s causing all of this. I’m calling it off. We shouldn’t see each other anymore.” Jae-Min sobbed.

“But Jae--” Donghae mumbled.
“Please leave. Both of you.” Jae-Min requested.

And by that both Eunhyuk and Donghae left her apartment without saying another word to one another.